Green Network Energy - ?

Options

Comments

• shineondiamond
    Options
    This came up on a U switch search for me as considerably cheaper too, but listed as one that U Switch don't direct to.
    This was guesswork though - I am buying a property and will be a new customer for whoever I go with next week. All the comparison sites want you to put in current usage - so I have made it up - is there any comparison sites that you can fill in as a new customer?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I am in the process of switching to them from EDF. They take over supply in a few weeks.
  • ButtersUK
    Options
    There's a feedback thread for Green Network Energy currently running here:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5624370

It's only been less than a week since I rang them and asked them to commence the switch over to them from British Gas but on the couple of occasions I've rang them they've answered straight away and have been fine.

In view of the fact that you generally don't need to have much to do with your energy supplier the main consideration ought to be price, and in that regard they were cheaper than B.Gas, however it's nice not to have to wait the customary ten minutes on the phone in order to speak to an advisor. And additionally their advisors are based in areas that facilitate an easy conversation with both parties able to understand each other.

Furthermore they were well versed regarding the 49 day period of grace at the end of contracts in which customers can switch with no exit penalties .... something that none of the British Gas advisors to whom I spoke were apparently aware of.

All in all I think I made the right choice.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They do appear on the comparison sites, its just sites like Uswitch have default selection to exclude certain providers like ones that don't make them any money
  • ButtersUK
    ButtersUK Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2017 at 5:23PM
    Options
    Have now completed the switch FROM British Gas TO Green Network Energy and account has been up and running for about ten days.

Up to now GNE have done everything they said they'd do. Completely painless swap from BG. Haven't yet had British Gas's final bill, but I'm sure it'll arrive in due course.

GNE have answered the phone pretty much immediately whenever I've called. The staff have been fine.

My direct debit with GNE is now less than British Gas wanted theirs to be and time will tell just how much cheaper it is with GNE, but up to now I have no cause for complaint at all.
  • Mike_Thompson
    Options
    I have just tried to sign up to Green Network Energy (GNE), but have given up in disgust at their processes. I would advise extreme caution to anybody else based on my experience. I have 4 electricity supplies to my property and wanted to change 1 to them. They unilaterally (without asking me) picked the wrong one and tried to terminate an existing fixed term agreement I have with another supplier. After 2 phone conversations and 1 email, they finally started to understand that i had more than one supply, but by then had cancelled my application. They then tried to sign me up over the phone, but offered a different and more expensive tariff and refused to go back to the one i had signed up to despite it being their mistake. This made them more expensive than another offer I had so I told them to forget the whole thing. Despite their assurances to the contrary, I still had to liaise with my existing supplier on the account GNE had tried to terminate in order not to lose that supply or tariff, or face a termination cost. All GNE would say is that their processes required them to act this way! Very poor customer service!
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with them since April and the switch went ok but then this was a single private property. However, they have just upped my DD by £15 per month to £130 despite the fact I was £194 in credit and have been in credit since being with them. The first phone call resulted in some guy telling me to give meter readings in two weeks and nothing else plus he said I have not given readings despite sending them in 2 weeks ago (no offer of reduction):mad:, the second call I made about how my rates differed from bill to internet when they were fixed resulted in no real answer,:( so I left a bad review on Trustpilot. It did wonders as within an hour, I had someone on the phone answering my queries and reducing the DD to £120 instead. However, I have made it VERY clear that if I am still in credit in 3 mths, I expect a much lower DD or I will be taking them to the Ombudsman as I do not see why they are making interest off my credit on a continual basis. I think they are fairly new to this (being an Italian company) so they are still getting their feet under the table.
    Carh:A
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You tend to build up credit in the summer months which is then used up in the winter when your consumption is higher.

What do you mean by "I made about how my rates differed from bill to internet when they were fixed"
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I probably typed this wrong. I meant that the kw prices on my bill were cheaper than the internet prices on my account. Apparently, this was without 5% vat on the bill and with 5% vat on the internet but this wasn't clear until it was explained to me and my argument was that I could have used the bill lower rate as a comparison for other suppliers and it would have given a false result for me. I know the excuse they all make about using more in winter than summer but this should balance out by going into the red in winter and recovering by the warmer weather. I do not see why these days we have to give them permanent credit when it will bounce back, especially as we are all struggling with price increases on every day stuff
    Carh:A
  • Crashannie
    Options
    I signed up with these in may of last year and im not sure about them , i am almost £1,800 pounds in credit and they dont want to issue a refund of any description , i can understand my winter quarter may be double the summer one which is approx. £400 but this is still a lot of money for them to keep . They want to up my payments to over £500 if they give me a repayment of £875,according to them its to cover my bill , im thinking of swapping earlier than the year just to get away from them !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure