NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I didn't suggest that everyone has DDs or SOs set up.

I've done many switches over recent years, but like most regular posters on here, always make sure that the account to be switched has something on or in it!

No you never said dd etc, but just giving an example of the last couple of pages.

Post 1075 and post 1091
    :T
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Have you switched as well? Hope so.

That's flipping ridiculous. I was sent a signature form to sign and return in the first week together with a reply paid envelope and aload of leaflets
    It wouldn't surprise me if they were making up the rules as they go along!! I would just phone up and say you are still waiting for the signature form to be sent to you,as promised- it hasn't arrived yet.

Yes I switched, actually everything went perfectly until the problem with this bl**dy signature form

I have spoken to them again and am told they do not know which form it is as there are loads of forms:huh:

She is now going to contact my local branch and request they send out a paper form for me to send to Kent:eek:

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    I have spoken to them again and am told they do not know which form it is as there are loads of forms:huh:
    Well, if they don't know then there's not a lot of hope for the rest of us!!:think:

You could make a complaint that they are seriously messing you about?

Just keep a record of all these calls- hopefully it won't come to that!
    Seriously I certainly had a form with a signature box, I won't bore you with the involved story, but it did eventually get posted to Chatham.

My switch went thro today.
    Money transferred from Yorks
    My SO transferred
    £1500 already visited and moved on
    My Yorks Bank a/c closed
    Roll on my welcome handshake!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • roxy28
    First Anniversary
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Yes I switched, actually everything went perfectly until the problem with this bl**dy signature form

She is now going to contact my local branch and request they send out a paper form for me to send to Kent:eek:
    Originally Posted by roxy28 viewpost.gif
    They have asked me to print out a document/form as well,i have downloaded it and will send it back with my signature. Its a very simple form.

I could also i suppose drop if off at the local branch i have chosen

This is what i was asked to do, it was one of my messages online. I have put my own stamp on it but if it pushes things along its ok.
  • I_am_spartacus
    I_am_spartacus Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 February 2018 at 6:06PM
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Not read all through thread so I apologise if my question has already been answered, I am switching my Clydesdale bank account to NatWest, opened up a couple of extra select accounts with a plan to keep the "switched" one with NatWest and move / switch the other two after a month or two.
    Do NatWest clamp down on this sort of thing and close all your accounts if they see this type of thing occurring? I dont want to shot myself in the foot and end up in the situation of Do not pass go do not collect £200
    Thanking you in advance for any replies.
    I am, therefore I think.

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Not read all through thread so I apologise if my question has already been answered, I am switching my Clydesdale bank account to NatWest, opened up a couple of extra select accounts with a plan to keep the "switched" one with NatWest and move / switch the other two after a month or two.
    Do NatWest clamp down on this sort of thing and close all your accounts if they see this type of thing occurring? I dont want to shot myself in the foot and end up in the situation of Do not pass go do not collect £200
    Thanking you in advance for any replies.

Most of us have struggled with opening just the one account so I honestly don't know........ Actually never thought of creating a donor one here .......but that's a thought. (However I think I would rather be moving on- it has been an 'experience' and a half!)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    If it's a .jpg file how on earth could they tell if it's been taken by a scanner or a camera?
    Metadata. They might interrogate it to check that it's a recent image for example. Perhaps they don't look at the metadata, but they could.
  • I_am_spartacus
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Most of us have struggled with opening just the one account so I honestly don't know........ Actually never thought of creating a donor one here .......but that's a thought. (However I think I would rather be moving on- it has been an 'experience' and a half!)

Hi Katiehound,

Thanks for reply, my experience account opening was not too bad, filled in online application, did not like the idea of sending ID proof online so I made an in branch appointment, took along ID required and online application ref. number – account was set up and account number given, online password etc. also set up, then only had to wait for the debit card and card reader to come via post.

Opening the other select account easy via link once logged in, I did not want any overdraft and no further proof of ID needed, new account number and debit card sent out.
    I am, therefore I think.

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    Metadata. They might interrogate it to check that it's a recent image for example. Perhaps they don't look at the metadata, but they could.

Don't think that's it. My driving licence scan was done the day I uploaded it.

They're just making it up as they go along.
  • roxy28
    First Anniversary
    Options
    .I have recieved my debit card today, 2 days after my online application was accepted.
    Never had a debit card with no account number on it before,it just has the sort code and the 16 long number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport