PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Zandimos
    Zandimos Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

I viewed the property, made an offer and offer accepted on 1st March.
    Subsequently everything has been done on my side regarding searches and mortgage etc.
    We are buying a part exchange and completion was supposedly end of May, but still waiting for any news whatsoever.
    The EA keeps telling me that the CML hasn't been issued yet and therefore the new build cannot complete. The CML was meant to be issued on 14th May but still not heard that it has been, EA has now said 14th June for the CML and completion at end of June.

Starting to become a long waiting game with no definitive answers and keep getting pushed back :(
  • Chi-me
    Chi-me Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 June 2019 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Similar position here. Empty, non probate, FTBs, offered early March. Sellers solicitor hasn't sent building regs documentation and 3 weeks after our solicitor requesting and chasing they still haven't been provided. So fed up and frustrated :mad:

Good luck!
    We've had confirmation yesterday our lender is happy to proceed following our explanation of why we're paying over their (overly cautious) valuation.

Having spoken to the EA a lot in the last few days, I've seen what the sellers sols have sent. Shockingly, I think there's slack people on both sides, and that my lot might be the worst. Which is fun!

There's a few things outstanding still from enquiries, tho the person I spoke to seemed to think it was just a few bits that need tidying and sounded fairly positive. That all depends if their sols can get the stuff obvs, and it has taken 2 days and 3 requests for them to send the email asking for things. :rotfl:

I am very tentatively hopeful that if these things can be resolved swiftly we may be able to exchange end of next week. And complete the following week. I know simultaneous ex & comp is possible but I just l checked costs and I'm not giving them any more £ than I have to! ;)
    :money:
  • zoot_ze
    zoot_ze Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    2nd May - Viewing
    8th May - Closing date and offer accepted
    15th May - DIP application with Skipton submitted and approved
    15th May - Written acceptance received - looking at a completion date of 5th July
    16th May - Full mortgage application submitted
    21st May - Visit solicitor's office and view documents received so far. Requesting sellers fix the oven before move-in and also instructing a damp survey as a damp-proof course has failed in the past and one wall in the home report had elevated levels (not covered by any damp-proof course with a guarantee).
    22nd May - Mortgage approved!
    29th May - Damp survey instructed (why did it take 8 days for my solicitor to do this? The mind boggles)

4th June - Chase up solicitor about damp survey, turns out they weren't able to reach the vendor. Not happy about the amount of time taken to get it sorted as we have to give notice really soon on our tenancy and are now approaching 3 weeks on this one issue.

Getting less happy and more worried as the days go by - we were on the market for months before having an offer accepted and made a lot of compromises on this one - now worried we've overpaid for what's far from the dream flat. SO seems to be less on board with every day that goes by which isn't great either.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunday 19th May - DH and I go on our normal running route through park, up cul de sac and into woods - notice for sale sign on house adjoining woods. Not planning on moving.
    Thurs 23rd May - I go and view house with my mum (DH on phone) ask EA to follow me back and sign my house up to be marketed. Am about to go on hols so arrange for photos next weekend. DH has not seen house but submits to my craziness and signs his life away whilst on a conference call. We immediately get in the car and I drive to Ireland for a family wedding/hol.
    Sat 1st Jun - EA comes around and takes photos, 1st viewing from someone on their books
    Sun 2nd Jun - 2nd viewing (I show lady round) and she says she wants to put in an offer. I offer on property I want.
    Mon 3rd Jun - Find out my offer is rejected and two more offers on the house. Lady offers on mine, 25k below asking. I reject (property isn't even online yet!)
    Tues 4th Jun - Accept another offer on my house and put in my last and final offer to new house
    Weds 5th Jun - offer accepted!
    Today - Mortgage advisor coming round, all documentation is in place - fingers crossed!

We have two below us in the chain, the house we want is vacant.
  • DonnaLangwith
    Options
    I am selling a leasehold property.

First sale fell through 3 months in just as about to complete as buyer's mortgage offer was pulled for audit last minute then refused.

3 months into second sale to a housing association their solicitor checked the deeds and decided as the lease refers to the 'coloured' part of the title plans (red boundary line) and the land registry had been sent a black and white copy they are refusing to exchange and complete and have in fact withdrawn from the purchase after 4 momths conveyancing although as their solicitors had failed to inform them we were continuing to deal with the deeds problem there is a chance they will come back on board.

My property has been empty for almost 8 months now waiting for sales to complete. Paying this mortgage and council tax as well as the property I live in is taking all my savings and I can't do this much longer.

The leaseholders feel a re-grant of deeds unnecessary and are now seeking legal advice. They are now talking about dealing with the deeds by way of variation whatever that means, In any case we have to pay the leaseholder's legal costs as well as our own.

Buyer's solicitor taking 3 months to check the deeds at the very last minute before exchange and completion I feel is in breach of SLA regulations to deal with things in a timely manner. This issue could have been resolved some weeks ago. They agreed that completion would be possible by end of April when clearly they hadn't even checked the deeds. We are now at the end of the first week in June. I received the deeds to the property I am buying 10 weeks ago and resolved issues I had with these quickly even though I offered on the property 3 weeks after my property sold.

Also I presume it was the solicitor acting on my behalf 22yrs ago when I purchased the property who has inorrectly sent black and white copies to land registry. I wonder if I have any case

Anyone had any experience with this? The whole experience has been a nightmare from the start.
  • correll
    correll Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I am getting VERY fed up, here we are at another weekend with no definite dates. All enquiries / searches / surveys / mortgage offer for our buyer done by end of May. Now the buyers solicitors are saying they are 'waiting instruction' I don't know what the hell is going on - surely it is just a question of exchange and completion now. I just wish I had the money to move out of the house without waiting for the buyer. I am NEVER moving again!!
  • correll
    Options
    Zandimos, I feel your pain. This is such a drawn out process and you always seem at the mercy of other people. Hope it gets sorted for the end of the month
  • correll
    Options
    donnalang, it seems from reading the threads on here that it is a very lucky person who sails through house buying/selling! The rest of us just sink into a pit of despair!!
  • Catkei
    Catkei Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    4th May - Viewed property
    7th May - First offer made and declined
    11th May - Viewed another property
    13th May - Second offer on 1st property
    14th May - Offer accepted
    21st May - Notified by EA that vendors have had their offer accepted and their purchase is no onward chain (yippee)
    22nd May - Solicitor instructed
    29th May - Mortgage appointment with Nationwide, application submitted
    5th June - Valuation done and mortgage offer issued
    8th June - Mortgage offer received in post

Quite impressed by how quick Nationwide have been with the mortgage offer! Just a waiting game for the legal bits now...
  • correll
    Options
    Zoot_ze, It does always seem to be that everyone in the sorry process moves sooo slow. You can spend months alternating between hope and despair!
    Hope all goes well for you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure