£16,000 debt, turning regret into positive action.

Options

Comments

• LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2018 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Had to get petrol yesterday so spent £20 from the petrol allowance.

Should be a nsd today.

Need to do some more surveys in slacking a bit.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    I am exhausted and feeling extremely down and tired today.

Went shopping and so much I wanted to buy as gifts but Im sure there will
    Be more around when Im
    Debt free and have a present fund.

Spends today:
    £5.58 on food
    £26 on makeup I wanted out of my clothes etc account.
    £12 bday gift from present account.

Its freezing cold and I just feel like a failure, Im tired and have no energy to do anything.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    10 days to go im nearly there.

Done some over spending I think so I need to work out where Im at money wise although I know Iv saved in other areas.

Thursday - £6 on fresh fruit
    Friday - £1 on food
    Saturday - NSD

Going out for a day at the beach to blow the cobwebs away. Going to pack some snacks to eat aswell so should be a nsd fingers crossed.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're feeling down. :( Some good low spending there, though - knowing where it goes is half the battle I think, and makeup and fresh fruit will both help you feel better. :)

How was the beach?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • LadyP01
    Options
    The beach was lovely thank you. Weather was great so it was really enjoyable.

Feeling much better. The weather was making it so cold and then in turn that makes me want to eat naughty things that then makes me feel guilty for eating unhealthy things and for wasting money on those things. It’s a vicious cycle.

It has made me realise how much of a sweet tooth I have and how much I cant control my cravings as Im replacing naughty stuff with lots and lots of fruit so my sugar cravings are always there. Iv decided to give sugar up for a bit so Im expecting a rough week or two. A few days in and Id say headaches are a thing. I never suffer from headaches which shows its the lack of sugar causing them. Nothing a good nap hasnt solved so far. Im expecting to turn into a monster next week due to withdrawals so we shall see how my mood changes.

So far so good I feel good maybe a little more energy but nothing to obvious yet but my ability to turn down sweet stuff so far has been good.

Ill be doing a money check tomorrow to see what I have left for the last 9 days of the month.
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I'll be interested to see how you feel with giving up sugar. I think I have much more of it than I need to. Hope the headache soon goes.

The beach sounds lovely. :)

• LadyP01
    Options
    Day4 of sugar free and my concern is how little side effects I’m having. Iv read up loads on this and there’s reports of fatigue big headaches and basically just pain and I thought to myself I’ll go in head first knowing it will be a rough week and see where we end up.

Apart from the mild headaches on Day 1 that like I say are 100% from the sugar as I don’t suffer from them Iv had nothing else. Hunger is a thing more out of lack of preparation leaving me with limited sugar free options when out but my determination has meant that I found options to have.
    Everything Iv had has been prepared from scratch by myself so I’m 100% sure I’m not still consuming any of those hidden sugars so I’m confused, delighted and worried Iv made a mistake somewhere but Iv asked someone to check my food diary and they have confirmed that my food has been sugar free.
    Feeling wise... I feel good no massive changes to skin or weight that I can tell but more in my attitude I feel like I’m winning and like I’m in control it feels a lot like my debt. When I eat bad things I feel like a failure much like I did when I realised how much debt I was in. Hiding your head in the sand and then when you start hacking away at your debt you feel in control and powerful. That is how giving sugar up has made me feel.

I will say I’m not going crazy this is temporary more to reduce my sugar in take rather then cut it for life I will slowly introduce fruit back next week but avoid chocolates and cakes for much longer.

Now the money update!
    8 days to go!

Actually my spending is fine I just feel like it’s out of control when I havnt had time to check it all over.:rotfl:

Social - £10
    Food - £10
    S/world - £5
    Present - £12
    Left over in bank account -£44.44.

That should see me through the 8 days. Worried about petrol but should be fine.

That £44 if it’s left by pay day can be added on to next months debt busting.
    I’m worried Iv missed something to have it left over so I’m leaving it there until pay day just in case.

Need to keep motivated for the week! As this months debt repayment marks one full year since my LBM so I’m excited to see what Iv done in that year.
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Well done for keeping off the sugar! Just amazing how much of it we eat.

How exciting to be close to a year into your repayments. :) From the figures you're posting it doesn't sound as if you're spending wildly so I am sure you'll see lots of progress.

• LadyP01
    edited 21 February 2018 at 8:58AM
    Options
    I’m hoping so. Im so close I can just feel it but I think these will be the toughest months as I really need to curb my spending on little things so it all adds up. Im already going to be over by a month Im sure. Its all down to me and the things I do.

I forgot to work in Easter into my budget!! And Mothers Day! Costly! Maybe a trip out shopping and an easy lunch for my mum and Easter I have a plan which will need to be executed on pay day and the chocolate given to someone to keep safe from me!!!!

NSD yesterday I will need to get some food shop items tonight. Trying to keep it under £5
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Just popping by to say I've read through your diary and you have done an amazing job! Well done! :j
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback