New router - printer not working

Options

Comments

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Have you used the user/password on the back/under the router
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • HarryS
    HarryS Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, debitcardmayhem, that's the ones I used
  • HarryS
    Options
    I managed to get in!! Don't ask me how! I checked the settings and all seem okay

I now have a fixed orange light on the printer - no longer flashing, but when I go to print it doesn't work. When I look at the printer queue it says printer offline. The ink check is still showing grey

Many thanks
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Delete all instances of your printer.

Run the setup utility for your printer and choose the option to setup a WiFi printer.

Follow the instructions, which will probably include plugging it in via USB.

At the end the printer should be setup and connected to your new WiFi.
  • HarryS
    Options
    DoaM, I have tried all of that.
    The correct router is showing on my computer but there seems a communication problem to the wireless
    A local engineer is quoting me £30-£40 to fix it but I really cannot afford that. The whole reason for changing was to save money.
    Thanks for your advise
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    HarryS wrote: »
    I am sorry but I do not understand what SSID is - I am afraid I know very little
    Service Set Identifier - the name by which your wireless network is known.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    (PS. I hate printers too)...Another try at WPS...1). turn off your printer.... 2). Hold the Wifi key and power at the same time, it will now power on. 3). now the wifi light should start flashing... 4). press the wps key on your router and wait 2-5 minutes 5). If you see two solid lights, green and orange then you have connection. 6). press the wifi key 1 time. 7). now your printer should work ( maybe requiring a restart ).

PS2. what's your general location - you never know, somebody here may be able to come and help.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • HarryS
    Options
    Thanks Grumpycrab, it really is doing my poor 60 year old head in!!

I will follow your instructions, in a controlled and calm manner, just one question - when I press the WPS button, do I hold for 2 - 5 minutes or just press it once. I do hope it is the latter!

Really appreciate the help. I am in Horley, Surrey
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    HarryS wrote: »
    Thanks Grumpycrab, it really is doing my poor 60 year old head in!!

I will follow your instructions, in a controlled and calm manner, just one question - when I press the WPS button, do I hold for 2 - 5 minutes or just press it once. I do hope it is the latter!

Really appreciate the help. I am in Horley, Surrey
    Power on printer then Just press once and wait 2-5 minutes
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Not sure (try both ways!); PS I'm going to Gatwick in 2 weeks time if you're still stuck!
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure