Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I use Jon Frieda foam & have never had a problem.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks WF, SA and Beanie. I can't remember which make it was but my mum complained to boots and they confirmed it was a dodgy batch :eek:. Usually I don't feel guilty about getting my hair done etc using my own spending money but we have had so much to extra to budget in recently its getting out of hand.

Just made 51p on 3mee... every little helps :money:.

Roll on DH's payrise! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    Options
    Roll on DH's payrise indeed :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• mummytogirls
    Options
    This is assuming he's gonna get one Beanie :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    Options
    This is assuming he's gonna get one Beanie :rotfl: xx

Oh, sorry, from your post I thought he was.

• beanielou
    Options
    Oh & time to update your signature :)
    You must be in the 5's :)

• mummytogirls
    Options
    He usually does Beanie :). Yeah you're right I do need to, I have to boot up my old banger laptop for my spreadsheet!! Will do it next time I'm on there xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooo gotta love a snow day! I've had Thursday and Friday as snow days. My school is only 2.5 miles from me but it's like another world up there. The school is in a tiny village and the roads to it are awful. In the past I've parked up and walked a mile to get there.

Just think in the £5!s -how fab is that!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Feeling in a better mood today :D, although I shouldn't really since I haven't managed to claw much back on todays shopping. DD2 and I went to Mr Al's this morning, we needed everything since the local shops had sold out of bread, milk etc. Our local Al's came good though, the manager had ordered extra and because we got there early there was lots on the shelves. It was getting busy as we left so not sure what the shelves will look like now mind!! We spent £60 but this included mothers day cards which I will take out of the mothers day budget. Also bought washing powder, dishwasher tablets, bin bags. All these things usually come from Mr T's but as much as I could have done without buying them today it will save me in the long run.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - toast, beans, scrambled egg, mushrooms and tomatoes - made by DH
    Tea - Curry which is being made by DD1, rice and naan bread

So I've just cut up the chicken and marinated it for DD as she's making the hot or not curry which is on the recipe cards in Mr T's. I don't trust her to not poison us with the raw chicken which is why I've dealt with it :rotfl:

Positives:
    * just made flapjacks using stores for next few days
    * made it out of the village for the first time since Tuesday

Think thats about all, hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope the curry works out well, its good that she takes an interest.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback