Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds

Options
Ballard
Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
edited 10 June 2016 at 3:53PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
I've just seen that two direct debits will be required for interest purposes from 2nd September. They both need to be paid each month too. This isn't fantastic news as I'm running out of direct debits.

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/bank-account-conditions.pdf#page=33

Credit interest with Vantage
From 1 September 2016 you’ll need to pay at least two different Direct Debits from your Bank of Scotland Vantage account(s) each calendar month to receive credit interest. This is in addition to your existing requirement to pay in at least £1000 each calendar month and stay in credit for the monthly billing period.
Unquote
I hate verisimilitude.

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    I've just seen that two direct debits will be required for interest purposes from 2nd September. They both need to be paid each month too. This isn't fantastic news as I'm running out of direct debits.

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/bank-account-conditions.pdf#page=33

Credit interest with Vantage
    From 1 September 2016 you’ll need to pay at least two different Direct Debits from your Bank of Scotland Vantage account(s) each calendar month to receive credit interest. This is in addition to your existing requirement to pay in at least £1000 each calendar month and stay in credit for the monthly billing period.
    Unquote

Well there's the 'usual' option, which I've already set up to make the accounts look a bit busier in any case.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Job done. All DDs set up with first pulls scheduled for early June. May as well pull the interest out with DDs, instead of SOs which I'd previously been doing. Makes no difference to me. :)
  • Ballard
    Options
    I tried a Tesco dd from Lloyds last year and it all looked swell but Lloyds kept rejecting it. I had another couple of direct debits so I used them instead.

I'll try with BoS later today so hopefully that'll go through okay. Other than that I think that I can move some credit cards there. One is dormant so I'll have to test the water with that one once I've moved it.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    I guess that if BoS were going to pull the Vantage option and re-vamp their account offerings, they would have done it now. Hopefully these accounts are safe for a while at least.
  • Harveys_2
    Harveys_2 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the heads up.

DDs all set up to work in June.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 May 2016 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Having 3 BOS accounts with vantage, this will mean setting up another 6 DDs.

Not for me I' m afraid, my accounting system is running out of space with the number of DDs it has recorded, to meet various banks t&cs.

Whilst it has been good whilst it lasted it is goodbye BOS from September.

I wonder how long before other banks follow the BOS route?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Having 3 BOS accounts with vantage, this will mean setting up another 6 DDs.

Not for me I' m afraid, my accounting system is running out of space with the number of DDs it has recorded, to meet various banks t&cs.

Whilst it has been good whilst it lasted it is goodbye BOS from September.

I wonder how long before other banks follow the BOS route?

I have the same and with the max in each I am not giving up £37 per month easily;)

Does anyone know if setting up 2 DD's on each account to Tesco Internet Saver and Instant Access Saver satisfy the "you’ll need to pay at least two different Direct Debits from your Bank of Scotland Vantage account(s) each calendar month to receive credit interest." bearing in mind they will be to the same institution but different account numbers?

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I tried a Tesco dd from Lloyds last year

Mine (one on each of Internet saver and Easy access saver) work perfectly.

And I have set up the necessary DDs for BOS this morning ( with some difficulty - the web site kept reporting errors) - could this be because it has been worn out by MSE users doing the same?:rotfl:
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »

And I have set up the necessary DDs for BOS this morning ( with some difficulty - the web site kept reporting errors) - could this be because it has been worn out by MSE users doing the same?:rotfl:

Well they do not need to do it so quick, there is after all over 3 months before it kicks in.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Ballard
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »

I deleted the Lloyds one and re-input it. Hopefully it'll work fine but I don't urgently need it. I've now set up BoS and a couple of others so if they don't work I have plenty of time to talk to Tesco about the issue.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport