Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a nice day - I got an orchid from my DD too, it's surprising how long they last if you look after them (LOL).
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the takeaway was good and you had a lovely evening

Loving the new sig :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up whilst catching up with some TV.

Thank you for your all your lovely messages, our take away was delicious! Been back on it since though.

Yesterday was NSD5 of 10, really pleased I'm nearly half way to target and its not quite half way through the month yet.

Today has been a spend day. £21 on a top up of petrol and £3 in Mr Al's on milk and juice as couldn't wait until Friday.

Had a busy day with work, Mr Al's and then DD's swimming lesson. DD's cooked the tea again tonight which was delicious again, although they had gone a bit wild with the old chillies :rotfl:.

Tomorrow the weather is looking nice here so I have got my washing loaded up to go out on the patio on the airer. Cant get the proper line out yet as the garden is far too boggy down at the bottom. It won't fully dry but even if I only put it in the dryer for 30 mins its a lot less than over an hour. Pegging out has begun :D.

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    How lovely to be able to put washing outside :). Our weather has been pretty good since the snow melted, apart from the odd day of rain. I'm not looking forward to it getting colder again at the weekend though :eek:.

Have a lovely Friday :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Wow Friday :D its been a long week since I've not done a full one for a few weeks ha!!!

Absolutely shattered today and not feeling 100%, not poorly just tired I think, was in bed for 7.30 last night.

So today is NSD7 :T, probably won't have one for a couple of days now though (maybe could get one tomorrow).

DD's both not in the best of moods since coming home from school. DD2 was absolutely raging that she hasnt been given a handwriting pen even though she was almost promised one by the teacher. I explained maybe her writing wasn't quite there yet which obviously went down like a lead balloon :rotfl:. Just leaving them to their own devices for the moment as don't want it carrying on into the weekend.

So HHOD my washing actually fully dried the other day! I just put it on the radiators for half an hour to make doubly sure but it was all ironed and put back away that night.

Its been so damp and foggy here for a couple of days with snow forecast again overnight. Ive parked my car off the street in preparation as I need to get DD to her competition on Saturday and I've no chance if its parked on the street.

Think thats all. Happy Friday all xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

The snow is back here :mad:, really wish it would just do one now! Its really windy too.

So today, well I won't be leaving the house as I'm not even dressed :o. Decided I might aswell just cook tea now and then get showered as I can't stand food smell on me! Should be a NSD no 8 of 10 :D.

Im just on my 3rd load of washing today and I've been ironing as its been coming out of the dryer.

The battle with DD1 continues! She has one job to do for her phone which is unloading the dishwasher. She's asked us to stop nagging at her so weve agreed previously thats fine and she needs to do it off her own back. This hasnt worked so I've just said fine me and Dad will do it and I've taken the phone back! Im sick of the kitchen being a mess with dishes and plates all over the place. This one is almost definitely going to have to learn the hard way. If she was older I think id have to ask her to move out :rotfl:.

Think thats all really. DD2 and I are out at a competition tomorrow so thats a full day out. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    DD1 has just been telling DH that were the worst parents as none of her friends have to work for phones/spending money. Q 2 of her friends knocking on the door so I did a quick poll :rotfl:
    They both agreed yes they do and one of the boys said he cleans and hoovers. In your face DD1 :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol! Kids - who'd have them eh! My youngest son is not doing his homework, he's in Y10 so GCSE stuff. I've told him when he comes home from his dads on Sunday afternoon his PS4 will be missing until the homework is done!

Mean but needs must!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    More snow here too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

The snow came back with a vengeance over night! Everything has been cancelled dance competition and DDs football match. I think thats the last of it now, getting to work should be fun in the morning though as its just going to be ice.

Today has been a NSD so far but unsure what were having for tea as we had planned to eat out on the way back from the competition and football.

We been out for what I hope is the last of the sledging for this year. Couldn't really be bothered if I'm honest but in a few years kids won't want to go anyway so making the most of it!

Just defrosting with a cuppa! xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport