LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam

Options

Comments

• Ivanesence
    Options
    Hello,

We're having a similar problem on this end. LuxStyle have said we're welcome to send the products back but this would obviously be at our cost and I'm unsure whether we'd still be billed £5 for the invoice. I've emailed them saying that they've sent out unsolicited goods we didn't want but they're saying that we supposedly agreed to the terms and pushed the big green order button that they emailed us a crude screen-cap of, patronising us along the way.

Do you think that holding onto the goods is the best idea? I don't like the idea of them stressing my mother out with threats of debt collection but from what I've been reading it seems they won't get very far. I do hope I haven't dug myself a hole by exchanging multiple emails with them. :rotfl:

Thanks,

Ivan
  • eejay74
    Options
    Hi Im in NZ and this happened to me too! I can't believe they have done this to sooo many people. Their scare tactics actually work but Im not paying them a penny! I am seriously worried about getting a bad credit rating and going through trouble with Debt Collectors.. no-one likes them! Hopefully if it gets to that level NZ collectors will refuse to be involved. Scam artists like this really make my blood boil. Its just not right on so many levels. They have to be stopped. Why should I pay to send a product back I didn't even ask for in the first place!?
  • eejay74
    Options
    How do I respond to this?

Hello Erina,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not possible to place an order without accepting the terms. You have to press the Order button in the order process, before an order is confirmed and processed. The impact of pressing this button is explained upfront. The explanation also refers to our Terms and Conditions.

We have offered one or more solutions in our previous communication to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to solve your case if you opt not to use any of these solutions. Further e-mails will therefore be ignored, unless you contact us to use one of the previous mentioned solutions.

Please note that once the deadline is over it will be forwarded to collections and this only will result in associated additional costs for you.
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 February 2017 at 8:45PM
    Options
    eejay74 wrote: »
    How do I respond to this?

Hello Erina,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not possible to place an order without accepting the terms. You have to press the Order button in the order process, before an order is confirmed and processed. The impact of pressing this button is explained upfront. The explanation also refers to our Terms and Conditions.

We have offered one or more solutions in our previous communication to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to solve your case if you opt not to use any of these solutions. Further e-mails will therefore be ignored, unless you contact us to use one of the previous mentioned solutions.

Please note that once the deadline is over it will be forwarded to collections and this only will result in associated additional costs for you.

Were the implications of pressing the order button explained to you before you pressed it?

If not then I suggest you ignore their emails. (Trying to reason with them is counter productive as they are not reasonable people.)
  • sallyins
    Options
    I have just received this reply - can anyone advise?

• Ellis1234
    Options
    I found this article on the European Consumer centre website. :)

Luxstyle ApS and Lux International Sales ApS have been reported to the Danish police over the sending of unsolicited goods along with demands for payments from consumers all over the world.

The ECC-Net and other consumer bodies have received many complaints about this company which concern the advertisement of a number of beauty aids.

The consumers report that they can only view a price once their address details have been entered on a webform. It is at this point that the company registers an "order". Typically the consumers have not given their payment details so an invoice is sent with the goods.

The company has suggested to the Danish consumer authority that they do not consider their practice to be in violation of any laws.

We feel that the company has not clearly stated that an order is being placed at the moment the consumer enters their details onto the webform.

What can you do?

If you have received an invoice for goods that you haven't ordered then you can call us for advice on 01268 886690 or email details to ecc@tsi.org.uk.
  • Ellis1234
    Options
    Contact the consumer protection bureau/agency for whatever country you live in, I am sure they will help.
  • mnmn01
    Options
    If the address of the LuxStyle company you ordered from is from Denmark, report your case here to the Denmark Consumer Omudsman: (even if you live outside of Denmark)
    I'm not allowed to post links since i'm new, but just Google "Denmark Consumer Omudsman" and look under "Contact Us"

A family member of mine recently fell for this scam.
    If we all report or cases, hopefully they can investigate and shut this company down.
  • Happyjhajj
    Options
    Hi i didnt order any product from them and send it to me. I email them like i dint want this product they said to me when i will get this send them back and thats what i did. When I received it i send them back and after that i got there email they have got my product back and they have disgard the charges and after this if i am receiving any email just ignore that. But still i am recieving the email and today they have send me the third final warning letter to pay the amount. When i forword the previous confirmation email to them just to let them know, i have done everything and after that got the confirmation email. They are saying they didnt assepet that product back because that was not within returning time period. But that wasnt my fault if I received it late. Now they keep on sending me emails. What should i do? I definitely dont want to pay, what else i can do?

Thanks
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happyjhajj wrote: »
    Hi i didnt order any product from them and send it to me. I email them like i dint want this product they said to me when i will get this send them back and thats what i did. When I received it i send them back and after that i got there email they have got my product back and they have disgard the charges and after this if i am receiving any email just ignore that. But still i am recieving the email and today they have send me the third final warning letter to pay the amount. When i forword the previous confirmation email to them just to let them know, i have done everything and after that got the confirmation email. They are saying they didnt assepet that product back because that was not within returning time period. But that wasnt my fault if I received it late. Now they keep on sending me emails. What should i do? I definitely dont want to pay, what else i can do?

Thanks
    Why don't you read a few of the replies on this thread?

There is plenty of advice here on what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure