Have you any nice travel plans for 2018?

Options

Comments

• Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    Don't give up on Costa Rica Ballard! It's probably the most beautiful place I ever saw, everything was a real wow factor, & we only stayed in Jaco.

I will keep it in mind but the problem is that my travelling buddy is REALLY into hiking and outdoorsy stuff whereas a day or two here and there is more than enough for me. If we were to go there I’d be left with the choice of either going out separate ways for a while or I’d follow him somewhere where I don’t have a lot to do.

After two very active holidays I feel in need for a much more relaxed approach. I’m more than happy to go on holiday elsewhere alone if he wants to go to CR. I haven’t had a solo holiday since 2015 (and even then he turned up after a couple of weeks) and in some ways it’d be good to go alone.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • sheslookinhot
    Options
    1 week in Coralejo, Fuerteventura, 13-Jan followed by a weekend in Lisbon end of January.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Rome for the rugby in February. April and May in St Lucia. September in Dubrovnik with friends and back to the Caribbean again in November for the remainder of the year. Plans are fluid though.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    We've got our wonderful annual sunshine break in Turkey booked for June: perfect relaxation, super food, company, warm sea and sun.

We've just got back from Poland having enjoyed a split centre city break in Krakow and Warsaw. We'll do at least one more city break in the spring.

I'm a great believer in something to look forward to.
    What did you think of Warsaw (in comparison to Krakow which i already know)? I considered it a couple of years ago but was put off by negative feedback.
  • katejo
    edited 29 December 2017 at 4:58PM
    Options
    Siriki wrote: »
    You planned really many trips for the next year, that's so cool! :T Spain is one of our destinations for this summer too, we're going to repeat a trip to Barcelona, it's one of my favourite places there! We adore nice beaches as there and besides this city combines many historical sightseeings and other interesting places for us, can't wait for the summer! Besides for this time we want also to visit Madrid for at least a couple of days.
    We're going to Germany in July too, for this year we really want to attend one of their famous music festivals, they're amazing and one of the best ever! However this one won't be long, we'll stay there only for 5 days till the festival ends :)
    And for spring we decided to finally visit Lithuania, we had an interest in Baltic countries for several years and have never been there so it'll be our first time in this region and I'm really excited about this! We'll spend there 10 days and I hope that it'll be enough for exploring all interesting places there, especially Vilnius https://greentourbaltic.com/tourcats/vilnius/ , there's so many interesting museums and historical sightseeings and we adore such things so much. I heard that Lithuania is cool for celebrating Christmas abroad too and we wanted to have a trip there earlier during this year but it was impossible because of some reasons... So now spring is our final decision.
    When you are in Lithuania, I recommend you try to see the Curonian Spit (weather permitting). I went there in May during a Baltic Republic tour and it was a highlight of the trip for me. Pine forests and sandy beaches. Wonderful for walking. I also recommend the Hill of Witches http://www.visitlithuania.net/index.php/places-to-visit/95-seaside/186-raganu-kalnas-hill-of-witches
  • katejo
    Options
    melanzana wrote: »
    I love the escapism of reading about other people's travel plans.

We will be going to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote in January.

Driving the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland early April.

Cruise in June, destination under discussion, but will be Mediterranean or Norwegian Fjiords.

Spain in September. Pretty much run of the mill, but we are so fortunate to be able to do it.

I have done all the long hauls I want to do now, so it's Europe for now. :j

i haven't booked anything yet but places under consideration are Portugal, Romania (both Explore Worldwide Trips) and possibly Sweden. i am likely to return to Bologna for a short language learning trip in the autumn. I go most years.
  • Mischiefmanaged
    Options
    15 days in Orlando in late August. 10 days staying in Disney and 5 days at Universal. It's my dream holiday and me hubby and 2 kids cannot wait. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but Im honestly nearly bursting with excitement xx
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but Im honestly nearly bursting with excitement xx
    Who cares what others think? We did the theme parks in the 80s & loved it. Didn't take any kids though, they only get in the way.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    Who cares what others think? We did the theme parks in the 80s & loved it. Didn't take any kids though, they only get in the way.

Exactly. Not my cup of tea at all but the places seem to be full of people really enjoying themselves.

I dare say some of my holiday choices would leave others cold, but who cares.
  • nomorekids
    Options
    Barcelona in June, my talented DD is representing her country dancing at Dance World Cup 2018 and I can't wait or even think beyond that because I am so so proud and so excited to finally see Barcelona as I've wanted to go for ages.
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure