Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was roasting a small chicken along with a dozen sausages , plus veggie burger for me , still no leftovers though except a couple of sausages.

No classic car bought today, it was pretty hilarious actually we turned up in a wet field and there were probably a dozen cars in the public car park and about the same on display in the "show" thank goodness it was free entry :rotfl:

No films watched as ds2 took over and we caught up on bates motel, although I did do ok with the wine drinking :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    After being in an ahem "diet" for two weeks , I have lost two pounds :( plus I know I lost that in the first couple of days and then nothing. Ive also just realised that its exactly three months today that we go away to centerparcs, and two months until we go the the Newmarket races (where I shall want to wear a lovely new dress :D)

So I've decided to cut out alcohol for a month as a kick start and to try and be a lot stricter,when I stopped drinking for the first few months of this year it did help me a bit I think. Anyway, I'm going to spend more on food and try and buy stuff I enjoy that's healthy rather than just apples , bananas and cheap veg. Time to get more creative , so I steer clear of other more naughty things.

After a wet and cold weekend it looks like a wonderful sunny day,useless when you are stuck in a factory all day :p
    I sometimes feel I've left it way to late in life to get our finances sorted, if only we had been better when we first got together twenty odd years ago. I'm 40 now and although if everything goes OK we will be mortgage free and hopefully own the factory (or our business will) n seven years time, we still both have no savings and I will have a pension pot of a few hundred pounds , dh probably a few thousand. There will still be so much ground to make up.

Just Monday morning blues I think today :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The point is you are doing it now. Xxx
  • newgirly
    Options
    Cheers al, better late than never I guess :o

I've made a lovely £1870 op on the big loan today :T money that would have been better spent on a little mini for me to swan about in through the summer, but hey ho I shall "cruise" around in our Vauxhall zafira instead :p

I've ordered ds2's birthday presents from the monthly budget so it will have to be a very tight month now, a ticket for a band (dh going and paying for himself) and a massage chair -for gaming apparently :eek: got a good deal on eBay so not too bad, and at least I know it will get used a lot :rotfl:

The factory sale still has not completed ,mainly due to us having a fairly rubbish solicitor,hopefully in the next day or two.
  • newgirly
    edited 29 April 2015 at 8:00AM
    Options
    Top cash back payable today £48:T very much needed as I have £300 food budget and £67 for petrol and that's it until may 28th may :eek: I have spent the rest of this months budget already on some of the boys birthday gifts:

Retro football shirt £25
    West ham cluedo £15
    Massage chair £120
    Ticket for concert £50.25

So the £48 will hopefully tide me over for bits and bobs over the next month, I still have a couple of hundred birthday money left from my 40th if I get desperate but I don't want to use that !

Oops just relalised I have to pay £12for a school trip :o £36 left then :)
  • newgirly
    Options
    £19 spent on food ( and a bottle of wine!) Ready to celebrate completion of buying the factory however that still hasn't happened :mad: cutting out alcohol did not last long as I've just had a glass!

Today I discovered that it's bank holiday Monday next week :wall: how can I not register that ,normally I am counting down the days until time off :rotfl: so a great evening tonight ,five days until work again, wine, PJs and the final episode of inside number 9 :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    Still no completion :eek: we have 10 working days from last Friday until they keep our 20k deposit, yet again it should be today!

On a lighter note I have a lovely day avoiding the cleaning today, out with best friend and baby for a coffee this morning and then I'm out for a cream tea this afternoon with another friend whom I did a favour for, and says she wants to treat me :D

House is a tip at the moment although washing and ironing is done and I did a shop at waitrose last night £61, I have never shopped there really but I suddenly have the urge now I'm on a stricter budget , perhaps its my rebellious side :p I am however shopping very carefully for offers and basics , the kids seem to be prefering the meat I've bought lately though.

I may get a veg box delivery soon and try and skip the trips to the big out of town shops. Unfortunately it is never really possible to park in aldi as the queue reaches up the street for the car park, so waitrose is the nearest and I'm sticking to that excuse :rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    Yay! We have completed :j

We now own just over half a factory unit in east London (well the company which dh owns does ) It does not feel as it should do really as the worry of keeping the staff's jobs and paying for it is very much to the forefront.

I also have another complication on my mind, as a couple of the staff handed their shares back to the company for free (as we could not purchase unless the company had only one shareholder, because of the loan) they are long serving close friends of dh who don't want any money for them as they trust us to look after them when we are in profit.

It goes without saying that of course we will (and have done in the past when ever possible) ie. Bonus's \dividends etc. But i feel so guilty, however the money really needs to come from the company not our rapidly decreasing wages.

Dh treats the company as he always has done when it was owned by many shareholders over the years , he (and I now) are "employees" not the owners if you see what I mean. So it all feels a bit strange now that everything is officially in his name.

Sorry for ranting on, just mixed feelings tonight after many years of ups and downs :o
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Congratulations - great post to read. What a wonderful group of staff who are willing to basically share the risk. Brilliant

Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Raising my glass to a new chapter.xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories