What is the best Broadband deal?????

Options

Comments

• Quiet_One
    Quiet_One Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look at https://www.firenet.uk.net Well reviewed and £20pm unlimited 512 with introductory discounts.
    £9.99 pm for first 3 months and no ties reverting to £19.99 pm thereafter for 512 or £18.49 pm for 250.
    ISP received recent Which? award with special mention of tech support who are real people!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Swattie
    Swattie Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm with plus.net - I think their packages start at around £14.99 pm.

Also their customer services and technical help lines
    are 0845 numbers unlike many providers which are premium rate which I find reassuring.

I've been with them for around 2.5 yrs - first with dial up and recently with broadband and no complaints.
  • bunnyears
    Options
    I am on NTL for about 18 months. The first 8 months nothing but trouble kept going off turned out to be the wrong contection used in the house and the terminals in the box outside werent tight enough so arking in the box. That was sorted out with a 2 month discount after asking for 3. Now we have had 4 days of 10mins on and then hours off, proberly because thay have increased the speed to everyone. So for £17.99 per month it can be touch and go, but on the whole go. ::)
  • ZAP
    ZAP Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm....
    NTLs £18 package used to be 150k didn't it? Now it says 300k on the website so exisiting customers should get their speeds upgraded but I don't see a single difference in surfing or downloading. >:(
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Blimp_2
    Blimp_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    your area may have not been upgraded yet. There doing it in stages. They have a postcode checker that tells you when you will be upgraded at: http://www.ntlworld.com/speedupgrade

The only thing is its not very accurate my postcode says it will be upgraded in september but I got my upgrade on the 1st August.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • jertzy
    jertzy Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with V21 for a few years now with no problems, their broadband is 512k, £19.99 a mnth & unlimited downloads.  ;D

..and there is no annual contract so you aint tied to them.

http://portal.v21.co.uk/index.asp?htype=4&exec=adsl&adsl=pkg&pkg=home
    Jertzy x :D
  • billyjojimbob
    Options
    I've been with Tiscali for about 5 months now.

No problems at all.

150 Kbs

£14.99/month
  • advantage_card
    Options
    i am currently on bt yahoo dialup and am getting a new computer shorly and we will then upgrade to broadband.

my dad is kind of insisting we stick to bt but i was wondering if that is the best deal for me? i have heard horror stories about tiscali, and no cable here so cant have ntl or telewest.

my main reasons for needing broadband is so i dont have to keep worrying about goign over a fixed amount of hours as i currently do and because i go on a lot of forusm i want it to be speedy so i can do lots more posts instead of having to psot limited amounts due to slow dialup.

anyway hopefully we will get it sorted soon.
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • bilbo_2
    bilbo_2 Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    DO NOT GO WITH TISCALI

I REPEAT DO NOT GO WITH TISCALI

BULLDOG BROADBAND IS VERY GOOD I HAVE THE 2MB AT 29.99
  • damski_2
    damski_2 Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    i am a very happy 2jump.gif plusnet customer

have a look at