Forum Home» Green & Ethical MoneySaving

Have solar panel quote, need advice - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Have solar panel quote, need advice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
22 replies 3K views
13»

Replies

• 1st Nov 18, 5:29 PM
    I am just starting looking for a solar panel supplier and installers for a 4 KW system charging about £8,000

14 x Evolution Max Life solar panels
    1 x Growatt Twin Tracker inverter
    1 x K2 mounting kit
    10 year workmanship warranty
    48 hour repair response with dedicated customer care
    Anti-theft device

Is this a good deal ? Can anyone recommend a supplier based in the west midlands I live near to leamington spa
  • edited 2 November 2018 at 3:05PM
    CoastalwatchCoastalwatch Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 2 November 2018 at 3:05PM
    Hi David and welcome!
    As a first off the quote is about double what can be achieved although it doesn't mean you should necessarily write the company off. But do obtain two or three other quotes to compare against. I don't know quite what and anti theft device might be as I've not yet heard of anyone having had a system stolen and it would take a few hours to dismantle one anyway.

I had a system installed earlier in the year and the guys on the forum were most helpful to me. It would be worth you following the link to the thread below which plainly shows the help received so it will all be there for you with out everyone having to repeat the knowledge so kindly passed on to me.
    Should you have any questions arising as a result then I'm sure the guys on here will be only too pleased to help.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5793868#topofpage
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Still waiting for V2H and home storage to become available at sensible cost.