Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 27th Mar 17, 2:32 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier
    • 27th Mar 17, 2:32 PM
    Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier 27th Mar 17 at 2:32 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Green Network Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 24-08-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Page 1
    • fwd079
    • By fwd079 6th Apr 17, 11:38 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fwd079
    • 6th Apr 17, 11:38 AM
    • 6th Apr 17, 11:38 AM
    Anyone with them yet?
    • jimroy
    • By jimroy 25th Apr 17, 12:05 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jimroy
    • 25th Apr 17, 12:05 PM
    • 25th Apr 17, 12:05 PM
    I instigated a switch to them yesterday. They're due to take over my supply on the 15th May. I'm expecting my Electricity to change over that day but my Gas much later as I'm an IGT customer. We'll see.
    • bettz
    • By bettz 27th Apr 17, 4:06 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bettz
    • 27th Apr 17, 4:06 PM
    • 27th Apr 17, 4:06 PM
    I was going to switch to them but for some reason when I type my postcode in my house number doesn't come up it lists nextdoor though
    • Sophiedad
    • By Sophiedad 27th Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sophiedad
    • 27th Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    • 27th Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    I applied to switch to Green Star Energy yesterday as part of the Big Switch 7. Today they rang me to say I couldn't switch to them as they didn't cover my area. There was no mention of this in the Cheap Energy Club notification. I assumed that this was a national company offering a decent deal for the whole country. Is this a case of those in the South East of England benefitting once again from the best deals? Any chance of arranging a decent deal for those of us in the rest of the country Martin?
    • jimroy
    • By jimroy 28th Apr 17, 10:44 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jimroy
    • 28th Apr 17, 10:44 AM
    Green Star Energy isn't the same company as Green Network Energy.
    • 28th Apr 17, 10:44 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4765172&page=8

Hi Sophiedad.

Just to let you know you're posting on the wrong thread.

This is about Green Network Energy not Green Star Energy.

They're two different companies/suppliers.

I've attached the link to the correct thread for you.
    Last edited by jimroy; 28-04-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: To add a link to the correct thread.
    • Sophiedad
    • By Sophiedad 28th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sophiedad
    • 28th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    Thanks
    • 28th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    Thanks jimroy.
    • WellTravelled
    • By WellTravelled 6th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WellTravelled
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    GNE - Totally incompetent
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    Switched over the phone last month and heard nothing from them. Due to switch over tomorrow so rang them only to find they got both my email address AND addess wrong.

So they have illegally switched over my neighbour and are now billing me for thier Elec and Gas bills as they have my Bank Account Details.

Meanwhile I am now on a more expensive variable tarrif with 1st utility.

Utter utter incompetence Avoid like the Plague!
    • Stan.In.Devon
    • By Stan.In.Devon 6th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Stan.In.Devon
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    Switched over the phone last month and heard nothing from them. Due to switch over tomorrow so rang them only to find they got both my email address AND addess wrong.

So they have illegally switched over my neighbour and are now billing me for thier Elec and Gas bills as they have my Bank Account Details.

Meanwhile I am now on a more expensive variable tarrif with 1st utility.

Utter utter incompetence Avoid like the Plague!
    Originally posted by WellTravelled
    Have to say I rang them today, got through straight away and signed up with them (will be leaving British Gas) ... the lady who took the call seemed proficient and gave a good account of herself and the company (obviously early days, of course). But why did you not contact them the following day having not heard anything? The assistant plainly said to me, several times, that they would email a welcome pack within 24 hours.

You said you contacted them "last month" ... how long ago exactly?

Why did you not contact them having NOT received the welcome pack and confirmation of details?

You say "utter incompetence" but surely it was common sense that if you hadn't had the promised confirmation then something was going to go wrong?

Anyway, it's too soon to pass any constructive reviews here, so we shall see, but the prices and customer service are OK at the moment.
    Last edited by Stan.In.Devon; 06-09-2017 at 3:10 PM.
    • Pippin8
    • By Pippin8 6th Sep 17, 5:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pippin8
    Just tried to switch online but it wouldn't let me get past the first page. Tried to answer the question "Select your current supplier and tariff" but no option to scroll or put in an answer. Is it better to phone them to switch?. Not a very good first impression!

Anyone else with this problem?
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 6th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 899 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    nic_c
    GNE look to be the cheapest for me. Was hoping for more recent reviews.
    • Brewerspride
    • By Brewerspride 7th Sep 17, 12:36 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Brewerspride
    Just tried to switch online but it wouldn't let me get past the first page. Tried to answer the question "Select your current supplier and tariff" but no option to scroll or put in an answer. Is it better to phone them to switch?. Not a very good first impression!

Anyone else with this problem?
    Originally posted by Pippin8
    I signed up online yesterday evening and didn't experience any issues with the website.
    • Stan.In.Devon
    • By Stan.In.Devon 7th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Stan.In.Devon
    When I called them yesterday they promised that my welcome pack etc would be emailed to me within 24 hours.

This morning it was waiting for me in my INBOX. No problem there.

After I added my password in order to officially 'sign up' I mistakenly overlooked their confirmation email which required me to click the link to activate the account ... so I gave them a ring .... they answered after a couple of rings and the fella was eminently professional and helpful.

I have a date for commencement of supply and a date for the first direct debit and they have told me when to submit meter readings.

The website isn't as sophisticated as, say, the British Gas one but it's OK for me and is easy to navigate.

Their price, according to the figures I used for comparison purposes, is a couple hundred pounds less than British Gas ... but I appreciate that it's a bit tricky to get real life savings figures. However what I am certain of is...the "Standard" British Gas tariff is the one you generally default to if you haven't opted for one of their fixed rate deals and it usually costs you money if you don't move away from the "Standard" tariff. But this time the two available fixed rate offers were only a pound or two different compared to the default "Standard" tariff i.e. the two fixed rate deals were hardly any more beneficial compared to their standard rate. They said (on the phone, when I pointed this out) that this was the first time that has been the case and that they never claim to be the cheapest but their service is more reliable than smaller companies etc ... blah, blah , blah ....

Maybe I will have to eat my words but at this early stage Green Network haven't blotted their copy book.
    • Angler1701
    • By Angler1701 7th Sep 17, 4:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angler1701
    Swapped yesterday and found they will not change initial start date for direct debit. This means that to change the date eill incur a double payment. Then phoned to cancel and was told it is too early for their system to cancel new account. It would appear that if you want your payment to start on a certain day you should apply for a supplier swap twenty one days before you want your direct debit to start. Totally inflexible.
    • Stan.In.Devon
    • By Stan.In.Devon 7th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Stan.In.Devon
    Swapped yesterday and found they will not change initial start date for direct debit. This means that to change the date eill incur a double payment. Then phoned to cancel and was told it is too early for their system to cancel new account. It would appear that if you want your payment to start on a certain day you should apply for a supplier swap twenty one days before you want your direct debit to start. Totally inflexible.
    Originally posted by Angler1701

Surely you're not going to cancel the switch solely on the basis of one direct payment? I can't believe they wouldn't adjust the sum paid once you were up and running with them. You say 'totally inflexible' but I would imagine there are constraints in place associated with the bank in question and an inability to change the initial payment, hence the problem ... but I do know they made a point of saying the direct debit date could subsequently be changed.

If you're saying your finances won't permit two direct debit payments being taken at once due to, say, a low balance in the bank account (albeit only once, and subject to a later adjustment) then I must accept that and there's nothing more to add - but ordinarily a temporary debit of this nature from most people's account would be tolerable and, as mentioned, it can be sorted once the account is functioning normally.

EDIT, several days on......

No response to date from the poster, Angler 1701.

So we don't know how the switch over went or if the direct debit situation has been resolved or if the poster still regards them to be "totally inflexible".

Speaking personally, it has gone quiet during this period of time between switching request and changeover day (25th September 2017).

British Gas have verbally confirmed, and also emailed to say, that there aren't exit fess to be applied during the last 49 days of the fixed contract, so that's unlikely to be a problem. We just need to see if the paperwork and the subsequent billing, direct debits etc. are all OK.
    Last edited by Stan.In.Devon; Yesterday at 4:30 PM.
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 9th Sep 17, 7:04 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Hi. Although my tarrif is not at an end, I have been told I can change without exit fees.

I have had an e-mail from U-Switch which tells me to go with one company, MSE/CEC then you get some good reviews and some bad ones !

GNE seemed to be well recommended by MSE, but my head is boggling with all this information.

The bottom line is I want a reliable service at a cheap price (who doesn't?!).
    I thank you for reading this message. Maybe you will thank me for posting it!
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 9th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 899 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    nic_c
    Hi. Although my tarrif is not at an end, I have been told I can change without exit fees.

I have had an e-mail from U-Switch which tells me to go with one company, MSE/CEC then you get some good reviews and some bad ones !

GNE seemed to be well recommended by MSE, but my head is boggling with all this information.

The bottom line is I want a reliable service at a cheap price (who doesn't?!).
    Originally posted by I-LOV-MONEY
    They are just billing companies, the energy won't suddenly stop!
    I went from EDF to BGas and only time I contact them is when switching or to give a reading

GNE comes cheapest for me, so I either go with EDF who are the cheapest big-6 for me or GNE. My only other consideration is to go with bulb that has no exit fees, but that seems to be boosted by lots of referrals for the £50-quid, so taking with a pinch of salt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,043Posts Today

5,272Users online

Martin's Twitter