PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    dink1 wrote: »
    FunkyFunkyMonkey - Welldone you! that menu sounds great, dont suppose you will let us have the syrup tart recipe? and is the choc fudge cake hm?? (must be hormonal today as craving sweet things!)

Hi Dink

I have a few things to do today but will definitely post up both recipes for you. But be warned, they will be very dangerous to your waistline :eek:

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • huxley
    huxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Ouch just found July thread and so many posts to catch up on already! Well I'm here now, going to go have a good read, just aswell things running kind of smooth this morning, spuds in oven, chicken cooked, summer fruits pud done yesterday eve and two carrot cakes waiting to go in oven. Washing on line next lot in machine, I think im entitled to sit and rid for a bit:rotfl:
  • susan946
    susan946 Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    :huh:
    dink1 wrote: »
    :eek: Hi Guys,

not sure if anyone else has days when they tend to feel a little panicky.

Certainly do. What works for me is to take a deep breath and keep telling myself I can do this.

Then need to get down to the nitty-gritty and start serious menu planning, lists, etc. :huh:

You can do it Dink1!!!
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    I find this post quite unsavoury, bragging about scamming with vouchers, you are in fact stealing and could well be getting the sales assistant in trouble. im all in favour of money saving and using vouchers, but by using them ligitimatley and without getting others in trouble.

I also find that you were indeed stealing..makes me mad actually. Its just greedy and taking the mick to be honest.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • Anitaj73
    Anitaj73 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    In the defence of those who re use coupons/vouchers etc.....
    I shop online and use codes from the discount threads on here, they seem to be designed to work more than once and for different people so i don't see why you can't use the instore vouchers the same...
    I'm sure if the store didn't want this to happen they would have better systems that only allow them to work once

Thats my opinion anyway :D
    May GC £350/ spent so far

family life = 2 adults DS x3 & DD1 + dog :)
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    Anitaj73 there is a clear difference though as the codes and vouchers for use online are designed to be used by more than one person; the vouchers for use instore are only meant to be used once for each customer.

Kaz2904 shouldn't have been able to keep the voucher after using it and she clearly states she was scamming them which is out of order IMO

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    angelnikki wrote: »
    Anitaj73 there is a clear difference though as the codes and vouchers for use online are designed to be used by more than one person; the vouchers for use instore are only meant to be used once for each customer.

Kaz2904 shouldn't have been able to keep the voucher after using it and she clearly states she was scamming them which is out of order IMO

Nikki
    x

Well said :D
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mornin all and welcome to the july challenge :D

i've just got back from a whoopsie hunt at Mr M's ..........managed to get some persil liquitabs, and some Bold 2 in 1 tablets (only get these when they're reduced to silly prices, and you don't get much sillier than down to 10p each from £5-odd :T and all because the boxes were a bit dented!! ) also got some tins of dog food, tinned toms, choccy bics, aero snacksize, and toothpaste....all down to 10p each :dance: also got some of the Robinsons juice that's BOGOF at the mo. i've accounted for this in my June challenge, as i don't officially start the july one till tomorrow

my spare wardrobe is full of yellow-stickered stuff now ............have got enough flour, pasta, washing powder/tablets, dog food to last about 3 months i think!!

the BM has just finished its cycle, its making a pizza dough for us to have for tea tonight. also gonna make some more tortilla dough, and stick it in the freezer for tomorrow, cos Mrs Mc said it rolls out better when its been frozen

hope you're ok Mrs Mc i know we won't hear from you for a while, but we're all thinking of you xx

right, best get on. hope everyone has a good day xx
  • findingmyfeet
    Options
    morning all,
    just caught up on the july thread. posted my july amount on June but angelnikki- £380 for july please. greAT HAVING RECIPES ON PAGE 1 TOO.

LOVELY AND SUNNY HERE AT THE MOMENT KEEP SWINGING BETWEEN MORE BAKING OR GETTING OUT IN THE GARDEN . DECISIONS , DECISIONS. DEFINATELY NOT GOING OUT , NOT SPENDING A PENNY BEFORE TUESDAY MY OFFICIAL NEW MONTH START.
    HAVE A NICE DAY ALL
    sealed pot member no :081:o 2011- £306.68 2012-£304.36 2013- £387.44 2014 - £441.43 ;)£482.30 2019 £655.58
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Hi Angelnikki
    I hope I'm not to late for July - I want to go for 200.00 again please.

Have trouble keeping up with all the posts but will try harder this month. What do other veggie peeps do for cheap protein? I use beans and lentils but am getting bored of my recepies so any new ones would be most welcome. Quorn is getting very expensive and soya is not my fav ingredient although the spag bol and cottage pie I made Fri/Sat was OK. I have stockpiled bags of beans so need to use these.
    Good luck everyone.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport