Green Network Energy - ?

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you been giving them monthly readings?
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I think if a utility company built up this much credit without either reducing my DD right down or refusing to refund, I would be reporting them to the emrgy Ombudsman. This is totally inappropriate:(
    Carh:A
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 February 2018 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Our experience over the last ten months from getting a quote for and becoming customers with GNE had been poor, remote, and un-customer friendly.

I didn't trust or like them at all until I posted a detailed review about our experiences and as a result one of their customer relations managers called me and turned everything around by sorting out every single issue (and there were some serious ones), putting our minds at rest.

Just as well, we're stuck with them for the forseable future. Here's to a much better experience with them going forward!
  • JayStar
    Options
    We've been with GNE for a year now without any problems. They did up our monthly DD in the autumn, to cover expected higher usage in the winter months, but that was only by a reasonable amount and was acceptable to us.
    I've just done a detailed check on best and cheapest energy suppliers through MSE because it is towards the end of our year with GNE and I wanted to find a supplier that suits our usage best. Although there were some cheaper alternatives around, because I didn't know them and because the monthly difference was small, I have decided to stay with GNE and taken their 18 month deal, which suits us better as the new contract won't expire until the end of August 2019.
    Whenever I've needed (or just wanted) to phone them, I've been pleased with the speed they answered and the help provided. Usually it has been a native English speaker but sometimes it sounded like an Italian, or other European speaker whose English was their 2nd language, but even so, I could understand and appreciate what they said. They always explained things in detail and offered additional help if needed.
    So far we are pleased with GNE as our energy supplier. I hope our experience remains good over the next 18 months.:)
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    We've been with GNE for a year now without any problems. They did up our monthly DD in the autumn, to cover expected higher usage in the winter months, but that was only by a reasonable amount and was acceptable to us.
    I've just done a detailed check on best and cheapest energy suppliers through MSE because it is towards the end of our year with GNE and I wanted to find a supplier that suits our usage best. Although there were some cheaper alternatives around, because I didn't know them and because the monthly difference was small, I have decided to stay with GNE and taken their 18 month deal, which suits us better as the new contract won't expire until the end of August 2019.
    Whenever I've needed (or just wanted) to phone them, I've been pleased with the speed they answered and the help provided. Usually it has been a native English speaker but sometimes it sounded like an Italian, or other European speaker whose English was their 2nd language, but even so, I could understand and appreciate what they said. They always explained things in detail and offered additional help if needed.
    So far we are pleased with GNE as our energy supplier. I hope our experience remains good over the next 18 months.:)
    Thanks for the honest opinion of GNE nd I tend to agree with you. It was interesting that you said that you had compared the against other sites and found that it was possibly best to stay there with them. Maybe areas vary of course, but it helps as I suspect you are on the same tariff as me as our contract ends shortly so your advice has been useful. My only gripe was that they seemed to want to keep us permananetly in credit by upping the DD quite a lot and I refused. We compromised in the end as I refused to be in credit in the winter when things even out with warmer weather
    Carh:A
  • hughesr5
    Options
    I've been with them for one year now. I always do price compare when up for renewal and almost always find a cheaper deal. This time, I'm sticking with them. They are around the same price as the cheapest alternative (One Select who are around £20 per annum cheaper, but that is on an estimate only, so who knows) and I've never heard of them anyway, so would rather stick with the one I know Their customer service team are amongst the best I've seen. I had a real problem with my previous supplier, which went on long enough to go past the switch obver point. Green Network energy were really helpful in chasing the old supplier for readings and allowing me sensible estimates in the meantime. I've had them call me back and email me when other companies would have expected me to chase them. I have no issue with the company details mentioned in the thread. If they do go bust, so what? As long as I haven't been overpaying (and you'd be daft not to stop that as soon as it happens) what is the risk?
  • Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just took the plunge with this company following publication of MSE's Big Switch Event 11 yesterday.
    Not one of the 'Big 6', but they had the best active deal today as confirmed via the CEC, and I'll be out of contract with another non - Big 6 (First Utility) supplier from the 31st of October, so now was the right time to switch. A thumbs up to 'First Utility' with whom the last year has been seamless, and I'd have gladly remained with them had they been able to continue actively competing... I'll now be paying £27/month for 18 months (Green Network Energy) in lieu of £24/month for 12 months (First Utility), not the most painful increase by a long margin! :)
  • pauly56
    pauly56 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 May 2019 at 10:16AM
    Options
    :mad:Signed up to Green Network on basis of £73 month direct debit

But then after small debit balance revealed after coldest months of Jan-Mar GN tried to increase DD by nearly 50% to £104 a month !!

Seem to have never heard of people turning off heating in summer!!

No consultation. I had to threaten OFGEM to stop them

Company reputation trashed:(. What a shame
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Had you been giving them regular readings?
  • judd1011
    judd1011 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    i am thankful to finally be away from these thieves

previously living in a one bed ground floor flat heating on for an hour in the evening that is all i am very stingy with this.

my monthly bill.......£121 a month!!! i was with scottish power before paying £80 and now this lot have raised it even more. when i moved house last week i took the chance to leave my fee for leaving the contract £60 ok fair enough its a contract but my final bill lol its £149.17 for 2 weeks of service plus the termination fee avoid this company i was supposed to be paying £60 that lasted two months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure