Appen Butler-Hill

Options

Comments

• Catwoman1975
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Wow, you'd been with them a lot longer than the rest of us then too.. The only thing I ever read anywhere is that you're not allowed to miss the metrics 3 times in a 10 week period. Doesn't seem that applies in this market though.

Would be interested to know if you intend to make LF aware of the fact that you worked for Appen, as I haven't heard of any former Appen people trying to get a position at either LF or LB, and am still not sure whether they allow it or not!

Yes I will make them aware. I worked for LB for 2 years before Appen and they were fine with that. As long as you only work for one company at a time you are fine.
  • claire80
    claire80 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Wow, you'd been with them a lot longer than the rest of us then too.. The only thing I ever read anywhere is that you're not allowed to miss the metrics 3 times in a 10 week period. Doesn't seem that applies in this market though.

Would be interested to know if you intend to make LF aware of the fact that you worked for Appen, as I haven't heard of any former Appen people trying to get a position at either LF or LB, and am still not sure whether they allow it or not!

Sorry to butt in . I worked for LB for 2 x 1 year stints then for Appen for a year until my project got canned (they emailed me in dec to say there was a new project for me I applied then they said it was full )...anyway as I couldn't be doing with waiting around I applied for LF and I put that I had previously worked for LB and abh and I started work last week with them.
    Making a change in 2013
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    claire80 wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in . I worked for LB for 2 x 1 year stints then for Appen for a year until my project got canned (they emailed me in dec to say there was a new project for me I applied then they said it was full )...anyway as I couldn't be doing with waiting around I applied for LF and I put that I had previously worked for LB and abh and I started work last week with them.

Thanks for the info. That's good to know. :)

Applied twice to LF around a year ago and was never given a chance to take the exam so don't think I stand much chance with them, but have just created a new Gmail address anyway in case desperate measures are called for in the coming weeks/months! :D
  • oneflewover
    Options
    Bit of advice required. I've got my ABH test next Monday. I've heard a few scare stories about how much stricter they are than the other WSE companies in terms of the quality of your work, so I applied for LF too as a backup (I need to get started ASAP so didn't want to wait). My testing period for them is this Friday to next Friday.

Am I right in saying you can't work for both concurrently? What happens if I do both tests and pass both? If I just never "turned up for work" with one, would that kill any chance of re-taking a test and working for them later (if my contract with the other wasn't renewed)?
  • Cassiopeia01
    Options
    Is anyone else getting any strangely dated tasks?
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit of advice required. I've got my ABH test next Monday. I've heard a few scare stories about how much stricter they are than the other WSE companies in terms of the quality of your work, so I applied for LF too as a backup (I need to get started ASAP so didn't want to wait). My testing period for them is this Friday to next Friday.

Am I right in saying you can't work for both concurrently? What happens if I do both tests and pass both? If I just never "turned up for work" with one, would that kill any chance of re-taking a test and working for them later (if my contract with the other wasn't renewed)?

No specific advice, but yes, I think it was a mistake to apply to both at once. As for working for them concurrently, you're probably not supposed to, but then I'm not sure how either would know considering the clients are different. But as ABH is 20 hours a week, that wouldn't leave you much time to complete LF tasks even if you did pass both. :(
    Is anyone else getting any strangely dated tasks?

If you mean a load of tasks from a certain non-recent date, YES! It's pretty normal to get this sort of thing, especially later in the day. :)

Also very slow loading pages for some reason, which is why I've just had to log out to clear history AGAIN. Oh well, only another hour and a half still to go now - sigh!
  • Cassiopeia01
    Options
    Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me. I thought it was an error so I logged off. I've still got an hour to do too, so off I go :cool:
  • Boycieboy
    Options
    Uh-uh. I got pulled. Ouch!
  • oneflewover
    Options
    Hmm, 24/50 on my exam :( Looks terrible
  • Cassiopeia01
    Options
    Boycieboy wrote: »
    Uh-uh. I got pulled. Ouch!

Me too :( Although, to be honest I'm glad of a break as I've got the lurgy :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback