Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, I can't find it. I've just booked with Virgin for March staying in Paris. It included breakfast credit each day, but no detail as to value per person per day, or where it can be used. Virgin online chat could not help. Anyone on here have any idea?

TIA

I dont know the answer. cant even see where it mentions breakfast credit on virgin site. If it is a credit on your room account it will most likely be able to be used anywhere in paris or possibly any other Caesers property

out of interest did you price up the same holiday DIY rather than a package
  • mickthetrick
    mickthetrick Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2018 at 1:16PM
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, I can't find it. I've just booked with Virgin for March staying in Paris. It included breakfast credit each day, but no detail as to value per person per day, or where it can be used. Virgin online chat could not help. Anyone on here have any idea?

TIA

i stayed at Harrahs a couple years back and had the breakfast credit in with my stay. it gave my wife and i $9 each per day of stay and it could only be used at Starbucks in Harrahs. now im not saying yours will be the same but it is in the same hotel group so id tend to think it will be along the line of the $9 credit
  • Cornwall_Girl
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    I dont know the answer. cant even see where it mentions breakfast credit on virgin site. If it is a credit on your room account it will most likely be able to be used anywhere in paris or possibly any other Caesers property

out of interest did you price up the same holiday DIY rather than a package

Yes I checked it through expedia, and booking flights and hotel separately. I believe there was an issue with the Virgin site when I booked, as upgrading to Premium Economy took £1500 off the price, that was already £400 cheaper than next cheapest I'd found on expedia. Only problem now is that the seats are not together which is disappointing and unexpected, never booked a long flight so last minute before.
  • Cornwall_Girl
    Options
    i stayed at Harrahs a couple years back and had the breakfast credit in with my stay. it gave my wife and i $9 each per day of stay and it could only be used at Starbucks in Harrahs. now im not saying yours will be the same but it is in the same hotel group so id tend to think it will be along the line of the $9 credit

That's probably going to be the same, I'm sure they'd be advertising it more obviously if it was something better than that. Thanks
  • flagrunner
    Options
    Hi

I arrived in Vegas last night and it's great to be back. Personally, my favourite time is when it's 100+ degrees (nothing like stepping out of the airport for the first time and experiencing the hairdryer wind!) so it's a little strange to be a bit chilly at nights. I have a couple of quick flight queries and I thought I'd post here rather than the flights section. Hope I chose correctly!

Firstly, I flew with BA direct from Heathrow. I started my trip in Aberdeen and checked in almost exactly 24 hours prior to checkin as that was the earliest I was told that I could check in. Incidendtally, I checked into both flights 24 hours prior to the Aberdeen flight and therefore checked in more than 24 hours before the Vegas flight. Upon going to choose my seat, I was gutted to see that there were only FIVE seats available to choose on the Vegas flight! All others were booked out. Now, surely, not everyone had checked in before me as I checked in about 1 minute after I was able to and actually checked in more than 24 hours before the flight. I couldn't even purchase seats (which I would have done if possible at that point as I really wanted a window seat). Did I miss something here? I've checked my flight home and, again, the app tells me I check in 24 hours prior to departure. I'll buy a seat if I have to but does anywone know how almost ALL of the seats were unavailable as soon as checkin opened? Is it likely that everyone bought their seats? Or had connecting flights before mine (I had a 4 hour wait in Heathrow so unlikely)? Or did BA restrict me for some reason (it was a particularly cheap fare).

Secondly, our flight was delayed. Upon the plane arriving in London apparently one of ground staff damaged something and they had to source another 747. As a result we landed at Mccarran (and the door opened) 2 hours and 50 mninutes later than it was supposed to. Reading the flight delays section here, I understand that there is nothing I can do, claim-wise, as the flight was to outside the EU and was not at least 3 hours...is that correct? In all fairness the cabin crew were awesome and dealing with some rather cranky passengers.

Thanks all
  • koalakoala
    Options
    I'm allowed to choose my seats when I book , as I am silver executive.
    So I imagine many others also silver or gold.
  • Hackers76
    Options
    flagrunner wrote: »
    Hi

I arrived in Vegas last night and it's great to be back. Personally, my favourite time is when it's 100+ degrees (nothing like stepping out of the airport for the first time and experiencing the hairdryer wind!) so it's a little strange to be a bit chilly at nights. I have a couple of quick flight queries and I thought I'd post here rather than the flights section. Hope I chose correctly!

Firstly, I flew with BA direct from Heathrow. I started my trip in Aberdeen and checked in almost exactly 24 hours prior to checkin as that was the earliest I was told that I could check in. Incidendtally, I checked into both flights 24 hours prior to the Aberdeen flight and therefore checked in more than 24 hours before the Vegas flight. Upon going to choose my seat, I was gutted to see that there were only FIVE seats available to choose on the Vegas flight! All others were booked out. Now, surely, not everyone had checked in before me as I checked in about 1 minute after I was able to and actually checked in more than 24 hours before the flight. I couldn't even purchase seats (which I would have done if possible at that point as I really wanted a window seat). Did I miss something here? I've checked my flight home and, again, the app tells me I check in 24 hours prior to departure. I'll buy a seat if I have to but does anywone know how almost ALL of the seats were unavailable as soon as checkin opened? Is it likely that everyone bought their seats? Or had connecting flights before mine (I had a 4 hour wait in Heathrow so unlikely)? Or did BA restrict me for some reason (it was a particularly cheap fare).

Secondly, our flight was delayed. Upon the plane arriving in London apparently one of ground staff damaged something and they had to source another 747. As a result we landed at Mccarran (and the door opened) 2 hours and 50 mninutes later than it was supposed to. Reading the flight delays section here, I understand that there is nothing I can do, claim-wise, as the flight was to outside the EU and was not at least 3 hours...is that correct? In all fairness the cabin crew were awesome and dealing with some rather cranky passengers.

Thanks all

I would imagine with long haul flights most people would pay for seats early to ensure they were next to family or friends. We are going in May and I have recently had to change our seat selections as we have an additional party member, there are limited options for us even with a few months to go.
  • Hackers76
    Options
    That's probably going to be the same, I'm sure they'd be advertising it more obviously if it was something better than that. Thanks

Stayed at The Linq in 2016 and had the same deal. We are going back there this year and have booked in two groups. On one booking BA have specified the breakfast deal but there is nothing on the other booking. I am hoping that it is standard across all bookings within the group, if somebody can confirm that it would be great.
  • Cornwall_Girl
    Options
    I'm trying to put together an itinerary for 6 nights from 27th March, staying in Paris. Trying to do things we've not done before. If anyone could help with recommendations/or telling me to steer away from them for the following it would be really appreciated:
    -Shooting range of some sort
    -Eiffel tower
    -Zipline at Freemont Street
    -High roller (not sure about this)
    -Bellagio buffet
    -Ride other than New York New York and Stratosphere ones
    -Coyote Ugly bar

I've redeemed a number of rewards on myvegas in case I use any of them, including $75 off in Tender, last time I went was 2015 and I loved the food and service, but open to new steakhouse suggestions. It's my birthday a couple of weeks before we go, so I'd be interested if any of you know any birthday freebies that I may get as it won't be on my actual birthday?

Thanks
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 February 2018 at 8:12PM
    Options
    We enjoyed the High Roller. Have done it once in the daytime with bar car and once at night without. Look for a deal on Travelzoo or groupon. That will help with the cost.

We prefer Aria buffet to Bellagio at the moment. It just seems fresher and has more items that we enjoy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure