Comments

• Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes and choc fingers:rotfl:

Oh bubbs forgot about the chocolate fingers. :j

Think it’s too late now for it to happen again x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Someone post a couple of weeks ago these compared:T:T

Oh good :j:j
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a purse direct from Ted Baker and the postal label was just on the box. Annoying. Ok it is only an outer box but a very nice one.
    I have had a parcel apparently delivered by royal mail and it says it has gone ' to yourself or one of your neighbours'? Definitely not gone to me and no card through door so no clue which neighbour it has gone to if any! Had an amazon parcel disappear and the book people forgot to add some of the books to my parcel so sending out after a phone call. Popaballs seem to put whatever is nearest to hand in the parcel then leave you to fight it out with them for missing items.
    All of these were ordered well before black Friday as well.
    The main problem I have with amazon is that the drivers can't read the instructions on where to leave parcel due to not having English as a first language and at this time of year not just the regular driver.

Freezing here by channel. Think we were spoilt last year as was so mild.

V x

Yeah I've had all that sort of thing before as well, and I don't think I've ever ordered an item of furniture online and had it arrive in the right amount of pieces and damage-free. Parcels are often left behind or in our green bin, thankfully we live in a relatively safe area. I've also had one card state 'parcel left in thorn bush' which made me realise I really needed to get to work in the front garden :rotfl:

There are companies out there working on solutions which should help to resolve some of the issues. For example, in Germany a lot of homes have secure DHL delivery boxes out the front, with key codes that drivers can use to drop off parcels if the recipient isn't in. That would be good here, and it would help to avoid the frustrating 'you weren't home' cards, providing they could guarantee its security.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Yeah I've had all that sort of thing before as well, and I don't think I've ever ordered an item of furniture online and had it arrive in the right amount of pieces and damage-free. Parcels are often left behind or in our green bin, thankfully we live in a relatively safe area. I've also had one card state 'parcel left in thorn bush' which made me realise I really needed to get to work in the front garden :rotfl:

There are companies out there working on solutions which should help to resolve some of the issues. For example, in Germany a lot of homes have secure DHL delivery boxes out the front, with key codes that drivers can use to drop off parcels if the recipient isn't in. That would be good here, and it would help to avoid the frustrating 'you weren't home' cards, providing they could guarantee its security.

We are lucky round here. any neighbours will take in parcels, we do the same in return. I was slightly puzzled yesterday though, My Hermes left a parcel on the doorstep (Christmas Tree Angel), not a problem round here, but he normally puts it round in the back garden, must have been a different driver, hope he's OK.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »

I've found several packages in DD's recycling bin before now, no card, just a surprise when you go to put the papers in there!

Still not had my Marmite :(
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've found several packages in DD's recycling bin before now, no card, just a surprise when you go to put the papers in there!

Still not had my Marmite :(

My marmite came yesterday :D 40p off coupon with it :j
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    :beer: Huge thanks to Scampi, turned up today mate, many thanks!

Glad it got to you. :)
  • Classy_Chick06
    Options
    Just heard from my neighbour (Tosco employee) gift sets going on offer on Thursday!
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • nettiebobs
    Options
    Yes and choc fingers:rotfl:

Don't forget, they weren't just fingers..........they were 'fabulous fingers' :p
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Just heard from my neighbour (Tosco employee) gift sets going on offer on Thursday!

Surely wouldn’t go any cheaper?
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure