Options
123457»

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    try and read it again, looking at the bit in bold...

Try reading my post again, specifically this part:
    So at the point the OP was saying about the consensus, even people who had read every reply would only know that the van was on OPs side of the road and not that the vans own side was unobstructed.

Plus, read the bit in bold you quoted from the OP....
    as I was turning into the lane I had to come to a complete stop due to a van driver tearing towards me on my side of the lane

Coupled together gives the impression that the van had already committed to overtaking parked vehicles at the time OP turned in. #50 we're finally told that there was no reason (or at least no reason that was obvious to OP) for the van to be in that lane.

Again, I'm not disputing anything the OP has said - merely pointing out if they'd given more detail in their OP perhaps the consensus would have been different.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • paddycharlie
    Options
    The OP has on numerous occasions either kept details back or embellished the story.

In the OP it states the driver became quite aggressive but further down the OP states 'Police Scotland asked if the other driver was being aggressive I said that I wouldn't go as far as to say he was being aggressive.'

So what is the point of reporting to the Police a non aggressive person over a right of way disagreement?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For those asking for a streetview I shan!!!8217;t be posting a streetview of somewhere so close to my place of work on a public forum.
    Why not? Sounds like a cop-out to me.

I work close to this place: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/102+Broad+Oak+Rd,+Canterbury+CT2/@51.2969159,1.100171,3a,75y,75.73h,81.27t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1szz32NWypxx-rnGdiG4dGsw!2e0!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x47deca5ca3fa4d7d:0x614aaf6d4f4ce8e8!2sSturry+Rd,+Canterbury+CT1+1DT!3m1!1s0x47deca59908c4ec7:0x757c9bab8430b388

Care to have a guess as to where I work?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    From home?
    Yes. You too can earn thousands working from home. Just call 07123 etc etc....
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Yes. You too can earn thousands working from home. Just call 07123 etc etc....

The "lady" in the advert charges £120 per hour.
    If I was lucky, I'd probably get £1.20 an hour so I think that earning thousands is a bit beyond my reach.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Interesting so even though you are a professional driver you have such little faith in your own driving abilities

Oh I have absolute faith in my driving abilities, I've done over 2,000,000 miles points and accident free and I add another 400+ miles per day to that. Its the other twonks on the road driving cars that I don't. I have been reversing onto a road out of a premises in a vehicle that is 8ft wide, 53ft long and 14ft high lit up like blackpool illuminations with a very loud reverse beeper saying "warning this vehicle is reversing" sounding and a banksman stood in the middle of the road in hi-viz to stop traffic and still had people driving round the back of me to the point they've gone up the verge and onto the pavement. I've been reversing into a business and had drivers so impatient to get past me they've actually driven into the gateway of the business to get around me.

My vehicle is solid, I cannot see through it, even if there was a rear window in the cab I can't see through the load. If a car drives close enough to the rear of my vehicle I cannot see them. I don't trust you car drivers enough not to do that even though I have hazard warning lights on, reverse lights on and that loud reversing beeper saying I'm reversing because I've had plenty of examples of you not doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure