provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Macdexter
    Macdexter Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Go to your contract. If it is there in the terms and conditions then re aware of it when you signed up and cannot now bleat about it. If it is not in your contract and you have not subsequently adopted it or agreed to it, then it cannot be forced upon you. However, your contract is presumably a one of business, not employment and as such, you are expected to shoulder some risk. How much will be in your contract.
    I agree with property.advert!
    they cannot force anything on you. You should go though your contacts.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2011 at 11:23AM
    Options
    Here's one for you I've been informed by several people on tonight's round that even if you are self employed you are entitled to holiday pay. Wonder if you can have a claim backdated?????!!!!!

There is no right to holiday pay when you are self employed, you are entitled to holiday but not to be paid as who is going to pay you?

As for leaving a one day sort of strike a good idea but i suggest it be the busiest collecting day, as agents are self employed you can pick and choose when you work, if your manager says anything just bring out the self employed card as they always seem to do.
  • bret
    bret Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Well are we not collecting week 20 ? Lets see how they like it eh, not just sales NO COLLECTING !
    you need to collect for your commision dont suffer anymore loss of money. no sales will hurt them maybe 3 or 4 week would do it :T
  • wayne2786
    wayne2786 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Just so people know, (i couldnt be bothered reading every page) but if every agent does not collect money its not just going to upset the managers, it will also upset me! i have a loan out with provident, (nearly paid off now yey!! :j) but for about 1 month when i had no job and run out of savings i have to miss 1 or 2 payments, this now reflects on my experian credit report.

if no one collects my payment i for one will be very annoyed!
  • bret
    Options
    summer_boy wrote: »
    That sounds to me to be bradford HQ speak. Be careful what we wish for. Job security - holiday pay - pension benefits - sick pay - employment rights - minimum wage. So we want to give all that up if we have the chance to be self employed with an agency that can be terminated in 7 days if we don't perform ( control again, funny how that word keeps cropping up). Believe me the last thing provident want is for te revenue to explore the status of the agents. Imagine if all 11000 agents were made employed on minimum wage. Now imagine the additional revenue due to increased wages and employers nic. You are talking millions not thousands. We all need to contact the revenue and tell them what it's really like to work for provident. So I'm ur words you said be careful what you wish for, well up to now 95 per cent of reps feel they will be worse off. Agents we need to make crook pay
    to be employed with holiday pay and sick pay not worry when someone doesn't pay sit and have a cuppa and a chat with customers on providents time and get paid for it. sounds good to me. tell customers to drop their payments if they want to cause it wont matter to the agent and will also save on account bills. :rotfl:
  • bret
    Options
    mr crook by nature and name hope u and your team of idiots are happy with the out come of your greed. not one happy or loyal agent do u have. kiss our !!!!'s fat boy
  • bret
    Options
    wayne2786 wrote: »
    Just so people know, (i couldnt be bothered reading every page) but if every agent does not collect money its not just going to upset the managers, it will also upset me! i have a loan out with provident, (nearly paid off now yey!! :j) but for about 1 month when i had no job and run out of savings i have to miss 1 or 2 payments, this now reflects on my experian credit report.

if no one collects my payment i for one will be very annoyed!
    u only have to save your payment til the following week. our wages are more important than one payment missed.sorry
  • wayne2786
    wayne2786 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    bret wrote: »
    u only have to save your payment til the following week. our wages are more important than one payment missed.sorry

why should i have to save it until next week? when i signed up for this loan i was told every week come rain sun or snow there would be an agent round to collect my payment (i even pay a full 4 weeks in advance to make it easier)

you should be taking it up with the company not punishing people who pay on time, what about the people who pay full every week? are they going to be left wondering whats going on? wasting money on phone calls etc? not everyone is a member of this site.

at the end of the day weather you collect one payment one week and one the next or none one week and two the next the big bosses are still going to get there money, its like saying lets boycott petrol stations for one day, it will never work because people will spend more the day before or the day after.

maybe im sounding abit harsh but i highly doubt that every agent is on this site so how can you contact them all and ask them not to collect on a certain date? there are only a handful of you, take it up with your employers!
  • bret
    Options
    why should i have to save it until next week? when i signed up for this loan i was told every week come rain sun or snow there would be an agent round to collect my payment (i even pay a full 4 weeks in advance to make it easier)

you should be taking it up with the company not punishing people who pay on time, what about the people who pay full every week? are they going to be left wondering whats going on? wasting money on phone calls etc? not everyone is a member of this site.

at the end of the day weather you collect one payment one week and one the next or none one week and two the next the big bosses are still going to get there money, its like saying lets boycott petrol stations for one day, it will never work because people will spend more the day before or the day after.

maybe im sounding abit harsh but i highly doubt that every agent is on this site so how can you contact them all and ask them not to collect on a certain date? there are only a handful of you, take it up with your employers!
    i think u have miss read, we are collecting just not doing sales so dont worry your payments will be collected, most customers are with us not against us cause they know how hard this job can be, also as for the handfull of us on here we do have mouths and phones.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Well, if the worst does happen and no ones comes to collect your payment you should put it away somewhere safe and wait until a collector calls.

It'll be good practice for you. It's lack of financial planning that had you go running to Provident in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure