AMOMA.com Closure and Upcoming Bookings

Options

Comments

• Ejwijnhoven
    Options
    Hi,

We're already on holiday & recieved the same email last night.. we panicked & confirmed with the hotel we were moving on to & they responded that we were still booked in! However, after 3hrs of traveling we get there to find it had been cancelled today!!! Luckily they still had our room available so we took that @ a cost 😭😭😭😭
  • BettyJohn
    Options
    I got the same email. I have a hotel booked in london on Oct 11 for 3 nights and when i booked i got a confirmation with a voucher i can access to print and it says in black and white that the hotel has been paid for. Still worried but dont see how they can refuse when it states i have paid. I rang hotel who says its on their system but not sure if i should still be worrying.
  • Nicole62
    Options
    I received the same email last night at 11pm. Our holiday is on the 24th of September. I contacted the hotel and they emailed me back saying the room had been cancelled in the morning. The hotel offered me the room but for their rates of £2000 for a week. No thanks.

I've rung Virgin Credit Cards and they have started a dispute to claim the money back. I hope that will be successful as I've paid Amoma £749.
    What I do find worrying is that I have read my annual Travel Insurance with Puffin, and it states that they won't refund any cancellations through a travel company. <cancellation is not because of the failure of your travel agent, tour operator or due to the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.>> Amoma is a travel agent so hopefully Virgin CC will come through.
    We have booked another hotel as we bought our flight tickets etc. separately.
  • Nicole62
    Options
    BettyJohn wrote: »
    I got the same email. I have a hotel booked in london on Oct 11 for 3 nights and when i booked i got a confirmation with a voucher i can access to print and it says in black and white that the hotel has been paid for. Still worried but dont see how they can refuse when it states i have paid. I rang hotel who says its on their system but not sure if i should still be worrying.

I think everybody who booked with Amoma got a confirmation and a voucher that they had paid. It's worth nothing. Amoma had cancelled our hotelroom already so you better check whether your room is still reserved and then pay whatever they charge.
  • Derekon
    Options
    I am have booked 5 nights in Barcelona in October with AMOMA.....I emailed the hotel direct this morning.

I’m now on my 4th email to them with a simple question.....is my room PAID or not? All I’m getting is “your reservation is still active”......which I think means NO, they have not received my money and they’re telling me to check in a day or two before I fly.....as if!!! I feel I’m in no mans land.....will VISA credit card refund me for this ?

Derek
  • DocSausage
    Options
    I've had a nagging feeling of impending doom about Amoma since I booked our hotel for Oktoberfest about 10 months ago.
    I got onto the web as soon as I got the email last night and managed to rebook at not too much more. I've not had a reply from the original hotel but I expect the worst.
    The only silver lining is knowing I was right all along but that's not much consolation.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    emmamcm1 wrote: »
    I only paid the balance last week so raging I didn't hear anything sooner or I would've cancelled and only lost their £80 deposit instead of £900!!😠

Do you think that the company know that they will be going under and want the public to know.... While they are trying to save the company?
    They will be doing their best to resolve the issue and keep trading.

Their staff will not have any idea what is going on. They are the one's I feel sorry for as they have lost their jobs and income. No refunds for them...

Your booking will be covered by Visa/Mastercard chargeback. Amex will have a way of dealing as well, but I have no idea on their procedure.
    All you need to do is contact your card provider and they will advise what you need to do to get a refund.
    The fact they have no money makes no difference to customers getting their money back.
    Life in the slow lane
  • emmamcm1
    Options
    What I meant was that if they had gone under last week I wouldn't have had to pay the balance. I know they're not going to give any clues. As I said it wasn't booked for me either plus it was booked by debit card not credit card so I'm sorry if I'm angry about it and not exactly thinking of the staff. I've been reading about families left stranded on holiday as their hotels cancelled. Should they be thinking of people they don't know losing their jobs or worrying about where they're getting the money from to sleep tonight in another country??
  • Sue5M
    Options
    Got the same email last night. My booking was made on 8/9 for 8/10. I phoned the hotel this morning, they said booking had been made and paid for. Think I may email them and ask them to notify me if Amoma cancel the booking.
  • Ladley
    Options
    We booked a hotel in July for Phuket for 5 nights. The only one not booked through hotels.com.

Hotel say reservation is there but emailed twice on email and still nothing. Tried to ring but time difference and lack of English is hindering at the moment. Just hope travel insurance/CC will sort.

Stuck as rooms might book up yet don't want to pay twice and lost money we have already spent!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure