Road Traffic Incident and Police Scotland

Options

Comments

• DavidF
    DavidF Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would have called the company number from his van. I know the companies I have worked for in the past take a VERY dim view of the drivers of their vehicles bringing the company name into a negative light. I know quite a few who received final written warnings ect due to their abuse of company cars/vans.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Photography in public is perfectly legal. You have no recourse on that front.

I never said it wasn't legal to take the photography or that I wanted any recourse. That doesn't stop me being concerned with what he might do with the photograph. Showing it to the police wouldn't bother me but what if he has more nefarious intentions.
    The rest seems to be 50/50.

What is 50/50 about the situation?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DavidF wrote: »
    I would have called the company number from his van. I know the companies I have worked for in the past take a VERY dim view of the drivers of their vehicles bringing the company name into a negative light. I know quite a few who received final written warnings ect due to their abuse of company cars/vans.

I have noted the number on the van but I will wait until speaking with the police tomorrow. Maybe that's what I will do next time although hopefully there won't be a next time. It has made me think about getting a dashcam though.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I never said it wasn't legal to take the photography or that I wanted any recourse. That doesn't stop me being concerned with what he might do with the photograph. Showing it to the police wouldn't bother me but what if he has more nefarious intentions.

What is 50/50 about the situation?

He can do whatever he likes with it. You cannot stop him. He owns it, you don't. End of.

50/50, both of you stopped, turned your engines off and cause inconvenience to other drivers. Frankly both acted like children - ironic given you were next to a school.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I doubt he took them for anything other than trying to pressure you to move.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What were the people behind you doing all this time? Did you ask for witnesses?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    He can do whatever he likes with it. You cannot stop him. He owns it, you don't. End of.

Again, I am not disputing his right to take the photography but that doesn't stop me being concerned. That said there are laws preventing people from doing whatever they like with photographs they have taken. To hammer the point home I am not saying he has done something illegal or intends to do something illegal with the photograph just that I am concerned about his unknown intentions.

50/50, both of you stopped, turned your engines off and cause inconvenience to other drivers. Frankly both acted like children - ironic given you were next to a school.

I had to stop. I couldn't move forward because he was on my side of the road and I couldn't reverse on to a busy main road. Personally I don't see what is childish about stopping until it is safe to move again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    I doubt he took them for anything other than trying to pressure you to move.

You are probably right.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    What were the people behind you doing all this time? Did you ask for witnesses?

Some of the parents were rubber necking but mostly were just hurrying by to get their children to school. I didn't ask for witnesses. I stayed in my car because it felt safer. There weren't any other cars trying to get in or out of the lane.
  • DavidF
    DavidF Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP may I give you a super effective tip if you are on the receiving end of VERBAL road rage. Put on your sweetest smile you can muster and blow a kiss and move on. I am a man and have done this on occasion - It usually leaves me chuckling at the other drivers expense for the rest of the day....with no violence nor retribution either. Trust me that works better than engaging with morons who loose their temper because they are behind a wheel.
    People can be so "different" when they get behind the wheel, Your totally normal mild mannered person can suddenly become an angry monster where they just would not when outside the car. Goodness knows what gets into their heads lol. I seen a good example last year where the shouter aggressive guy was red in the face and literally frothing at the mouth .....when the calm quite motorist got out of his car at the request of the loud guy it was a sight to behold.....Quiet guy was 6ft6" easy and well built angry guy was 5ft odd and when he seen the quiet monster get out of his car the loud mouth got straight back in his locking his doors opening his window a tiny bit before shouting some more expletives and then speeding off lol....Moral of the story loud mouth mad drivers should be careful what they wish for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure