Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    edited 24 December 2013 at 2:30AM
    Options
    challenges for next year for me:
    buy plain cards and envelopes cheaply and chop and stick from cards we've received this year, will be good for ds too (he'll be 2.5 yrs then). Also only do cards to send by post, giving them to people we actually see on xmas is a waste, may do charity donation instead.

Pick up gifts when I see them but not go overboard

Do a charity shop challenge for presents: set budget with family members then you can only buy in charity shops or make it yourself

This year- save as much wrapping paper and cards as possible!

I love those ideas, there brilliant and sure ds will love helping make cards, Miss Hoodie (DD), she loves the cards and cutting them up for tags, had her well trained from a young age!

--
    had to raid my spare present stash, a friend and said I've missed your dad (goes walkies with the dog), been trying to catch him to give him your xmas presents... (theres mum and 3 kids), - so mad rush tonight to see what i could do.

pulled a miracle
    Mum - Mix and match gift set of cupcake shower gel, bath bomb, lip balm and love heart tissues - little gift spices, olive oil and harrasa paste.
    DS1 - Fcuk set
    DS2 - Football pjs and sweets
    DS3 - bubble gum box and sweets

I've got the 4 presents in for under £10. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

So we are just using this thread now, is this right?

I just wrapped some last moment pressies and realised I have missed someone out, this is because normally we stopped exchanging gifts at Christmas so never put it on my list - ex's mum who is now in care home.

No, mum2one, I didn't take your advice of spare pressie :(

well done on sorting those extra people out.

I am not available to go to any shops today unless I make a drastic change to my usual Christmas Eve, maybe I'll have to do that or else DS1 to get something, think he's meeting his mates at night - but will he remember that is the question!!!

Hi Flamingo, re your cards idea. What I found interesting one year is to buy some really cheap ordinary Xmas cards - or use the ones from various packs I had but didn't like and embellish them with cut outs, stickers etc
  • susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    Went to lidl and got half price turkey crown so im happy

well done mum2one on those presents

I have a few spare in case, keeping them as seem to have too many. DS is working til later and then having a meal at the girlfriends

DD is coming up 27th !! kids......

Its quiet this year usually have 30-40 to a party but as i havent been well im not doing one this year, going to SIL instead which is nice.

Also booked a panto...be odd with 6 adults but who cares ...

Having new years day out too for a meal. Usually cook another xmas dinner but have changed it to the 30th this year for DD

Hope everyone has some bargains in the sales, i`ll be doing my annual trek to boots. And costas ....

Everyone have a great xmas and see you soon

ps mrs moneypenny, I finished the stocking , lots of faults but DH loves it, he knows i cant sew. I`ll get a photo
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi Angela - all here now, started a bit earlier this time as were on the done for this yr, and getting ready for next.

Susan - that was a good bargain, nipped to Asda and got some reduced veg - down to 10p a pack gone in freezer.

Had a nightmare with M+S, waited in all day yesterday for a delievery - never arrived, - was due yesterday but they split the parcel, 1st delievery arrived sat, - important bits were in box 2. Cut a long story short, M+S dropped a number off the address and dropped it off at a strangers - who bless them asked around - arrived this afternoon.

Took DD to Cinema - watched Dispicable Me 2, she loves it, then family outing to pub, and our traditional Pizza for tea.

---
    Turkey cooked, pigs in blankets made, veg and potatoes peeled, trifle made for tea.

Table set....... Just all ready for the big day.

Merry Christmas Everyone xxxx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Finally got Miss Hoodie to bed...

Online sales started...

Evans - spent £60, - but £20 was for 6 prs of knickers - they need to be gold plated at that price - the other clothes cost less.

Asda - £20 - for Miss Hoodie - tshirt, 2 x prs joggers, sweatshirt, fleece hoodie nightdress

Looked at Boots - going to wait to see if they do the 75% sale... No more sales, going to be good.......

xxxxx
  • springdreams
    Options
    Have a lovely day everyone

merrychristmas01.gif
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Chrismas,

that's a great card springdreams.

I had a strange day so far, woken in night for a suicidal text from that man, more this morning and his reasons were something ludicrous. I asked him in my reply if he ever considered me when he sent them.

As this year I'm only cooking for boys and myself not my usual 6-9 people, I greatly miscalculated cooking times so it is now readyand I've had to hurry and stick on the veg.

The pudding needs 1 hour steaming to heat through and this means I can re-use the peas pan (don't have a microwave) and can stagger the meal over the afternoon instead of juggling it all and eating too much at once.
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Mum2one - count me in this time.

Have already got a list of birthdays and Christmas for next year - now roll on the sales!!
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • CariadsNewStart
    Options
    Evening all, Hope everyone's having a well earned rest Hubby snoring here DS is shooting Christmas balls off my pouffee with his new nerf gun and our dog is cwtched up to our Christmas elf so alls calm lol

Hope you don't mind me tagging along this year have cropped a couple more off the giftlist for last year as buying out of habit and not need is senseless as their doing the same, so hoping to start surveys and buy most presents at reduced prices at the very least, I am also saving with Park hampers so won't have any big bills to worry about come January .. Karen.
    PAYDXMAS2014-:santa2:#6-£200/£3587.35=5.57%
    SEALED POT #248- CariadsNewStart-£150 banked. Jan NSD 5/20.LS02/3
    Jan lunches 9/122. Crazy clothes £15/£300.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone, i hope it's OK if i join in this (next) year?

I have an expensive year ahead, i am planning to move house, buy new furniture, save some money and also plan ahead for Christmas...yikes!

So, i have already sorted out a pile of stuff to eBay, some to sell via FB and some other bits that are to go to charity shops.

I already have enough wrapping paper and gift tags for birthdays and Christmas 2014 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure