PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Tea cooked in slow cooker

2. Good day at work - interviewed people = no decision made yet

3. Chat with neighbour

4. DH feeling better

5. Xmas decorations ready to put up
  • The weekend is here,
    Everyone off, have some cheer.
    There be our winners, some losers with grace.
    Some running very fast, others keeping pace.
    But for one, comes another day in fear.

Me, just off for a wobbleades, quarts of beer!

Enjoy, I see that it could be a long journey home tomorrow.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

sparrer / Chicken - sadly no snow reached me, or at least not enough to mention - I got maybe half a dozen flakes, which turned to sleet, which turned to heavy and persistent rain. :( Hey ho, there's lots of winter left yet...

mcculloch - that's sad news about Rummy's racing career. I have to admit I share OT's concerns about letting him jump regularly, but his owners obviously care about him so I suppose they know what they're doing and aren't going to do anything that will hurt him. Like Kittikins, I'm a fan of showjumping so I hope to see him in the future.

1) A very quiet day at work - I spent the last three quarters of an hour entering competitions and not even pretending to work. :o

2) A colleague gave me a voucher for 25% off at B00ts, and I realised when I checked my receipt that it took 25% off the whole bill, including items which were already on offer and which the voucher specifically said wouldn't be included. :money:

3) Put up my Xmas tree. :D Given the amount of glitter I vacuum up throughout December and January I'm amazed there's any left on the decorations, but it seems to be as sparkly as ever this year. :D

4) Chinese fakeaway for dinner, made with various bits from the supermarket. :money:

5) To be eaten curled up watching a festive DVD, by the light of my Xmas tree. :xmastree: (And while nursing the very sore scratches on my wrist where the tree really didn't want to be put up. :o)

Have a lovely Friday evening, all.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,181 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son had a good day at school.

3) Went into town. Nothing in the charity shops of note but then I went in one of the many £ shops and saw exactly what my brother has been looking for to give sons for Christmas.

4) Sainsburys and got the shopping for mum's neighbour who is being treated for leukemia.

5) Went to smaller son's old school for his coat that they had lost and they gave me that AND the PE kit I've been asking for for 6 weeks!

6) Bigger son's coat came from EBay. He wanted a Superdry one and they were over £75 in the shops but he doesn't mind 2nd hand. He is still wearing it right now!

7) Swimming with sons and brother.

8) Made spaghetti and meat balls for dinner.

9) Brother and sons are now playing on the Wii.

10) We poured off the first of the sloe gin. (Straight from the demijohn!) When we had recovered from testing it, I put a lot more sugar in!

11) Sister's boyfriend has texted to say he wants to take sons geocaching tomorrow afternoon.
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 9:56PM
    Options
    Good evening all!

Missmoneysave -happy birthday for tomorrow!:beer:

Dundee - are you ok??

5 for today

1. Day off.

2. Reverbed 2p

3.My favourite episode of Build a new Life in the Country was on at lunchtime- a couple and their young daughter moved to a derelict 19th C . farmhouse in Co. Limerick did it up on a teeny tiny budget...Even OH said I would like to do up a house like that !

4.Met my ex colleagues and had a meal - food was ok , service was DIRE they could learn a thing or two from the Golden Arches staff across the road about customer service . I wanted to B**ch slap the waitress in the end she was unacceptably rude . I have been given a feedback form ......

5. Bought myself a blue and black striped jumper quite a Dennis the Menace meets Ageing Hippy type of thing.I haven't had the inclination to buy any clothes for ages , as I feel guilty about it .As its a "want" and not a "need " really- still its quirky and I like it :)

Have a good weekend all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone! :hello:

What a week it's been! As mentioned a few days ago, Claire Lomas was due to pop in to the school in which I teach. Well, she arrived yesterday having done some cycling around the nearby reservoir. What an amazing woman. The children were all truly amazed at her incredibly calm, down to earth demeanor; she is a true inspiration and good role model for determination and perseverance. As a result of her visit (and that of a BBC cameraman to film the proceedings!), we will be holding our own challenge in order to raise money for her chosen charities. Honestly, an amazing woman.

In the meantime, I have my 5 OS pleasures for the day:

1) Chilli con carne for supper this evening. It was the last one in the freezer, so a new batch will need to be cooked...

2) Started to write my Christmas cards! Not OS, but I like choosing the best cards to suit my personality. Weird maybe...

3) winter duvet on the bed. I love it!

4) MORE books to sort for the charity shop. Really need to open my own bookshop, I think. A positive of all this is that I'm signed up for Age UK's Gift Aid scheme so the charity receives gift aid on my donation.

5) A friend has brought round some old magazines she doesn't want any more. Brilliant, but need to work my way through them!

Sleep tight everyone :wave:
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

My five pleasures for Friday.

1. Thanks for the prompt Revolving Door. I counted up our penny pig's contents and we now have £3 bagged up ready to get changed at the bank.:)

2. Not very MSE, and a rather mixed pleasure, but we test drove a little ten-year old car today for DS1. Our friendly local garage has been keeping an eye out for a sound s/h car for him. He saved all the money to buy one through last year plus the cash to insure it and extra for unforeseen costs. It drives well and seems in good condition and DS1 said he wants it and has arranged to collect it at the end of next week. I'm absolutely terrified about him driving on his own. :eek: He, needless to say, is over the moon.:j - it's lovely to see him so happy. We now need to clear the garage before next weekend.:eek:

3. Have done a final list of non-food Xmas shopping that needs doing. There's not much left.

4. Have had fun working on a Christmas Card design. We don't normally give them but this is for something very specific this year and I need to mass produce some.

5. A lovely catch up chat in the sports centre reception with a friend I bumped into whom I hadn't seen for a few years.

(((Hugs))) to those that need need them and sweet dreams,

B x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Told you I'd be back.... :)

1. Achieved my NSD even though I did....

2. ...spend gift vouchers I was given by old work on necessities/presents for DD and me (am I completely sad in admitting that I will have 3 presents to hide away for DD's birthday in March 2013? probably.....but that's how I roll ;) )

3. Am going to do a chum a big favour on Tuesday, looking forward to helping her and her lovely kids out. Must write it in my diary so I don't forget!!

4. Builder texted to confirm he's starting the kitchen work on Monday, yippee!

5. DD feels and looks a lot better

6. Wrapped all my christmas presents, including those for DD - that DVD I gave her this morning captivated her again and again today!! My parents can take them up to theirs when they leave, meaning I have less to forget when we go up for Christmas :)

7. DD has decorated lots of the house with tinsel, and our little wooden nativity is up on the mantelpiece :):)

8. I've sorted out lots of smartish clothes for my new job in the wardrobe, as I will have to be much smarter in school than I was at the old place, eeek!

9. The house is getting much tidier in anticipation of the parental visit, will still no doubt be running around like a blue-bottomed fly tomorrow morning ;)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 December 2012 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Sparrer, Dundee and & hope you are all ok

Happy Birthday missmoneysave :bdaycake:

Popping in whilst I feel able... last 2 days not a pleasure as I swing from cold.gif to hot.gif and mostly I've been bed.gif must be man-flu resistant to flu jab:rotfl:

1. warm bed
    2. glad I had built up stores of cold and flu pills
    3. glad I had built up stores of soup
    4. glad I had bought a huge vienetta on offer at moresons last week as it has been a godsend for my sore throat
    5. sorry mine are so boring but have enjoyed catching up on your pleasures
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Get well soon skinty and glad you had a medicinal vienetta on hand!xx

Missmoneysave Happy Birthday to yoooooooooou x

Dundee Doll sending hugs and love wherever and however you're feeling today x

Ampersand come back, we miss your posts x

VickyA - I am very envious of your school's visit from Claire Lomas. After you first posted, I had a good read of her website to see if she was coming anywhere near us, but we're too far south. What an amazing, inspiring woman, and I bet the children will never forget her visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure