Lifetime performance and build warranty on the module Included
Anti-theft device Included
48 hour repair response with dedicated customer care Included
Total cost of goods £7948.00
Total cost of labour £1987.00
Net total £9935
VAT @ 5% £496.75
Gross total £10431.75

Their projections are £548 savings in the first year (savings, selling and tariff) with 14 years for it to pay for itself.

I've told them I'm thinking about cancelling and they called me. They offered a free upgrade to Sunpower 333w panels if I go ahead. Is this really a good panel?

Any advice? Does this seem reasonable? The stuff I've found online so far generally seems to say they offer a good service,but overquote.

Comments

• gefnew
    gefnew Posts: 876 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    THE BEST THING TO DO IS CANCEL AND THEN COME BACK TO FORUM WITH YOUR DETAILS.
    REGARDS
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Give them a call and tell them to poke it!

You can get far better, far cheaper! Around 4 to 5K cheaper. God knows how they can quote for 2k in Labour!

They are still trying to sell a Voltage optimiser that has never been proven to do anything apart from waste you money!
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Talldrake
    Options
    What details should I come back with?

Can you suggest a cheaper company to use?
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where are you and what orientation do you have for the roof - i.e. which way will the panels face. This can help others predict production.

Is there any shading on the roof? (chimneys, near by buildings, trees?) to take into account?
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 October 2018 at 7:48AM
    Options
    Talldrake wrote: »
    I had Project Solar visit me this week and give me a quote:

Project Solar quotes on here are simply a joke. They are usually twice the price (or more) and have insane paybacks usually based around massive (false) inflation on the electricity savings - £548pa is not a 14yr payback it's a 19yr payback.

There are lots of threads, I'd suggest doing a search (see green panel at top) of their name and reading some threads.

Here's a thread to start you off, but please cancel, the quote is simply insane, panels and inverters are much of a muchness, and salesmen that say differently are just trying to justify a vast price tag on which they probably earn £000's.

Project Solar panels quote.

BTW, only a very quick guesstimate, but unless you are very high leccy users and in during the day, I'd suggest annual savings/earnings of about £400 with a 32yr payback (ignoring inflation and lost interest). That's 20yrs at approx £400, then 12yrs (no FiT) at approx £120-200.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • M0ney
    M0ney Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In March I was £5299 (inc £300 surcharge for the finance) all in for 16 panels 4.48kWp and all the necessary stuff to go with it. Your quote sounds really expensive. To date I've generated around 3200kWh since mid-March in northern Scotland on a SSW facing roof.

The finance deal I got was for no payment for the first 12 months, then £61.50/month over 10 years.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    3 years ago we paid 4850 for 16x 250 panels with built in micro-invertors, solar edge inverter, iBoost. I thought prices were supposed to have fallen since then?
    I think....
  • Zarch
    Zarch Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just last month, 17 x 300w panels, 17 x SolarEdge optismers across 4 different roofs (including flat roof mountings) for just over £6000.

I think you need to cancel immediately and find a couple of independent installers in your area. If you're anywhere around Yorkshire/Midlands I can recommend CTS Renewables at Mansfield. If not, post up where you are located and i'm sure someone could recommend someone local to you.
    17 x 300W panels (5.1kW) on a 3.68kW SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
    12kW Pylontech battery storage system with Lux AC controller
    Creator of the Energy Stats UK website and @energystatsuk Twitter Feed
  • Talldrake
    Options
    Thanks for the replies all.

To answer the question, I'm in Bristol.
  • Talldrake
    Options
    I told them I wanted to cancel (politely).

They came back with:

"
    I have discussed this with my senior manager. We are keen to get a reference installation in your area.

Therefore, I can extend a special, one off offer for the system. Subject to you accepting by tomorrow, the 14th October and we will install and deliver the system as specified in my original proposal for £7,700 including VAT."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure