After the Work Programme

Options

Comments

• red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    Latest trick they have is to blame you even when you've done everything you are supposed to

Agree agree
    :footie:
  • Damalt
    Damalt Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    not happy at all. there was me signing thinking in and out. no, they say to me you havent seen your adviser for a while would you do a group session. its just to catch up and to say we've seen you and to deal with any issues you have. i say yes ok. they come back and say sorry its full but your adviser can fit you in now. dont worry they say its just a quick chat to see how things are going. guess what i am now saddled with 2 pointless courses that i dont need in the new year. one is a session telling us how to use ujm even though i have been useing it fine since june. another is a jobclub type thing even though i have all i need to do jobsearch at home. i have to wait for a letter through the post for that one because they cant refer more than 2 weeks in advance. so they are going to do it on news years eve as they said they are in work then. i thought it doesnt surprise me that a person like you hasnt booked holidays in and is choosing to work. the letter better arrive in time. anyone with common sense would have said the one course will do you for now and i'll leave the other until the next time i see you.

I haven't posted for a while on here. But I hope you get at least an easy passage through this BS.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Damalt wrote: »
    I haven't posted for a while on here. But I hope you get at least an easy passage through this BS.
    thanks, still havent got the letter about it yet even though they said they would do the referal at the beginning of this week. i get the feeling i will end up having to visit the jobcentre at the end of next week to check. i might even pay the provider a visit to ask them if i have been refered to them. i am not going to do what most will do and assume i dont have to do it just because i havent recieved the letter which would no doubt arrive 2 days after the start date.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    well still hadnt got the letter today. i wasnt going to take any chances and went to the jobcentre. i thought they would just get someone on the ground floor to check on a computer and if i had been refered print out the letter and if i hadnt been refered just send me on my way. sadly this didnt happen. they phoned up stairs for my adviser who took an age to phone back. i then went upstairs to see them. they hadnt refered me like they said they would. so if i had just not done anything i would have avoided it. unfortunately they refered me there and then. now i just hope it isnt as bad as i fear. i am definately going to miss my voluntary work next week because of it. i just hope they dont insist on me attending the same day every week forever and show some common sense and flexibility instead.
  • sensibleadvice
    Options
    not happy at all. there was me signing thinking in and out. no, they say to me you havent seen your adviser for a while would you do a group session. its just to catch up and to say we've seen you and to deal with any issues you have. i say yes ok. they come back and say sorry its full but your adviser can fit you in now. dont worry they say its just a quick chat to see how things are going. guess what i am now saddled with 2 pointless courses that i dont need in the new year. one is a session telling us how to use ujm even though i have been useing it fine since june. another is a jobclub type thing even though i have all i need to do jobsearch at home. i have to wait for a letter through the post for that one because they cant refer more than 2 weeks in advance. so they are going to do it on news years eve as they said they are in work then. i thought it doesnt surprise me that a person like you hasnt booked holidays in and is choosing to work. the letter better arrive in time. anyone with common sense would have said the one course will do you for now and i'll leave the other until the next time i see you.
    Dwp obviously think the job match is not fine using it since June with no success, insufficient applications, interviews etc. Dwp may feel job searching at home is not focused enough or not happening and having to attend job club makes for more motivated search. Either way both of these can only improve your prospects of finding work so don't focus on not being happy when people are trying to help you back into work.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Dwp obviously think the job match is not fine using it since June with no success, insufficient applications, interviews etc. Dwp may feel job searching at home is not focused enough or not happening and having to attend job club makes for more motivated search. Either way both of these can only improve your prospects of finding work so don't focus on not being happy when people are trying to help you back into work.
    it is a 1 hour group session on how to use it. it is safe to say i know how to use it.
    if they think jobsearch is not happening then they sanction you. i will be doing the same as what i do at home at the jobclub. if i find otherwise i will say so here. their purpose is not to get people into work it is to give people a hard time by making them do things they think the person wont want to do. i know of a person who asked to do the jobclub and their adviser wouldnt let them. they know i do voluntary work and chose to do it so they are just trying to mess me about so i have to miss it. you can guarantee if i wasnt doing voluntary work the first thing they would be saying to me is i think you should do voluntary work.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    it is a 1 hour group session on how to use it. it is safe to say i know how to use it.
    if they think jobsearch is not happening then they sanction you. i will be doing the same as what i do at home at the jobclub. if i find otherwise i will say so here. their purpose is not to get people into work it is to give people a hard time by making them do things they think the person wont want to do. i know of a person who asked to do the jobclub and their adviser wouldnt let them. they know i do voluntary work and chose to do it so they are just trying to mess me about so i have to miss it. you can guarantee if i wasnt doing voluntary work the first thing they would be saying to me is i think you should do voluntary work.
    Why don't you just do it and ask the following

Why are near on all the jobs 3rd part adverts
    Where is there space to put a cover letter
    Why are these 3rd party adverts advertised as one place and are in fact not where they say they are
    Are the adverts vetted before they go live on the UJM site

etc etc
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    Why don't you just do it and ask the following

Why are near on all the jobs 3rd part adverts
    Where is there space to put a cover letter
    Why are these 3rd party adverts advertised as one place and are in fact not where they say they are
    Are the adverts vetted before they go live on the UJM site

etc etc
    theres no point asking those things as they wont have a clue. its not the worst thing to have to put up with. its just a waste of time. i am only likely to speak up if they say we have been refered to it because we need help to learn how to use it. i will correct them then.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    theres no point asking those things as they wont have a clue. its not the worst thing to have to put up with. its just a waste of time. i am only likely to speak up if they say we have been refered to it because we need help to learn how to use it. i will correct them then.
    Oh but they should. Its to tell you how to use it yes? Ask them. Yes a waste of time but I would make them look silly as they need to know the answers to the peoples questions.

No need to correct them at all say you are ok apply for jobs on it and have an account and say I have a few questions however :)
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    Oh but they should. Its to tell you how to use it yes? Ask them. Yes a waste of time but I would make them look silly as they need to know the answers to the peoples questions.

No need to correct them at all say you are ok apply for jobs on it and have an account and say I have a few questions however :)
    those questions are more about why it is designed the way it is rather than how to use it. no doubt it will be all about how to search for certain types of job, how to search for jobs in your region, how to upload a cv, how to use the search options. it will obviously be a session targeted at technophobes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure