IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    but would like some advice as where to start contesting this ticket, what do I have to do first
    Two things:

1. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 at this stage, which will take you through what to do to fight this.
    2. Start your own thread if you have any questions after reading the sticky. Forum rules are one case, one thread please.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    G24 PCN cancelled after a complaint in person to the retail Store Manager, insisting!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5580503

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • surveyor_101
    Options
    Roadchef canceled my double dip ticket at Taunton Deane Services and provided me with £15 of gift vouchers.

Use their website and email the site managers for each services direct.
  • Nik1967
    Options
    Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I got a PNC letter yesterday from Euro car parks for parking for 26 mins over the allotted time at Bolton Shopping Centre on Dec. 29th 2016. I was determined not to pay as I know had been buying there and had a receipt as proof of such.
    I looked at your forum and the notice for newbies, which I read. I sent an appeal to Euro Car Parks from their site, but I used the proforma letter from your site and filled it in with my details.
    I also found out the agents for the land and sent them and customer services at TK Maxx an email explaining the situation and how I was being penalised for spending money at their stores!

Today I have received an email from Euro car parks saying my fine had been cancelled! I hadn't expected such a quick turn around, and I don't know what part of the 'input' had made the difference, but it just shows... Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
    And of course... I will be exceptionally careful how much time I spend at this retail park in the future. Ultimately, the retailers are the losers.
    Nick.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great example Nik1967 of someone who has used the NEWBIES sticky resource on here, taken time to work through it, understand it and use the advice given in it, resulting in a swift and positive outcome.

Shame that so many others don't (won't!) read it and want the already stretched forum regulars to spoon-feed them every step of the way, which inevitably takes much longer.

Mind-numbers like, 'it's too complicated for me', 'I'm still confused', 'do I email or send a letter', 'first or second class stamp', are guaranteed to push up blood pressure! :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • CBx
    CBx Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I am at a loss of what to do and feel I may just have to pay the bullying unfair Debt Recovery Demand.

I am physically disabled (but am able to drive!) and parked at a railway station that I had been using for 5+ years - using Ringgo, i input the car-park code but accidentally input the the code incorrectly. I went to work and sadly came back to the yellow ticket on my windscreen.

Obviously i immediately appealed it (as i sat in my car) and was told i would have to wait their obligatory several weeks for a response - which I did. I subsequently (the PCN was received on 31st October 2016) received and sent numerous emails all maintaining the appeal. I sent proof of the payment (albeit to the incorrect car-park) and tried to appeal to their better judgement regarding my disability (I have MS and sometimes have a spasm which unfortunately ended up with the mis-keying).

As i said, i now have Debt Recovery Plus Ltd chasing me for the payment (i have now lost any option to pay the reduced amount) but feel that i am ABSOLUTELY in the right (having sent the proof of payment) - should i just wait it out and see them in court?

Claire
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CBx wrote: »
    I am at a loss of what to do and feel I may just have to pay the bullying unfair Debt Recovery Demand.

So why are you implying that you made a successful complaint?
  • Kathryncordle
    Options
    PLEASE HELP
    I am so confused with what option is best. I am a regular shopper to Lidl in Llanishen, Cardiff. On this occasion my daughter was parked in Lidl in Cathays, Cardiff. The maximum stay is 2 hours. After shopping (she threw away the receipt) and returned to her car but she went over the two hours by 3 minutes. Entry to the car park was at 12.42 and departure is 14.45. Can someone advise me whether I should answer the letter or not. She is only 19 years so fraught with worry. They have sent photos of the car but the driver is not visable from the copy they have sent. I thank you in advance x
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Your post doesn't indicate how you were successful with your complaint.

Oh. You mean you didn't actually read the thread title, and posted here with a question instead? ;)

I see you eventually created your own thread. :)
  • sunflower888
    Options
    Hi, Is it possible to get compensation from suing Parking Eye for time wasted and stress? Against Parking Eye.

They submitted a PC fine against me before Christmas despite it being and in and out on two separate days! They clearly mismatched their records then also refused to fix it when I called. Meaning lots of chasing and time wasted to B&Q's head office, in Watford. It was cancelled in the end, but by the stores involvement. :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback