After the Work Programme

Options

Comments

• AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    those questions are more about why it is designed the way it is rather than how to use it. no doubt it will be all about how to search for certain types of job, how to search for jobs in your region, how to upload a cv, how to use the search options. it will obviously be a session targeted at technophobes.
    and that's where you say 'oh where does the cover letter go' ;)
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    and that's where you say 'oh where does the cover letter go' ;)
    but i already know their response. they will say you cant attach one and they agree its silly that you cant.
  • AP007
    Options
    but i already know their response. they will say you cant attach one and they agree its silly that you cant.
    Where as my advisor told me you don't need one and no other sites allow you to attach one! LOL

If someone works for a company and knows not why you cant do a certain thing, I'd be thinking why don't they know.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    Where as my advisor told me you don't need one and no other sites allow you to attach one! LOL

If someone works for a company and knows not why you cant do a certain thing, I'd be thinking why don't they know.
    it sounds like your adviser was doing the usual they're so stupid they will fall for anything i say routine.
    it isnt the persons responsibility to know why the site is how it is. their responsibility will be to explain how to use it. its just a jobcentre worker telling us how to use it not one of the people who designed it. theres no point giving them grief about its flaws. they cant do anything about it and its not their fault.
  • AP007
    Options
    it sounds like your adviser was doing the usual they're so stupid they will fall for anything i say routine.
    it isnt the persons responsibility to know why the site is how it is. their responsibility will be to explain how to use it. its just a jobcentre worker telling us how to use it not one of the people who designed it. theres no point giving them grief about its flaws. they cant do anything about it and its not their fault.

No the advisor told me what people on JSA had told her! I have said this on here before and I came home logged into Reed, Totaljobs, Jobsite etc and took screen prints of the cover letters and emailed them to her with no reply - what was I even expecting!

It is their fault as they work for the DWP.

If you worked anywhere and was telling a customer 'sorry I don't know' that's not good enough is it?

You should make it your business to know why it don't work or why there is no where for a cover letter. The thing is the advisors do not care about these things and wont use their brain to ask a manager about it.
  • sensibleadvice
    Options
    it is a 1 hour group session on how to use it. it is safe to say i know how to use it.
    if they think jobsearch is not happening then they sanction you. i will be doing the same as what i do at home at the jobclub. if i find otherwise i will say so here. know of a person who asked to do the jobclub and their adviser wouldnt let them. they know i do voluntary work and chose to do it so they are just trying to mess me about so i have to miss it. you can guarantee if i wasnt doing voluntary work the first thing they would be saying to me is i think you should do voluntary work.
    Seriously, someone who thinks dwp staff think their purpose is to give people a hard time by making them do things they think the person wont want to do must be paranoid in the extreme.

You really think when you go to sign/interview/training etc the advisor is doing that because they think how can we p*ss Donna off today? Really?

Out of interest, how long have you been claiming, only that could have significant bearing on their decisions.
  • sensibleadvice
    Options
    those questions are more about why it is designed the way it is rather than how to use it. no doubt it will be all about how to search for certain types of job, how to search for jobs in your region, how to upload a cv, how to use the search options. it will obviously be a session targeted at technophobes.
    I'm not at all convinced when people blame systems for their shortcomings when its in their hands to take control of their own destiny so reasonable enough given you've been using the system 6 months without success.
  • sensibleadvice
    Options
    Can't you attach a tailored cv with cover letter at the front, all as one attachment? That would show initiative, set you apart from the field and could do no harm at all.
  • AP007
    Options
    I'm not at all convinced when people blame systems for their shortcomings when its in their hands to take control of their own destiny so reasonable enough given you've been using the system 6 months without success.
    It doesn't matter what site it is or if the tools work or not. If you can not get an interview the site wont matter.
  • stix62
    stix62 Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    Options

Others would say the 'system' obviously doesn't work. The state of the country backs that up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure