Green Network Energy - ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Telegraph_Sam
    Telegraph_Sam Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm guessing that for those with negative experience of GNE - or any other supplier - it is no secret that direct debits can be cancelled, in my case up to the trigger date itself, or even be reclaimed back within a reasonable period. I have done this. It doesn't make the supplier very happy but obliges them to justify, if they can, running my account permanently in credit or sort out any other charges issue. Much easier than getting a refund.
    Telegraph Sam
  • Adjer
    Adjer Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Joined GNE in February 2019 after CEC comparison said, good price & decent service. They switched me before my previous contract was up. This cost me money. I was not pleased. I have had no bills at all & they do not reply to emails about this despite their auto email replies state that, they reply within 3 days. OVO Energy & SO Energy who I have used previously, both have excellent service. Readers beware.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 2 accounts with these jokers. One with my partner and the other at the house my ex lives in.
    Direct debit is always on the high side, even though I am £500 in credit on one account. I asked for a refund or considerable reduction in DD, denied but no reason given. Quite bizarre realy. Are they aware of OFgen?
    So account closed as the fixed price was up for renewal anyway.
    They take a direct debit the day you sign up or very shortly after, not once your switch has occured. So you can end up with 3 bills/direct debits - a normal one and final bill from your original suplier and one from GNE, all in the same month. This ISNT made clear when you apply.
    Customer services don't apear to respond to emails (difficult to find an addy anyway) and seem a bit clueless on the telephone.

I'm so glad there is now a time limit on refunds after switching as I suspect I would have ben waiting a long time.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • maxcy
    maxcy Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    I have 2 accounts with these jokers. One with my partner and the other at the house my ex lives in.
    Direct debit is always on the high side, even though I am £500 in credit on one account. I asked for a refund or considerable reduction in DD, denied but no reason given. Quite bizarre realy. Are they aware of OFgen?
    So account closed as the fixed price was up for renewal anyway.
    They take a direct debit the day you sign up or very shortly after, not once your switch has occured. So you can end up with 3 bills/direct debits - a normal one and final bill from your original suplier and one from GNE, all in the same month. This ISNT made clear when you apply.
    Customer services don't apear to respond to emails (difficult to find an addy anyway) and seem a bit clueless on the telephone.

I'm so glad there is now a time limit on refunds after switching as I suspect I would have ben waiting a long time.

I have replied to this in the other thread you posted the same content in
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76286082&postcount=130

Hopefully, this thread can be left where is has been for the previous 4+ months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure