Avro Energy

Options
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
After 6 months with them I was in credit by nearly £500 which would be enough to cover the next 10 months. Upon asking to review my dd they reduced it to £102 from £124. I said to them I have enough credit for 10 months so why so high and they said that it was correct. I cancelled dd and they threatened me with fines. They do not answer the telephone and it takes weeks for a reply via email.
The bills are often estimates, over inflated, even though I always give a meter reading each month.
There has been dozens of complaints that I know of where they are holding back customers money and ignoring people.
Their customer service is terrible once they have you on their books. I suspect they will likely go bust.
FB seems to be the only way to contact them.

AVOID.

Comments

• Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Flt._Lt._Biggles Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2019 at 6:01PM
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
    After 6 months with them I was in credit by nearly £500 which would be enough to cover the next 10 months. Upon asking to review my dd they reduced it to £102 from £124. I said to them I have enough credit for 10 months so why so high and they said that it was correct. I cancelled dd and they threatened me with fines. They do not answer the telephone and it takes weeks for a reply via email.
    The bills are often estimates, over inflated, even though I always give a meter reading each month.
    There has been dozens of complaints that I know of where they are holding back customers money and ignoring people.
    Their customer service is terrible once they have you on their books. I suspect they will likely go bust.
    FB seems to be the only way to contact them.

AVOID.

Something not quite right there.

How was it you paid for at least 16 months usage in just 6 months??? :huh:

Penalty payments may apply if you act other than in accordance with the terms you agreed to abide by. If so, they would be referrred to in those same terms.

Did you follow the suppliers complaint procedure at all?
    You can't do that via facebook.

Here are the various Avro contact details
    https://www.avroenergy.co.uk/Contact.aspx

Email, snailmail, as well as social media. There's also telephone details on their complaint's page here
    https://www.avroenergy.co.uk/Complaints

More feedback on this supplier can be found here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5367862
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »

Welcome to the forum.

The bills shouldn't be estimated if you are submitting regular readings. They normally send an email to tell you when your meter reading is due to allign with the date they produce the statement.

If you are in contract, you may need to pay exit fees to leave prior to your contract end date.
    I hope you get it all sorted.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dr.Evil
    Options
    When I joined up my usage was based on previous supplier payments. Since then my circumstances changed drastically and my usage dropped by over half.
    Using of fb to contact Avro is not my idea but after failing to get through on the phone several times I read about other customers who were having the same problem and the only way they got a reply was via Avro's fb page.
    Yes, I have had a reminder to take a meter reading each month, and each month I have done that. My latest bill I sent readings in on the 1st of the month (they request readings from 1st-3rd).
    My bill for electric was done correctly using my reading but the gas was once again over estimated even though I gave a reading on the same day and time as my electric reading.
    If you reread my post, I did not say I made complaints on FB, but actually said
    "FB seems to be the only way to contact them."
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I contacted them by email, it did take about 4 days to receive a reply but after the initial email their responses to my problem ( a faulty meter that had to be changed) their replies came back within 30 minutes of my emails. The problem was dealt with very efficiently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure