PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Manic Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Clean floors
    Level Two
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Clean cupboard door fronts and the kick boards
    Level Three
    Sort the utensils.. half melted spatulas are not necessary!
    HHI.. then wash the ironing board cover!
    Dust any extra furniture in dining room, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Clean oven - because I know it wasn't on the list last week

Extra Mission
    Choose one or more of:

• Wipe out the fridge, make sure the drain is clear
    • Wipe over little appliances, wipe under them before putting them back
    • Wipe window sills, clean any marks off windows if required
    • Wipe the front of large appliances

Morning everyone. Up at a reasonable time as DH is working from home and he lets me lay in as it's one of my days off from work. Unfortunately the cats didn't get that memo..:rotfl:

Didn't think I had done that much but after realising I had done some bits automatically it turned out to be a fair bit I could delete from the list.

Going to brave putting the washing on the line in a bit..luckily it's lightweights so should dry.

I can feel the old BD trying to get through but I'm fending him off as best I can. Plenty of sticks are being thrown to occupy him.

Mr and Mrs Dove are looking very forlorn as the horrible developers, at the back of me, have taken down my tree that was just outside my boundary. Sadly it was where Mr and Mrs Dove sat all day and went to sleep in. They even nested there occasionally. Now they think.its out fault so seem to be boycotting our lovely food for them. Funnily enough I haven't heard my magpie since the tree went down on Saturday.

Kaz I read your post yesterday where you mentioned your strike last year.. I did have a wee giggle as I remember that well. I still don't know, to this day, how you didn't give in. But did it work or are they lapsing back into old ways.?

Has anyone seen Piggers? I know she was going away but unlike her not to post on the first listy day.
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all. I've got a load of washing out on the line in the hope it will dry. Had a pretty good sleep last night but still feel really tired and achy after yesterday's tip runs. Definitely getting old!

My black dog is quite small, a chihuahua really, but it's nipping round my ankles.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Must be 'anxiety monday' I'm really struggling today. And I'm working away, which isn't helping as my support networks are only virtual at the moment.

Flying is going to look different this week as I'm in hotels all week.

But I have paid the deposit for the woodworm treatment and contacted the surveyor with some out standing questions.

Updated the decorator on where we are up to (we had booked her in to decorate our bedroom but the dining room needs to take priority now.

As I did my first ever tax return at the weekend I now know what info I really need (mostly my work mileage ) so will start gathering this for the current tax year. Work reimburse me at 40p a mile, hmrc rate is 45p per mile so I can claim tax relief of 5p for every mile I drive.

Right. Off to work.

Appreciate some sticks being thrown for my bd please.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Beautiful sunny day here but as I am at work later I have put the washing through the TD

Off piste list

Strip and remake DS's bed
    Fill WM with bedding
    Empty DW
    Empty maiden and iron
    Pack up stuff for CS
    Pack up eBay sales

Better get up and get showered
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some times I have to do a reminder of my strike, but now a days, the house is fairily decluttered, so anything that gets left sticks out like a sore thumb.......

Thank you for all the lists.

So far
    WM x 2 on
    Bed stripped and remade
    20 mins on my walking machine done (Slinky is back on here......I will bore you all on a Monday with the previous weeks weight loss, it will keep me on track I hope, so far 12 lbs gone since mid Dec) \I failed misberaly last year.
    I have membership of the Natinoal Trust for my birthday from OH, don't think I have ever had membership of anything national before, so off to find out what I / we can use it for.
    Hoovered downstairs
    Bleached toilets
    Cleaned kitchen sink
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gosh, I've been busy throwing sticks at all your BDs.

Have also just managed to get the recycling out as the bin men drove round the corner, changed the bedding which is now in the WM, washed up, prepped for craft group later and dusted dusty bits in DR.

Just having a cuppa then I'll walk the dogs, prep for school presentation today and hoover/ sweep/mop through.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    I'm in as far as I can be, so thanks for the list.

Can't really do anything in the kitchen today as the OH is working from home and likes to work in the kitchen.

Have S&S the bathrooms, Ruby2 (robot) is cleaning master bedroom, DD2 and landing carpets. 1 x WM on.

Cleared out some off bottles of lotions from the dressing table and am working to use the last of nearly finished bottles rather than using newer ones.

Will aim to do today's list alongside tomorrow's.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Natty for this weeks list. I'm in as much as I can be although it's another busy work week.

WM is on and The Robot has just started hoovering the Snug so something achieved at least. The kitchen would look better if I just put the DW so will do that on my lunch break shortly.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My flying has stopped for the day as I'm just having a snack and will then be out until about 6. Only task on my list not done is mopping.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Hi everyone..Thanks for the lists.. and the motivation.

Well.. Today started on a wonky note.. cat yack on the landing on my blooming new carpet :eek: Cleaned up as best as, will need a stain remover..
    Broken glass (luckily just a piece broke off so no clear up!) wrapped and binned.
    Decided to get out and take the car load from yesterday to the tip.
    Food bank donation dropped off, picked up a couple of items from the shop while there.
    Washing out on line.
    Washed hair.
    Gas man came to check naughty boiler, 2 buttons in and boom it bleedy works! Still it does need a service and a new pipe fitting (will be booked in asap)
    Made sausage and egg sarny for DS2.
    Majority of washing picked in and straight into airing cupboard.
    Currently watching the 1st 2 episodes of True Detective.. very good! (Oops have munched 8 Chocs:eek:)
    Will go take a look at the list and see what I can get done..:A
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts