Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where are these days flying to?? The positive about them going so fast is that the money should be in soon!!

Ds2 is still unwell. He's working his way through his antibiotics and having plenty of cuddles.

I updated the apps on my phone earlier (don't do it often enough!) and the ynab update is fab! I can now do so much more on ynab using the app, and it means I won't need to go on the computer as often with it. I don't think you can reconcile on it, but you can do most other bits!

Very low spend week (so far!). Other than dinner money, fruit money and the usual bills, we haven't spent anything. Don't have time to spend when we're working all day :rotfl: If we carry on like this for the rest of the week, we will be able to have a chippy tea Friday night! Dh and ds1 will be very happy!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Are you on the 'new' YNAB or classic?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Are you on the 'new' YNAB or classic?

I use the new one. I used the classic for a few years, but somehow or other lost everything a few months back! No idea how I managed it, but I just couldn't find a way to get it back. I couldn't live without it, so decided to fork out it for the new one.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    £5 cash spent today. I popped to the shop on the way to work and picked up a couple of lucozade bottles (thought the sugar would help!!), a punnet of strawberries (healthy work snacking at my desk) and a packet of biscuits (not so healthy work snacking!!). It's unbelievable how fast money can disappear!!

I've been given the bill for ds1's after school club today, so have written the cheque for that. Ds2 is still unwell, so Dh took the day off to look after him. One of the joys of nursery.....paying when they're off sick!

I've done our meal planning for next week and the Tesco online shop is done ready for saturday's delivery. I'm sure I mentioned this recently, but I'm sure that food prices are rocketing. It's so expensive!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    MrsSave wrote: »
    I use the new one. I used the classic for a few years, but somehow or other lost everything a few months back! No idea how I managed it, but I just couldn't find a way to get it back. I couldn't live without it, so decided to fork out it for the new one.

I'm increasingly having issues with the classic app on my phone, sometimes it doesn't take an update from the iPad app, but takes later changes, today the iPad app isn't taking the updates from the phone app so I can't Tilley tidy. Maybe upgrading to new ynab will have to be my 'I've got a new job' treat to myself. Boy, I know how to live!
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I'm increasingly having issues with the classic app on my phone, sometimes it doesn't take an update from the iPad app, but takes later changes, today the iPad app isn't taking the updates from the phone app so I can't Tilley tidy. Maybe upgrading to new ynab will have to be my 'I've got a new job' treat to myself. Boy, I know how to live!

:rotfl:

I couldn't believe how excited I got at the updated app yesterday! This money saving is taking over our lives!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I'm awake super early this morning. No idea why, but I'll be tired later!!

I've checked the banks accounts and YNAB and everything's up to date there. We should be getting this money in less than 2 weeks now. I'm so ridiculously excited. My loan payment has gone out today, and other than paying it off I'm hoping it will be the last one ever!

We've still got around £20 to last until tomorrow night (trying weekly budgeting, starting on a Saturday). Unless we spend today (nothing we need), we should be able to have our chippy tea tomorrow night, that costs around £6 for us.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Lunchtime. I'm all alone in the office today, so it's lunch with one ear listening out for the phone. My early start is starting to catch up with me. I'm super ready for the weekend (not that it generally brings any extra sleep!!). Typically ds1 slept until I woke him at quarter to 8 this morning (dh took ds2 to mil for the day). What's the betting that Saturday morning he'll be awake at 6:30??!!

No money updates, just needed someone to talk to :rotfl: it's very quiet being the only one here!! Right, back to it......3 hours until home time!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I was about to celebrate a nsd, then I remembered....ds1 brought home the school photo proof. That's a small fortune spent there! I think it's easier to spend online that it is walking into a shop. It's so easy to do, and I easily do it without thinking.

Right, I'm totally shattered tonight so time for bed. Night!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Friday!! Yay!! :j

Dh's wages have gone into the bank. I've already checked the accounts and they all seem good. Everything balances. Oh, and we've got enough for chips tonight before the new balance starts tomorrow. We do need to buy batteries and bulbs though. I may do it this evening, or it may be tomorrow afternoon as I need to pop into town then.

Right, is best jump in the shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income