Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• hampydoodums
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Had a delivery a few weeks ago - text to say they would be here between 11.14 and 11.44 - looked out at 11.10 - driver outside so I opened the , he came with the parcel but we had to stand and chat for 4 mins as he was not allowed to scan the parcel and take my signature until the specified time???? He said sometimes he is sitting outside a house for over half an hour. Now, that's fine if somebody isn't in until the time quoted, but blinking heck, whose going to complain if their parcel comes early??

Well that’s just ridiculous :o
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • choclate24
    Options
    Are mullers still working please and thank you
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carpet fitters are still here :eek:, they’re just finishing off. They have to vacuum and put the furniture back where you want it. Will give it a good going over with the Dyson tomorrow. Very happy with it, such a lovely soft grey :)
    Still there!! Sounds like they've done a good job though.
  • pippo
    Options
    Well that’s just ridiculous :o

That's exactly what I thought.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Carpet fitters are still here :eek:, they’re just finishing off. They have to vacuum and put the furniture back where you want it. Will give it a good going over with the Dyson tomorrow. Very happy with it, such a lovely soft grey :)

What time did they get there?:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    AvT
    1x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) £2.00 £1.00
    2x Alberto Balsam Blends Stunning Shine Shampoo (300ml) £4.00 £2.00
    1x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) £2.00 £1.00
    2x Alberto Balsam Blends Stunning Shine Conditioner (300ml) £4.00 £2.00
    2x ASDA Spreadable with Real Butter Light (500g) £4.20 £2.00

AvS
    2x ASDA Spreadable with Real Butter Light (500g) £4.20 £2.00

light.jpg
  • pippo
    Options
    Well, RL is getting a bit manic at the moment.
    Lots of messages re the loss of my friend and colleague, even though I haven't manged that team of workers for 8 years have 20 + people messaging me for info.......

BF, whose husband died suddenly 2 years ago has been in a relationship with our (new) pub landlord for the last 6 months, she found out on Sunday that he has been cheating on her:eek::eek:
    Much coffee and wine has been drunk, and she is now not pursuing revenge, but has assumed the role of a 'lady' and is awaiting Karma to bite him (and her) in the butt!!

DH/aka Grumpy knickers has no work at the moment, no worry about that, but I always look at this time of year to get my handyman jobs done around the house, like paint!!!! No, he's taken the front door lock apart, 3 days ago, still in pieces on the dining table, and decided that he is making broth!
    Many swear words getting the slow cooker out, we now need foil as a matter of urgency, why the @@!! is that there etc etc...

I, before all of the above erupted decided to invite a few 'girls' for drinks and nibbles on Saturday, not just close friends, but people who have never been to my house before, so I need to do a deep clean and tidy!!
    As our local news traffic person says... you're up to date !
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes and choc fingers:rotfl:
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    Don't forget, they weren't just fingers..........they were 'fabulous fingers' :p

I got addicted to those.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Well, RL is getting a bit manic at the moment.
    Lots of messages re the loss of my friend and colleague, even though I haven't manged that team of workers for 8 years have 20 + people messaging me for info.......

BF, whose husband died suddenly 2 years ago has been in a relationship with our (new) pub landlord for the last 6 months, she found out on Sunday that he has been cheating on her:eek::eek:
    Much coffee and wine has been drunk, and she is now not pursuing revenge, but has assumed the role of a 'lady' and is awaiting Karma to bite him (and her) in the butt!!

DH/aka Grumpy knickers has no work at the moment, no worry about that, but I always look at this time of year to get my handyman jobs done around the house, like paint!!!! No, he's taken the front door lock apart, 3 days ago, still in pieces on the dining table, and decided that he is making broth!
    Many swear words getting the slow cooker out, we now need foil as a matter of urgency, why the @@!! is that there etc etc...

I, before all of the above erupted decided to invite a few 'girls' for drinks and nibbles on Saturday, not just close friends, but people who have never been to my house before, so I need to do a deep clean and tidy!!
    As our local news traffic person says... you're up to date !

Well thats a bit selfish, inviting friends round while your hard working OH is busy trying to perfect lock maintenance on the dining table. Jeezzz, talk about selfish! :eek:
    *hides*
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget, they weren't just fingers..........they were 'fabulous fingers' :p

Can't forget those my son has one of the tins for his drug box , so lives on kitchen side. Would love them to glitch again.

Evening all hope the elite are well hugs to everyone tonight x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure