Bank-smart now charging me!

Options

Comments

• billcobee
    Options
    hi,maureen,do what i did and report them to the fraud sqaud.they are very helpfull and they are aware of them,they told me they are sure they are pure scammers.ask banksmart to provide you with written proof of the work that they have done and from the company they have been chasing ppi for,youll most likely find they cant provide either.dont worry about them
  • MaureenB30
    MaureenB30 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 25 May 2013 at 1:22PM
    Options
    Thank you for replying Bill.
  • Leanne.whitfield
    Options
    Hello,
    I have also had problems with bank smart. I engaged them in 2006 hoping to get back some overdraft charges back. However after years of waiting all I got was a letter saying that I owed them £99 + VAT as I didn't have a no win no fee claim with them. I seemed legal advice and held off bank smart for a few months however it seemed I did owe them
    This money so I paid in it in 2011 and hoped that was the last of it. Now today 2 years down the line I received another letter asking for a further £25. Of outstanding charges in respect if the claim Halifax personal account. I do not understand how this is so as I paid everything they asked of me in 2011? Is it a scam or shall I pay them again? Will this carry on year after year. I sincerely wish I never heard of Bank Smart
    Leanne.whitfield
  • leeverton
    leeverton Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 August 2013 at 8:32AM
    Options
    i am at my wits end with bank-smart. I was contacted originally by telephone and told that the service was no win no fee and now they tell me that is not the case as they are charging me 25% plus vat. i don't recall ever signing any terms and conditions agreement. The first documents i received were LOA's of banks and cards they had found out i had over the years.

I also received duplicate and triplicate documents despite returning the first set. I believe they are doing it to charge me for copies. The refuse to telephone me as i have a number of queries that are better explained over the phone. I have sent many many e-mails to their support e-mail address which you are advised to use but have only ever received around 2 replies.

I made an official compliant and that was a waste of time as they surprisingly overruled my compliant. Strangely the only mailbox that will reply is the complaints section. They refuse to do anything i ask or request. I told them that after such a long time begging for someone to contact me i had had enough and wanted to cancel my claims. They sent me an e-mail threatening to bankrupt me.

It was the worst day of my life te day they contacted me.
    leeverton
  • ReadingFC
    ReadingFC Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hello it's me again. Just checking in to say still nothing from Bank Smart after ignoring their demands. I haven't even heard anything in a while now. Please don't let them trick you into paying a penny.
  • kazzie83
    Options
    Hi everybody

I too have fell victim to this - about 2 years ago i got a letter saying i was owed around £900. They originally contacted me in July 2012 stating that it was probable that i was owed compensation from mis-sold PPI. Since they contacted me with my personal details, i was under the impression that they worked with the bank at which i aquired the original loan and so allowed them to do the claim. There was no mention of any charges.

As they keep asking me to sign more documents for viewing my credit fille, authorising to look at my bank accounts etc I decided it was a little too invasive and asked to cancel. They have now issued me with a list of charges in which i wasnt warned about in the first instance. Over £300+VAT

I am really worried about this as we cannot afford to pay these charges and i feel i have been mislead into allowing them to pursue this.

Please help i dont know what to do :(:(
  • Horseygirl123
    Options
    Does anybody have any up to date information about this company.

I foolishly authorised them to claim back ppi on various companies on my behalf back in 2012. I sent off my credit report with all loans/credit cards listed and haven't heard back from them until this week.

They have asked me to sign 13 third party authorisation forms but now I don't know what to do after reading about their exorbitant charges.

Am I better off letting them try to claim ppi or cancelling the agreement.

Thanks for any advice.
  • chester19760
    Options
    hi does anybody still have bother with these? Ive been trying to contact them but no telephone number? I must of contacted them years ago foolishly to reclaim ppi and they are billing me for nearly 200 quid. They constantly write to me asking for more bank details info etc but since I 1st set it up ive never contacted them except to email asking to cancel. they have won me money back but as ive never been billed and im sure years ago it was all done for free ive done it myself so I cant imagine id have signed up for something that would've took my money
  • GJ1976
    Options
    I have had problems too, took all of one of my claims refund plus costs, so I ended up in their debt. Now trying to charge me £2500 for a claim!

Just phoned the fraud people, they told me to ignore them as everything I told them about the company sounds like a scan, i have a crime number and have been advised to ignore them. Everyone who is having problems with bank smart please please please call the fraud line, together we will stop their scam 0300 123 2040.
  • chester19760
    Options
    I've just had a letter from MIL collections asking for money that I owe from bank smart, I foolishly signed up in 2009 and after reading up on here knew they were scammers, tried to cancel in 2010 but were told id be charged 250 quid if I cancelled so I ignored the 10 plus letters I had every week asking for more details etc. These people have no telephone number and regulate only through email. I refuse to pay money for something I cannot talk about with the provider but the debt collector letter is a little scary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback