Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• llay101
    Options
    Hi, has anyone had any problems with swalec/sse?

I am waiting for myfirst FIT payment, i gave them the reading on sept 1st and was told i would be paid within 28 days.

Still waiting
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So, does this system actually promote incompetence an order to encourage 'customers' to look elsewhere?

I suspect that is a good summary. There is no way the FIT payment delays would have been allowed to occur with the payments in the other direction, for electricity and gas usage - temporary staff would have been drafted in, managers would have been fired. With FITs, who cares if there is a delay?

All the more reason to use these forums to "name and shame". If senior management see their name being dragged through the dirt then maybe they'll do something about it.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • SSE_2
    SSE_2 Posts: 8 Organisation Representative
    Options
    llay101 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone had any problems with swalec/sse?

I am waiting for myfirst FIT payment, i gave them the reading on sept 1st and was told i would be paid within 28 days.

Still waiting

Hello llay101, sorry to hear that your payment hasn't been received yet. I would be happy to look into this matter for you to ensure you get this as quickly as possible, if you would like to email me at the address on our profile page with the details.

Many thanks, Holly.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of SSE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • llay101
    llay101 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello llay101, sorry to hear that your payment hasn't been received yet. I would be happy to look into this matter for you to ensure you get this as quickly as possible, if you would like to email me at the address on our profile page with the details.

Many thanks, Holly.

Thanks for your reply Holly, I don't know if I am being thick but I can't find a way of contacting you from your profile page.

Can you help me find it please?

thanks

Jason
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Holly, I don't know if I am being thick but I can't find a way of contacting you from your profile page.

thanks

Jason
    I don't think you're being thick; I can't see it either. :(
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • SSE_2
    Options

thanks

Jason

Hello, sorry about that. Our email address should be on there now.

Thanks, Holly.
    I am the official company representative of SSE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • llay101
    llay101 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, sorry about that. Our email address should be on there now.

Thanks, Holly.

thanks for repying Holly but My cheque turned up yesterday!

Yay!
    :j:j
  • SSE_2
    Options
    thanks for repying Holly but My cheque turned up yesterday!

Yay!
    :j:j

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know.

Any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks, Holly.
  • srbuck
    srbuck Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2012 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Nothing but problems with British Gas so far. I am still awaiting my last payment - was due within 30 days, but now we're at 45 and still counting. Not the first time this has happened, either.

Go round in circles when i try to email them, and achieve very little, so have given up.

Tried to call the number I was given for their FIT team - 01618554638 - but always just get a recorded message saying the office is now closed, whatever time of day I call!

Incidentally, why do they pay by cheque in this day and age? It would save them and us time and money if they paid direct to our bank accounts. It is, after all, the way they ask us to pay them...
  • srbuck
    srbuck Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    PS Just reading the above messages, sounds like EDF have got it about right.

Shame on you British Gas - out done by the French!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback