Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• TailSpin_2
    Options
    Wow! EDF!

Emailled reading yesterday at 5pm, payment notice received today at 4 pm, in the bank by Friday.

How impressive is that??:j
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Heads Up .....

Our total generation meter reading was phoned through to Scottish Power today and I was told that the payment would be in the account in November, if so it looks like they're looking at holding onto cash for longer than has been the case in the past .... when queried, the agent used almost every excuse in the book, from high workload to SP being better at paying than others, to 'it's government money' whatever that means - Not being one to let it pass, I think that he now appreciates that a little more forethought should be used before conveying porkies in the future ... ;):D

I'll let everyone know if this is the case when the payment enters the account ....

Naughty, naughty, naughty Mr Scottish Power :naughty: ..... Tut tut ...

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 807 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zeupater wrote: »
    Our total generation meter reading was phoned through to Scottish Power today and I was told that the payment would be in the account in November....

I did wonder who'd be next in line for the flame now e.on and EDF have become little angels.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    orrery wrote: »
    I did wonder who'd be next in line for the flame now e.on and EDF have become little angels.
    Hi

I've always supported SP's policy of prompt payment ... if they decide to reduce their service levels for monetary gain then it's a business decision which they have made and it's only correct that people should be aware of the change ...

If other suppliers have improved their performance to meet that of Scottish Power, then surely it's up to Scottish Power to make every effort to maintain the excellent service which they have provided to date, not simply realise that a marketing advantage has passed and attempt to maximise profits through cashflow management .... :)

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • janz70
    janz70 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I've just had a 4KW solaredge system fitted and sent off the FIT paperwork today to scottish power so fingers crossed they wont be to long :j
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    janz70 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've just had a 4KW solaredge system fitted and sent off the FIT paperwork today to scottish power so fingers crossed they wont be to long :j
    That's the same inverter that I have. Any special reason for choosing it? Shading problems? Split system? Have fun!
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Earlier today got a phonecall from EDF in reply to my chaser e-mails asking why they've paid my main account, but seemingly ignored the recent small extension.

Apparently my reading of 295 (last few days of July to 20 September) was thrown up as an anomaly as it was only 39% of expected. Nice to know they don't just look for over claims, but 'unders' too.

Mart.

1. Had a chat with EDF about the above, turns out it's a bit of a strange anomaly given shortened period, orientation, part months etc etc. So problem solved.

2. I said a big 'well done' from all of us, for the extraordinary speed in paying this quarter - slight problem - isn't there always?

Turns out, that due to backlogs with registering new systems, and customers waiting 6+ months for first payments, they got permission to push payments through manually as fast as they could. Hence why this quarter has been so impressive.

The lady I spoke to was lovely, and very helpful, and whilst EDF want to improve their customer service, they won't necessarily be doing this work manually next quarter. But they will take into account customer feedback and appreciate that positive comments on this (and other) forums can improve their customer base.

So, sadly, look on this quarter as 'a lucky' and just keep fingers crossed that future payments will be as good or better than previous quarters, but possibly not as good as this one. Oh well!

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    So, sadly, look on this quarter as 'a lucky' and just keep fingers crossed that future payments will be as good or better than previous quarters, but possibly not as good as this one. Oh well!

So next quarter it will probably be back to the ~4week payout time? I thought it was too good to be true! Well maybe we should all write an email to the Green Team to say well done and we look forward to prompt payments in future.

Thanks for the update Mart.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Studlea_Phatt_Katt
    Options
    Phoned in our reading to Eon today; no real delay getting through, told to expect payment in 5 working days. That'll do me.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    Although the FITs are established in law, rather than coming from the government, the tariffs are actually paid by the energy suppliers.
    This comes as a revelation to me because SSE sent me something including the phrase 'thank you for choosing SSE for your FiT payments' or something along those lines. As they have sent me only one cheque in the 7+ months since installing the system, I came on here looking for an alternative, to punish them.
    So, does this system actually promote incompetence an order to encourage 'customers' to look elsewhere?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback