Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think it's all Aldi and Lidles Beanie.
    Can't switch my head into SW at the moment and I've paid fora countdown - must be half way through and I've lost a pound and a half - can't motivate myself and the more I try the more I go off plan.... Don't think I want to go tomorrow for weigh in - it'll be another gain....

I need payday on Friday - it's been a long month BUT if I go buying expensive presents for my dh it's what happens. It'll be paid in a couple of months from my cc but leaving me a bit skint paying it off quickly. When I ordered it they said it'd be towards the end of the year and I'd budgeted for that then it was ready early - plus I'm expecting a little something from my late mil's estate and it's taking forever - won't be much but I'd earmarked it going toward present. But at least once I've paid my cc again and if the estate is ever shared out to everyone - I can enjoy it and know I've bought the present myself not with his mums money - iykwim

Had a lazy picky tea tonight - couldn't bear the thought of heating the house by using the cooker. All whoopsied items except the salad - was a nice change.

Got a pesky fly buzzing around and it's driving me mad.

Roll on 2 1/2 weeks till we break up - I'm so ready for it. It's been a long hot half term.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    At the traffic light near slimming world I very nearly took the turn back home - then gave myself a kick up the backside - in my head is put about half a stone on....I weighed in and lost half a pound - granted not a massive amount - but much better than I expected. I'm back in the right frame of mind to do this...
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    At the traffic light near slimming world I very nearly took the turn back home - then gave myself a kick up the backside - in my head is put about half a stone on....I weighed in and lost half a pound - granted not a massive amount - but much better than I expected. I'm back in the right frame of mind to do this...

Not as bad as you thought , well done :D
  • milann
    Options
    It's just started raining here and it smells lovely. I can't remember the last time it rained.

Just watching Eat Well for Less - :eek::eek: I know it's probably hyped up for tv but the shopping habits and takeaway habits make you think. I'm going to do a spending diary again just as a wake up as I'm slipping - nothing like the folk on tv but its a long time since I totted up my spends.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »

I do weigh.
    You would be amazed how many people think they have had a bad week & either havent, have STS or even lost!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    Well I started the day well with a bit of gardening - I was really pleased as I managed to sort out an area that was overgrown and had some crispy alpine plants that'd frazzled in the heat. I expected to have to do it in several goes but because of all the rain we'd had yesterday the soil was ok and even using just my left hand it took about an hour. I had to get a bit of brute strength from dh to take a conifer bush that had outgrown its space and a plant out. It's nearly beginning to look acceptable again after a year of neglect and being a building site

My brother phoned and asked us around for a bbq as its his birthday today so we went around via a friends who live in his direction. We had an unexpected lunch there and then went to a garden centre and I bought some plants and fairy houses - don't know if I've mentioned before but dh has a garden railway and we've been making a new little section where we had an old shed. It hasn't actually cost much until today as we've re used things around the garden. But every good garden railway needs a fairy garden and the grandkids will love it.

Then as we were at my brothers we mentioned my dd and her family are home in a couple of weeks and before I could stop myself I heard my voice asking the family around to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary which is the following weekend but we will be away. On my way home my brain kicked in as I realised the garden is improving but still a bit like a building site and I usually do my own catering but I'm still struggling in the kitchen....mmmm....not my brightest idea me thinks . But it's done now and at least we have a deadline to work to.:eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl: need to see where's best for pre cooked catering food.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fairy garden sounds fab.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Any chance you could do the food incrementally or ask those coming to each bring a dish. Also if you go the BBQ route,isn't that a task for the male of the species?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    Options
    Sadly the garden isn't big enough for visitors, children and bbq as I'd have loved that - it's fine for a few but there's too many family. I've collared my sil to bring some stuff and the kids will help me, I think my friend will be able to take me to Costco.

I'm really pleased with the fairy garden - it's a tad tacky for the serious gardener but the granddaughters will love it and that's all that matters.
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Costco is great for party food , feeding lots of people. We always go there for all our catering needs if we need loads. Also Makro , but maybe Costco cheaper.

Fairy garden sounds delightful to me, the DGD's will like it for sure. Enjoy the last couple of days at school.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback