PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon Jem.
    After another bullying incident last week which left DS with a bleeding lip, I blasted a letter at the Head and have at last had a satisfactory response agreeing that the No Blame policy isn't working, keeping the boy in every lunchtime until xmas, meeting his parents and saying that if it continues he will have a fixed term exclusion. Let's hope all that works.

Fuddle sends a message - when you post next could you please say thank you , that I'm absolutely fine, very nearly packed and that if they see any furniture flying around the A19 on Saturday it will be mine as we're moving our things in one of DH's companies low loader... Well it's free!
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope things settle down soon Jem and you start to feel better hugs ginny.

Possession I hope things improve for you and yours, bullying should have been sorted out for him by now. Its awful, I still remember how I felt years and years ago.

Im busy making pies. I am pretty good at pastry and have always used hard marg for it but now everything is so expensive I use what ever is cheapest. Last week i picked up some pure sunflower marg with a yellow sticker and it has made the best pastry ever - and I used the food processor :eek: My little pie maker is churning out apple pies and leftover potato hash ones for lunch tomorrow. I also have 24 mince pies in the oven plus the leftover pastry which on the 3rd roll was a little tough has been filled with sweet mincemeat and manhandled onto a tray - bet that tastes the best:rotfl:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • jem132
    jem132 Posts: 511 Forumite
    Options
    Ginnny I am so sorry for your poor son. When son was been bullied school tried to brush it under the carpet time and time again ds did not want to go to school he did not eat any lunch in the end I found out who the mother was and had a word with her stating if I was doing it to her she would ring the police please make your son stop then I. Lost it a bit and said or ill sort YOU, the next day delivery came home with yet another bust lip well I lost it took son with me went to the mothers and showed her what her son had done all she said was in don't care he's a fighter ds jumped up and went well if you don't care ill fight him then and landed one straget on his jaw needles to say no has ever bullied him since. I know it's not ideal but I could think of no other way and boy ds surprise me
    I have dyslexia so I apologize for my spelling and grammar
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    Morning all,
    Possession - I hope you get something resolved with the other boy at school - it sounds like things have been going on for far too long.
    Jem - how are you feeling this morning?
    Ginny - I'm jealous of all your pie-making, although my pastry making is improving it's still far from perfect.

Well after my teenage-style strop at the weekend I now have my loft re-floored and OH has promised to take a TOIL day on Friday to sort stuff out and either put it back in the loft or take it to the charity shop. At least I no longer run the risk of breaking a leg tripping over floorboards beside the bed. And, rather sheepishly, I have to admit that even after cooking them twice, my second lot of flapjacks were actually softer than the first lot. So now I'm really confused!

It's bitter cold here, but sunny, so actually quite nice. I just hope the hens get up and manage to get a drink of water before their water hopper freezes. Anyone got any suggestions for how to keep their water thawed when it is sub-zero all day?

Have a good day everyone.
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    Round here the farmers put a floating ping pong ball or a duck type thing in the water troughs for the farm animals. Not sure if it works but you often see them bobbing around on them.
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    nuttyp wrote: »
    Round here the farmers put a floating ping pong ball or a duck type thing in the water troughs for the farm animals. Not sure if it works but you often see them bobbing around on them.
    Not sure if it'll work - but you have definitely cheered up the start of my day. I have visions of our hens (who are not the brightest of sparks) attempting to play bobbing apples with some brightly coloured ping pong balls whilst our cat (who *loves* ping pong balls) sits outside the run getting very frustrated!!
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :)

jem I hope the side effects stop soon and that you are feeling better xx

Possession I hope that school actually does something now and that your son feels safer and happier there xxx

*waves to fuddle * Hello there. The best of luck with the move :)

Pooky I hope your DH's shoulder is ok :)

My house is chaos, I mean it really is.....enough of a mess that even DS1 commented on it last night. DH is off work this week so fingers crossed he will get up at some point and help me sort it out. It is freezing here so I don't want to go out anyway.

Over the past 6 days I have made 7 dozen mince pies, 5 batches of shortbread and a big batch of choc orange biscotti. I am all baked out and have said I'm not making any more mince pies for at least a week. I don't even like the s*dding things. I have to make something to take to book group on Thursday. I'm watching the Hairy Bikers on iplayer and thinking I might have a go at florentines. I'll need to find some soy free chocolate to dip them in though, as one of the ladies is allergic.

Time to get my bottom in gear as it doesn't look like any Elves are turning up to help.

Love and hugs to everyone xxx
  • sevenup01
    Options
    Morning all. Ive had a very busy weekend trying and almost succeeding in tidying the house despite my darling children messing it back up behind me. Ive had a few giggles and a few ouche/cringe and a few tears as i have caught up since my last post. the dental stuff talking about a dry socket - i have never felt more pain even when recovering from my c-sections. It was horreendous and i truly hope i never have it again. The photos of cute dogs made me smile. Bullying....grrrr........My eldest suffered dreadfully with nearly her entire class bullying her and the teacher swore blind her wonderful class would never do anything of the sort. Until we saw the head teacher and they spoke to the playground/dinner supervisers who saw it all happening. Unfortunatley the teacher had left at that point but the school instituted some very good consequences and anyone who even 'looked' funny at my daughter was punished. Within two weeks it had all stopped bar the very occasional incident from other students but NEVER anyone in her class again.
    I managed to make my christmas cake yesterday and must remember to take it out of its baking tin. Its had the longest 'hour' cooling in the tin since yesterday tea time...oops. I also dyed my hair, made christmas tree decs with my youngest, had a meeting with my upline so she could collect some returns i had, went shopping, did housework, refereed an arguement between my elder girls and discovered my mop bucket has a hole in it. Somehow i dont think it will be fixable with a straw or anything else for that matter!
    Oh and apparently ping pong balls are ideal for teaching boys to aim in the bathroom as they dont flush.:)
  • savingqueen
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Hugs to jem - hope you feel better today
    and to possession - hope you get the bullying sorted, its horrible isn't it

DS1 has been bullied a couple of times though not this school year (fingers crossed.) Thankfully both periods didn't last long, saw teacher as soon as discovered and it was nipped in the bud very quickly. DS1 has more confidence now and lots of friends so that helps. Unfortunately his best friend needs a lot of emotional support and the last bullying incident occured because DS wouldn't leave his friend to be kicked and punched on his own so they both go hurt. I was proud though of DS not abandoning his friend and having the sense to tell me. I went straight into school to report but the friend's mum had been sitting on the info waiting until a planned meeting with the school a couple of days later. I felt a bit like I was going behind her back as her son was the main victim but I did what needed to be done for my child and both children benefitted from that day.

sevenup - you have been busy!

Home today with a poorly DS2. He felt ill at school yesterday lunchtime "I was too cold to eat my lunch mummy" but didn't say anything as usual. When I collected him he complained of being freezing, got him home and he was boiling hot. He is snuggled on the sofa with my favourite blanket (and so boys' favourite blanket ;)), stripey cat and lots of ben 10 on TV.

I feel off colour today after feeling perky yesterday so at least get to stay in too. Had planned to go to town to get some Xmas gifts and get some bits for freezer but that will have to wait. Have a feeling that my attempts at getting a grip on Xmas has been thwarted again..oh well be the same as every other Xmas :rotfl:

better go and shuffle round the kitchen doing something useful. need to relocate posh cat from my lap first, he will not be a happy kitty

hope everyone else is doing ok
    sq:)
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    SDG I'm making choc orange biscotti too, which recipe do you use? And are you freezing or are they OK to make now? I can't remember when I made biscotti last yr but think it was a bit later than this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure