Comments

• blanik
    blanik Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    Same as above post. not working for me?:o

Works OK for me - chrome on windows 7.
    Perhaps those people having problems could post their browser and operating system to see if that is a common factor.
  • snowcat53
    Options
    Just to log that I have successfully spit a peak time Macclesfield to London return journey, and saved about £45 over the cheapest advance fare for the same trains. This was Macc- Stoke (return)/ Stoke- Milton Keynes (single)/ Milton Keynes - Euston (single)/, and coming back Euston-Stoke (single).

I also got Cashback of 6.06% using Southern Trains booking website (Topcashback).

Have to say though it was complex and time consuming (no app) - different trains stop at different stations. Woudl be easy to get it wrong. Is there an app for adroid phone?
  • Like the ticketysplit iPhone app. Just tried it and it saved over £30 on the walk-on fare to Manchester from here. As you say, it will be a much better app when it can do the same for advance purchase fares. Is there any way you could include a minimum waiting time at the "splitting" station (use chooseable, but say 30 minutes to allow for delays) to enable smokers to exit the station for a cigarette? This would mean the app looking up the next train to the destination, rather than the split route being on the same direct train.
  • coupleuk
    coupleuk Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    Used the online version tonight - saved approx £12.

Highbridge & Burnham to Birmingham and return using a two together railcard was coming back at £73.30 total for 2 of us.

App wasnt much use calculating a fare BUT did show a change at Cheltenham Spa would save money.

So, entered B&H to Cheltenham and then to Bham (plus same on return) and came in at £61.60.

Did a further check and found we'd be on exactly same train as in the higher original fare.

A saving of 16%.

RESULT !!
  • [MaccA]
    [MaccA] Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Used it on an iPhone 5.

Was impressed to see how quick the search result came back.

One immediate piece of improvement I would suggest is a button to "reverse" the journey you've just looked up. That would save you having to manually edit the Departure and Arrival fields when searching for the return leg fair.
  • bethansmum
    Options
    I cannot get it to accept any arrival destination. I am trying to go to London, but not sure if I should put kings cross, London or something else.
  • Livingthedream
    Options
    bethansmum wrote: »
    I cannot get it to accept any arrival destination. I am trying to go to London, but not sure if I should put kings cross, London or something else.

Seems to be working for me just tried 'London' and 'London Kings cross' as an arrival station, I got a drop down list of stations once I typed 'lon' then used the slider to find the 'London' station I wanted.
    Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 October 2012 at 7:25AM
    Options
    bethansmum wrote: »
    Seems to be working for me just tried 'London' and 'London Kings cross' as an arrival station, I got a drop down list of stations once I typed 'lon' then used the slider to find the 'London' station I wanted.

I find that on the mobile version of the page in Opera Mini on my phone it gives no drop-down and will only accept the exact spelling of the station, not the first few letters and not the 3 letter abbreviation, so in this case London Kings Cross or London (All) - though letter case doesn't matter.

It seems to regard London stations as interchangeable though, and will give you the right one for the line if you guess the wrong one.
  • pjrobertson
    Options
    If anybody's looking for an alternative to the TicketySplit app, I've created my own ticket splitting website called TwoTix. It's a bit more advance than TicketySplit, as it can:
    • Split walk on fares for any day
    • Split return fares
    • Split return fares into two single journeys
    • Split advance fares

It's a proof of concept website, and still a work in progress so it may be a bit rough around the corners.
  • NT4657
    Options
    Great idea and agree Android App needed please. It isn't a new idea... I used to split tickets in the 1980s when a student... London (Waterloo) to Crewkerne and Crewkerne to Exeter used to save me loads and you could do this at a ticket office - Internet didn't exist then!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure