LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam

Options

Comments

• Jess-260
    Options
    Hi all,

Like a lot of you I've been having the same issue! After first of all emailing back and forth with them and getting nowhere I have ignored all the emails. From a product they said they sent me (which I haven't received) started at about $30 and now up to $90 with an email from the Australian Debt Recoveries! I'm not sure what to do as like everyone else I never confirmed the product.. I put in my delivery details, assumed they didn't ship to New Zealand so exited the page.

It's frustrating and now I'm worried because I have received an email from the debt collectors. Any thoughts would be great!

Jess
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jess-260 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Like a lot of you I've been having the same issue! After first of all emailing back and forth with them and getting nowhere I have ignored all the emails. From a product they said they sent me (which I haven't received) started at about $30 and now up to $90 with an email from the Australian Debt Recoveries! I'm not sure what to do as like everyone else I never confirmed the product.. I put in my delivery details, assumed they didn't ship to New Zealand so exited the page.

It's frustrating and now I'm worried because I have received an email from the debt collectors. Any thoughts would be great!

Jess
    Re-read post#16.

That action is even more likely to work in your case as you are in New Zealand.
  • Riri86
    Options
    Hi i also got an email from australian debt collectors but i have posted and returned the product to luxstyle untill now theyre not replying on my emails.i even tried calling audebt to hold my invoice but they are always not available to talk to.dont know what will happen next.im really worried coz they just give me 7 days to pay for the product which i have already returned.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Riri86 wrote: »
    Hi i also got an email from australian debt collectors but i have posted and returned the product to luxstyle untill now theyre not replying on my emails.i even tried calling audebt to hold my invoice but they are always not available to talk to.dont know what will happen next.im really worried coz they just give me 7 days to pay for the product which i have already returned.

Re-read post#16.

Collecting debts across international borders is often not worth the effort.
    These companies rely on panicking people.
    Stay calm and ignore all threats unless official court papers arrive.
  • Petbad63
    Options
    Update on LuxStyle scam. My daughter had the misfortune of making an enquiry on this predatory website from Australia and subsequently being advised that she had ordered goods and would be invoiced accordingly. She immediately advised LuxStyle, by return email, that she had not placed an order and to cancel the dispatch of any goods.

Regardless of her instructions, the unsolicited goods arrived at home shortly thereafter.
    Over the ensuing months, she continued to receive threatening letters from LuxStyle, with the purported amount owing growing each time.

What is different in Australia to other threads I have found on the web, is that she recently received a letter of demand from an Australian Debt Collecting company called ADR, demanding payment within seven days. I contacted ADR on her behalf, thinking initially they were part of the scam, but this is not the case. ADR is a legitimate and reputable debt collection agency, who had apparently only recently been contracted by LuxStyle to chase roughly 10000 outstanding purported debts in Australia.

I was then contacted by the owner of ADR who advised me that no further action would be taken against my daughter, and that ADR would be terminating all debt collection arrangements with LuxStyle as they did not wish to be associated with a company that could damage ADR's reputation as a reputable debt collector in the Australian market.

What this means is that in my daughter's instance, the purported debt owing to LuxStyle would be referred back to LuxStyle. We will now wait and see if LuxStyle approaches another Australian debt collector as this is the only way they can have any potential success with swindling money out of Australian victims.

DO NOT PAY THESE MONGRELS ANY MONEY AND REPORT THIS FRAUDULENT SCAM TO ANY LOCAL RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.
  • jamugen
    Options
    I'm located in Spore too. At first I received the product - 2 tubes of QuickMax, I thought i had make a wrong purchase, and normally we make payment before we can receive any product, so I never realized that i got to pay anything further. When I first received the letter, I had just ignore without further investigation. Now i have received the same letter 3rd times, it seems like serious and real reminder, what shall I do now to stop them from sending me further notice or take any action on me?
  • Petbad63
    Options
    Hi Andy, sit tight and don't pay, The debt collector is going to terminate the relationship with LuxStyle.
  • I2gotrippedoff
    Options
    This is the second time I have posted a review about this Company. I am taking the time (again) because they need to be exposed and stopped in my opinion.
    I too abandoned their website after searching for a price online, deciding against purchasing. They sent the product anyway despite me sending an email advising them not to. I endured months of threatening letters demanding money that continued to escalate.
    Eventually they referred the matter to an Australian Debt Collection Agency and I received a letter of demand from them. I phoned the Debt Collectors to discuss the problem and after giving them my reference number they immediately transferred me to the person handling the matter. She was not interested in hearing my story (I guess she has heard it so many times before!) She just informed me that the matter would be wiped from the record. It appears to me that these agencies are aware of this Company and the way it operates. I encourage everyone who has been lured into this web of deceit to stay strong and not pay them - stick to your principles and don't give in! In my experience they are not being validated or supported by reputable Debt Collection Agencies.
  • Riri86
    Options
    That is so good to hear that they will be terminating Luxstyle.. I made a return on the products that i got from them and advice ADR that i have returned it. I told them i have a proof like videoclip posting the item back and a reciept from post office. They closed my invoice straight away. And told me that they will be the one to contact Luxstyle. Im now relieved..
  • Joanne85
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'm so glad you've all not paid, I've been getting emails from Lux Style today threatening legal action if I don't pay, I told them I wasn't as I never requested the product and on the day it came in the post I emailed them saying I didn't want it and they told me to send it back return to sender as I said I wasn't paying postage.
    I replied to one of their emails today saying i will be contacting the police and watchdog over their scam and they haven't replied since.
    It's then that I came on Google to search them and have seen all your replies, I have now contacted watchdog about Lux Style and maybe if they get enough people complaining about them they will warn people know on their about them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure