Add your feedback on energy supplier Places for People Energy

Options

Comments

• acalex
    acalex Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Bad experience before it even started! Meaning that tried to switch, then could not log into my account, then got no answer to 2 emails, then took 16 minutes to get through to the call centre!!
    Would you really want to have a supplier like that? No, neither would I.......
  • shariffbristol
    Options
    I switched over to PFP Energy because they worked out cheaper than my current supplier. I received my Welcome letter which clearly showed the tariff and discounts that I would be receiving. They also called me to explain that my bills would be cheaper again if I went to paperless billing. I was surprised when I received my first bill and checked the charges, that the tariff was more expensive and that the discounts detailed on my welcome letter were a lot less than given on my bill. I wasn't given any notice of a change and was very surprised that everything agreed in the Welcome letter was different to what was being charged on my first bill. When I called customer service, they said that there must have been a mistake and that they can change tariff at any time they liked. Complete Scam to attract customers and misrepresentation of service. Check your welcome letter against your bill to make sure they havent done the same to you.
  • davidsuffolk
    davidsuffolk Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checked mine and the bill is the same as the welcome letter. I did have cause to send an email and got a "we will reply within 5 working days". 7 now without an answer so that part disappointing.
  • davidsuffolk
    Options
    Just to update, my email to them & automatically replied to 31st March still not answered.

Disappointing as up to then they had been very good.
  • P2TKL
    P2TKL Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Anymore feedback on this company please ? I am thinking of changing my 87 year old mothers supplier to PFP and the last thing I need is poor customer service. Thanks
  • davidsuffolk
    davidsuffolk Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2016 at 10:35AM
    Options
    On the plus side, their transfer was perfect and the website, once you register is very simple with everything easy to follow. All meter readings and bills show as well as the tariff and any correspondence.
    Meter reads get accepted online (unlike BG who I was with before) and appear on your account quite quickly.
    On the downside I was asked for 5 meter reads in a very short period (seems like they ask monthly and bill same which many might prefer) and a very simple email query sent on 31st March still hasn't been answered so not so sure that the CS is as good as I had hoped. I haven't tried phoning so can't comment on that.

Not had any actual problems so I would still switch to them but their lack of reply is poor. Maybe try their phone & see how quickly they answer? 01772 897 355
  • Miss_Bella
    Options
    I switched to PfP from ExtraEnergy today, and the process was so easy and quick. All was done online and I got the welcome letter with energy tariffs in no time. So far, I don't need support via email. But I always call a company if I wanted support right there and then. So I called them (in order to check how quickly they answered my call). And I got through pretty quickly, and the reps (I called twice just to make sure) were very friendly and helpful.

So far so good. Rest assured.
  • davidsuffolk
    Options
    For those interested, I did finally get a reply to an email, sent 31st March, today 21st April; 15 working days later.
    Hope the rest of their CS is better than that.
  • 2005michaelwestham
    2005michaelwestham Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 June 2016 at 11:56PM
    Options
    I applied for Places For People (through a collective switch ) as my energy supplier on 17-02-2016, On 5-03-2016 I received a welcome letter from PFP asking for my first meter readings, On the 10-03-2016 I was informed that Places For People had taken over as my gas and electric supplier, All in all a painless process , which is more than I can say about my dealings with some of the bigger suppliers in the past . I was concerned because PFP are a new, smaller supplier but my concerns have turned out to be unfounded. I think they try harder because they know they are up against household names but these household names are typically large businesses that seem to think you have to use them, well you don't ! PFP also save you loads of money on your energy bills and then use any profits they make to the benefit of local communities in the form of sports facilities for kids and people funding their first homes. This means we all win. I have been with PFP for nearly two months now and would heartily recommend them. If you need any questions answered they usually reply the day after you e-mail them. You can of course telephone them, I haven't phoned them so I cannot comment on this part of their service, If they can do all this and still pay their directors fat salaries then more power to their elbow!
    Don't dither, join up and save some money!
  • Dubswa
    Dubswa Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 June 2016 at 10:56PM
    Options
    Avoid Avoid

People are paying too much attention to price comparison sites and not enough to price per kwh. British Gas have deals all the time that are as low as 7 pence per kwh and with a standing charge for 12 pence per day.

You wait until you have equipment issues, my advice is stick with suppliers that employ their own engineers and simply get the best deals by looking at what every 12 months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback