How much is 'enough' for a single pensioner?

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Parsimonia wrote: »
    :(:(:( Yes, you were right...

It gives me no pleasure at all to be correct on this occasion Parsimonia - you are clearly a caring person who only wants to be helpful.

But this problem belongs to your mother in law; only she can solve it - and she lacks the will to do so. You have done your best to show her the way forward, and you have told those involved about the situation - you can back off with a clear conscience.

I think I might have one last heart to heart with her explaining how you (and other people) view her actions, and that you would be willing to help her deal honestly and ethically with the situation - but it's her problem and you are not willing to condone or support dishonesty

Best wishes
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    How's things going re the spendaholic MIL?

Is she currently in retreat in her man cave (aka boudoir in her case) plotting her next spending spree or has any daylight dawned on her yet (some hopes...but still...)?

Or, more to the point, have you washed your hands of and decided to let her stew?
  • Parsimonia
    Options
    I actually haven't seen her since the bank fiasco. I thought I'd take a step back and see how she responds. Hubby took her grocery shopping today and I understand it was uneventful (no drama) so perhaps my intervention has been inadvertently inflaming things. She's quite competitive and combative with other women so it's a possibility...
    Save £12k in 2014 - No. 153 - £1900/£9000

January NSD Challenge - 19/21 under target :(
    February NSD Challenge - 22/20 - over target :D
    March NSD Challenge - 19/14 - over target :D
    April NSD Challenge - 0/16
    YTD NSDs = 60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income