Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Options

Comments

• Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2019 at 12:46PM
    Options
    I'm now moving to So for gas from Ebico/Robin Hood energy. As a low user , Ebico did once offer the cheapest option and no standing charge but now (even with no standing charge for RHE) online comparisons make So close enough in terms of estimated annual cost, as the Ebico unit charge is nearly double that of So . Also having had my combi boiler fixed recently I am tending to use it more though still a relatively low user..
    But for me , So Energy is still quite expensive for electricity compared to other suppliers so won't be switching to So for that.
  • hawkwind
    hawkwind Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If so energy bring out a better tariff than you sign up for is it easy to switch to the new tariff without penalty.
  • dollyponduk
    Options
    Do so energy make you have a smart meter? I've been with eon for years but their only good deal forced a smart meter and I do not want one. Thanks
  • Patr100
    Options
    Do so energy make you have a smart meter? I've been with eon for years but their only good deal forced a smart meter and I do not want one. Thanks

No.

--
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Hello dollyponduk,

There is no mandatory requirement for any of our customers to have smart meters. We only have one fixed rate tariff at any given time therefore regardless of what meter you have you get the same tariff as any other customer signing up or renewing with So Energy.

Regards
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Patr100
    Options
    So_Energy wrote: »
    Hello dollyponduk,

There is no mandatory requirement for any of our customers to have smart meters. We only have one fixed rate tariff at any given time therefore regardless of what meter you have you get the same tariff as any other customer signing up or renewing with So Energy.

Regards
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team

Is this as stated on your website still the case? What timescale are you at for the infrastructure to be completed?
    Can I get a smart meter?
    Unfortunately, we're not yet installing Smart meters for our customers. The infrastructure for Smart meters is currently being implemented and believe our customers will be better served if we wait until this has been fully completed.

We're very excited about Smart meters and if you're keen on being one of our first customers to get hold of one of these then subscribe to our newsletter, so we can keep you informed as and when we start installing them.

https://www.so.energy/so/help-and-advice/faq/your-meter/what-is-a-smart-meter-and-can-i-get-one
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Patr100 wrote: »
    Is this as stated on your website still the case? What timescale are you at for the infrastructure to be completed?

https://www.so.energy/so/help-and-advice/faq/your-meter/what-is-a-smart-meter-and-can-i-get-one

Hello Patr100,

Currently we don't have a confirmed date of when we will be rolling out smart meters. We are anticipating our roll out to commence towards the end of 2019. If you are an existing customer we will be in touch via email to inform you.

Regards
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dollyponduk
    Options
    Hi Patr100,
    I was only asking as I do not want a smart meter and eon are insisting I agree to one in order to chose their cheapest tariff.
    Many thanks
  • Pdubya
    Pdubya Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 20 April 2019 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Just signed up for a fourth year with So Energy. .After doing my annual comparison with the club and dismissing slightly cheaper companies with little or poor feedback So Energy came out on top again.. I have never had an issue at all, Billing is spot on ( I send a monthly reading and check against my own calculations). If anything they slightly over estimate the annual cost which results in a reduction of my direct debit after a few months.
    Highly recommended.
  • dollyponduk
    dollyponduk Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switched from eon to So Energy and my supply changed today. It was super easy to do and I am happy to escape eon as they have annoyed me so much. For the last two years I received their recommended new tariff letter after they withdrew the best new tariff and they were trying to force me into an unwanted smart meter in order to get a cheap tariff. Goodbye to eon :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback