IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Attendance notice

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2018 at 3:55PM
    Options
    Hope you have read everything so far and taken on board how alarmed Herbie21 is (the resident expert from BailiffAdviceOnline) and seen that she's been looking into this one this morning:
    To say that I am alarmed is putting it mildly.
    Now, did you have a UKCPS PCN, or a UKPCM one, or even a UK-CPS (?!) one and does the reference match a parking ticket you were disputing?

Have you lodged formal complaints with the DVLA, the IPC (by registering on their website to 'make a complaint' about a PPC), your MP, your local Trading Standards Officers - NOT THE CAB, NOT THE SAME THING.

And have you reported this impersonation of a bailiff (without a court order) to your local Police Station and reported harassment, if there have been at least 2 contacts made, maybe one in person and one by phone?

This is illegal. Hope Herbie21 can sort it out and I hope whichever parking firm is behind it, is banned forthwith by the DVLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • maffb7
    maffb7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    dropbox.com/s/xqon8girt36k5up/UK%20CPS.jpg?dl=0[/url]
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqon8girt36k5up/UK%20CPS.jpg?dl=0

Please can you let us know more (see my questions above).

You and the OP may as well stay on this single thread together, until this complete scam is sorted.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Herbie21
    Herbie21 Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    This I

I;d send the email to David Dunford, purely due to the seriousness of this conduct (what the heck are UKCPS doing, are they in self destruct mode?):

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Can I just mention that David is no longer in the Data Sharing Team (although he is still at DVLA) so complaints such as this one would not be dealt with by him.
  • maffb7
    maffb7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I contacted DVLA David Dunford but he said he couldn't help and I had emailed the wrong department.
    This is a lot to take in, can you break it down for me if you don't mind and I will definitely put the complaints in. It's disgusting how these people get away with what their doing.
    Would I have to visit the police station or ring 101?
    I can't thank Herbie21 enough, I'm so grateful she's taking the time to help me and hopefully others don't fall for their tactics.
    I really hope something positive comes out of this.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    The notice also says it's a DEBT.

Not an ALLEGED debt.

This, in conjunction with the clear implication that it's from a bailiff (the web/email address containing the word bailiff, and the firm being bailiffs) clearly implies to Joe Public that the debt has been adjudicated upon/there is no possible means to defend it.

I think that point is worth making too. These people are being told that they owe a debt, when they don't necessarily.

Has a complaint gone to their professional body? I think it's worth complaining to the Directors of that company as well. Not sure it'll get anywhere but you never know.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I contacted DVLA David Dunford but he said he couldn't help and I had emailed the wrong department.

[STRIKE]Try again. This link (https://www.gov.uk/data-requests-dvla) suggests the compliance department is D16
    [/STRIKE]
    Just seen Herbie's comments.
    Data Sharing Strategy and Compliance Team dvladatarequests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Data Sharing Strategy and Compliance Team
    D16
    DVLA
    Longview Road
    Swansea
    SA99 1DY

The issue here is that under the KADOE contract

a) UKCPS can only send personal data to a "debt collector working for them
    b) UKCPS are responsible for any "debt" collector working for them

It may be that the DVLA didn't supply the personal information but it pays to go back to "Compliance" and get them to investigate.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Herbie21 wrote: »
    You and I have exchanged emails today. I advised you that I have been in touch with DVLA myself and they are fully aware of the correspondence and concerns. Given that we have a bank holiday weekend they need to be given some deal to investigate so I would not do anything more at the present time.

The BPA are also aware.

I will update the thread when I hear further.

www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk
    UKCPS are in the IPC
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    so do not expect any help or assistance
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Someone said "Nice guy - safe number" You get all sorts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure