Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sugar Never Ever is one of my favourite songs. I bet you did brilliantly singing it.

Maman I hope your trip to London goes well. I do love a trip out to somewhere exciting.

Wednesday your healthy eating sounds like it is going well. Keep up the good work.

Lessons pleased all of your hard work fabbing is paying off. What a great incentive.

I have got a new job!!!

I was on a contact for my current role and although I had a few months left, I was contacted about another contract role and got offered the job. Am pleased, as it gives me some breathing space for a couple more months.

The Sainsburys 25% off clothing event has started today. I was up early to order some boots for me and DD, before the stocks went.

I also ordered a Fat Face dress from ebay which recently arrived. It was brand new with tags and was £20. I'm really pleased, as it was a great bargain (would have been double the price from Fat Face). I think I will wear it when I start my new job (along with the boots I have ordered from Sainsburys!!!).
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm not sure about that new trench coat. Hmm. It looks a little unflattering.:( I was wearing it over my pyjamas so I will have to try it on again.

I do like my new biker jacket. It looks good, even with my pyjamas.:rotfl:
    chanie wrote: »
    Sugar Never Ever is one of my favourite songs. I bet you did brilliantly singing it.

I have got a new job!!!

I was on a contact for my current role and although I had a few months left, I was contacted about another contract role and got offered the job. Am pleased, as it gives me some breathing space for a couple more months.

The Sainsburys 25% off clothing event has started today. I was up early to order some boots for me and DD, before the stocks went.

I also ordered a Fat Face dress from ebay which recently arrived. It was brand new with tags and was £20. I'm really pleased, as it was a great bargain (would have been double the price from Fat Face). I think I will wear it when I start my new job (along with the boots I have ordered from Sainsburys!!!).

I like that song too. I was watching a live version of that on YouTube the other day.

I saw Melanie Blatt when I went to see The Prodigy years ago. She was standing next to me in the crowd.:)

Good luck on the new job.:T
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    been really busy lately with RL but still managed moisturiser and perfume if nothing else!
    Just about to give myself a full head to toe pamper while DH is out and I've time to myself.
    Sugarbabe - loving your song choices - No No No is also a fave
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do like my new biker jacket. It looks good, even with my pyjamas.:rotfl:

You'll be OK going to Tesco then!:D

You've got lots of fans on here for your repertoire sugarbaby. I like the Adele song.:D

That sounds exciting chanie. Is this a new contract with the same employer? Any chance of flexible working?:)

Fat Face does some nice stuff but pricey at full cost so well done on your eBay purchase. It's the same with White Stuff. I'd have to really love something in there to pay the full amount. :)

At last I managed to get all the polish off my toes. I'm ashamed at how long I've let my nails grow. It'll be good to get my feet sorted tomorrow and then I must try harder to look after them at home.

I've decided to buy some more Clarins serum when I'm out tomorrow. That being said, I'm really pleased with the condition of my skin using the flaxseed oil so I'm going to use that in future on all days except when I'm in a hurry. It doesn't have the luxurious experience of the Clarins and its slow to soak in but it is good and hugely cheaper. :money:
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman I did ask for flexible working - a 9 day fortnight with 1 day a week from home every other week. Am really pleased. Current role is 1 day a week from home, which has been great.

I noticed House of Fraser were doing 20% off in store. Not sure if it covers Clarins, but its worth checking out if you are near a store.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Chanie congratulations on getting your new job, especially as you have been able to secure flexible working once again. Good luck in your new role :D

Never Ever is one of my favourite songs, but I need to sing it a lot more times before I will really do it justice. :D I learn new songs by singing them at Karaoke and improving with each rendition of a new song. ;) I am never aiming for perfection but a feeling of being comfortable singing a particular song in public. :D For me, Karaoke will always be more about having fun and enjoying singing in public :D

Yesterday I bought £148.47 worth of Sainsbury's grocery shopping online with a £127.50 Nectar e-voucher. :j:D:T I had quite a lot of items in this shop that were on special offer hence the price discrepancy. :D I also got free delivery because I had spent over £100 and I had chosen a delivery slot after 2pm. :D I bought practical items like soap powder, fabric conditioner, 12 x 1st class stamps and 12 x 2nd class stamps with food items, especially treats for Christmas and New Year. :D
  • maman
    Options
    That's interesting sugarbaby. I wasn't aware you could buy stamps with Nectar vouchers. I must look into that. I'm careful about what I buy in Sainsbury's because I'll only purchase things that I can't get/get more cheaply elsewhere. I have £80+ on my card at the moment mainly from PayPal although I did get some more points buying my train ticket for tomorrow online.

Glad you've still got some flexible working chanie. I know you missed that when you changed jobs originally. I checked out House of Fraser (We don't have one locally but I could have gone there tomorrow). Unfortunately, there are only limited things in the sale and Clarins isn't one of them:(. My plan is to talk to the consultants in either John Lewis or Debenhams (as they have better beauty counters) but purchase the serum in Boots because I'll get points on the Advantage card there. A bit like Sainsbury's, the card is very good provided you're careful what you buy because many toiletries and OTC medications are cheaper elsewhere. :money:

My podiatry appointment is lunchtime and then I plan to spend an hour or so in the city centre buying my serum and having a general browse to see what's about. :)
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Maman, you may be misunderstanding me. I did not change my Nectar points for Sainsbury's double up vouchers. I changed my Nectar points online for an e-voucher to use on my Sainsbury's grocery shopping, as I had previously linked my Nectar card for collecting points from my Sainsbury's online grocery shopping and I had also linked my Nectar card to spend points on my Sainsbury's online grocery shopping.

I never normally do my online grocery shopping with Sainsbury's, but it was great to get such a big shop for no cash outlay. :D Thanks to my eBay shopping I am always collecting the usual and bonus Nectar points. :D

I used to prefer to use my Nectar points to buy Summer Rewards vouchers for free cinema vouchers and free Pizza Express vouchers until they stopped this promotion last year.
  • maman
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up sugarbaby. So an evoucher is the way of using your points to shop online. I've never done the double up either although Martin has a note abut it on here. I suppose it depends if they do them for anything I'd want.

Really enjoyed getting my feet done. It always feels like walking on air afterwards. Good timing too as I'll be on my feet a lot tomorrow. I've made another appointment for just before Christmas. I don't usually book ahead but it's been difficult to get appointments lately. I did notice that an independent podiatrist has opened near me so I might check that out too although at the moment I have two treatments left at Shuropody because I bought a package.

I went into Boots for the serum and they had Clarins Christmas Gift Sets. The whole set was the same price as the serum on its own. Unfortunately they didn't have the larger size (much better value) in stock so I've just ordered it click and collect online. This means I'll get a make up bag (usually send these to the CS) and a cleanser and lip oil as freebies. :)

I had a quick look in Peacocks and they had a really lovely 'teddy bear' coat.

https://www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-short-faux-fur-hooded-2c1a45.html

It looks better in RL than in the picture and it's beautifully lined and has a hood. I was very tempted but ideally I'd want something a bit longer so no hurry I need to look around. :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I really don't like the black trench coat I bought from M&S.:mad:

I am going to donate it.:( I do like the biker jacket, however. I have such a problem with jackets and coats fitting me.

I like the satin pyjama top but the pyjama bottoms are so big. I am swimming in them. I am totally mismatched on my top and bottom half.:cry: I was actually laughing when I looked in the mirror as it looked like I was in Charlie Chaplin trousers or something from the circus.:rotfl:

I did like the berry perfume I bought from Superdrug the other day.:A

I was thinking that I have nothing coming up socially for a few weeks now. I might start exercising after my antibiotics end in a couple of days. I'm feeling a lot better now, thankfully.

I may go out on Friday to drop off the charity shop donation and then maybe look around the chazzers for a few jumpers as it has turned chiller here now.:)

maman wrote: »

I had a quick look in Peacocks and they had a really lovely 'teddy bear' coat.

https://www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-short-faux-fur-hooded-2c1a45.html

It looks better in RL than in the picture and it's beautifully lined and has a hood. I was very tempted but ideally I'd want something a bit longer so no hurry I need to look around. :)

I think that is cute, but wow it would not suit my particular body shape!:eek:
    Yesterday I bought £148.47 worth of Sainsbury's grocery shopping online with a £127.50 Nectar e-voucher. :j:D:T I had quite a lot of items in this shop that were on special offer hence the price discrepancy. :D I also got free delivery because I had spent over £100 and I had chosen a delivery slot after 2pm. :D I bought practical items like soap powder, fabric conditioner, 12 x 1st class stamps and 12 x 2nd class stamps with food items, especially treats for Christmas and New Year. :D

Amazing!:T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport