Do not buy from gogroopie

Options

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As I was outside the 30 day warranty period all i can have is a replacement.

As it is between 30 days and 6 months from date of purchase, you can ask for a refund, repair or replacement. However the supplier gets to choose which one, so by offering you a replacement they are conforming to consumer legislation.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Floorwalker
    Options
    Thank you Lincroft. I eventually accepted a replacement but had the identical laptop with all the same faults sent back to me. What do I do now?????????
  • semboy
    Options
    I recently paid for an item from Gogroopie, after waiting the fourteen days delivery period the item never arrived. I raised a complaint and sent numerous emails to them. They haven't returned my email nor dealt with my complaint, strangely when i went into my account history they have removed the item i bought from my list. so i can't raise a complaint through my account with them.
    I have now raised a complaint with Pay Pal, hopefully they'll get on the case. My advice would be never buy from this company, advice i will be taking from myself.::(
  • Safetygeezer
    Options
    They have stolen nearly £50 off me too but aleady contacted police who now have Cid on the investigation. Hopefully they will set up a honey trap for these criminals. The government are not doing enough to clamp down on those cowboy companies stealing peoples money and getting away with it
    Shut down go groupie !
  • Tina_Diva
    Options
    Safety Geezer, how long did you wait before alerting the police because they are just ignoring my emails now and I'm out of pocket. I explained on another thread that I bought a couple of things, which I thoroughly researched with the merchant beforehand so trusted it would be OK, which I'm calling financial grooming! When I then ordered an item over £150 I only got two fifths of the order so they have basically stolen £100! It's sounding like widespread fraud. Any steps you can give me would be gratefully received. If this is a legalised scam why is it allowed to continue ripping people off? Did you contact the Ombudsman? I'm grateful you're exposing this outfit before they sucker anyone else in!
  • Lezah_boyce
    Options
    Hi Tina Diva, I've also had an issue with go groopie. The merchant hasn't replied to any of my emails about the faulty goods I purchased and go groopie say its not their issue! I've submitted a request to resolver on MSE to add go groopie to their list of companies so they can deal with issues on consumers behalf. Like you I don't know what else to do. I'm furious!
  • Billy_the_wizz
    Options
    Bought an item at £49:99. November 7th. needed for Christmas present.
    Despite many emails "where is it" nothing. to date have written 3 times for either the goods or a refund.
    No sensible response. One confusing email telling me "my voucher had expired"
    What the XXXX how does that form a sensible response?
    Still our £49:99. and very angry and frustrated with them.
    KEEP WELL AWAY if it looks a good deal - FORGET IT. They treat promises like pie crusts, easily broken!
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    edited 21 March 2019 at 10:03AM
    Options
    I too have an issue with Go Groopie,:o I have contacted them almost daily by contact page, the only access you have to their company. Their "phone number " 0203474 0107 is nothing more than a recorded message, you cannot even talk to anyone or leave a message.:eek: It has been 6 weeks since they took my payment and I got replies saying that I "had to wait for the merchant to reply" (Vida Beauty" who clearly are either made up or have no intention of ever supplying goods). I have tried Resolver who just told me to contact the company(yeh, done that!! NO result) so very unhelpful. I tried to email Watchdog but it's a general inbox so no personal help. I have posted my feelings on Facebook and Trustpilot and twitter to try and get some response. I am wasting my time. Someone said Small Claims court but how easy is this if they are not local? It seems as if the so-called Long Distance Selling Regulations are there but there is NO back up for the consumer to do anything. You can quote this law all you like but without some legal representation, the companies just laugh in your face whilst keeping the money. Any other advice welcomed:( Oh yes, I also forgot to say ...Go Groopie has DELETED my original voucher online on my account so when trying to contact them, there is no way to even send an email now as you can only proceed on the item you are querying about. However, I printed the original voucher plus have proof they took my money and have printed off the email replies.
    Carh:A
  • JayneFeath
    Options
    I have been emailing Go Groopie customer service team since April. I have been in contact with Bethan Wilson, Sophie Gibbs and Chantelle Diaz. I bought a 3 night stay in Barcelona for 2 on 11th June 2015 at a total cost of £198. However when I tried to use purchase I found that I couldn’t use the trip as I was teaching on the dates available. I contacted Customer Service immediately asking for a full refund back to my credit card, however the service team member told this was ‘impossible’ but the money would be credited to my account. I have bought items since 2015 using the credit in my account. However recently I saw another city break on the Go Groopie site (I can now travel at anytime or date as I have now retired) but when I tried to use the remaining credit of £162.03 I saw that the credit had expired! Apparently I was credited the amount of £162.03 on 14th November 2017 (2 years after the original credit) and that this credit had expired on 14th November 2018 at 19.41pm.
    At no time have I ever been contacted by Go Groopie advising me of any change to my account or the credit amount nor that it was due to expire.
    I have contacted Go Groopie by email over 20 times asking for my money to be refunded, to be told that it had been passed to management and when they hear anything they will let me know. I have heard nothing. I have tried using Resolver, Citizens Advice, RIP Off Britain etc but still no response.
    I am at my wits end as I cannot afford to lose £162.03 as I am living on a pension. I feel as though I have been robbed! My next step is to get the small claims court involved.
    DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.
  • sam17gard
    Options
    I am also having problems with Go Groopie. I purchased a gazebo which did arrive promptly but the side panels were not as advertised. I had difficulty getting a response to my email. However they have replied today informing me that they have requested the supplier to get in touch with me. I will not hold my breath waiting for a reply. I was also disappointed with the material with which the gazebo was made from. Guilty of false advertising. I will however keep it because of the price but I don't think I would buy from them again. By the way does anyone have a telephone number for them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback