IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Start your own thread, and realise this is shockingly enough NOT the place to ask questions about posters who havent been here in a long time.

Have you read the newbies thread yet? Because shockingly its tailor made for newbies....
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    @kpear
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN ARCHIVE THREAD
    WHERE COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MOVED FROM THIS STICKY:

NEWBIES!!! HAVE YOU GOT A PRIVATE PARKING TICKET?**READ THIS FIRST**!! Thankyou!!!!
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE.
    IF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERED ALREADY ON THE STICKY THREADS,
    PLEASE NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, JUST START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD.

You missed this post
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I often wonder why those huge private parking signs and their contents are so frequently ignored. Then up pops another post here .....! :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Marius_Titulescu
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Hope I never get one, but it's good to know how to resolve it.
  • m149065
    m149065 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I notice that for postal NTK's they must arrive within 14 days following the day after the offence? Looking at the link to the legal document it does say that in the event of a postal notification it shall be deemed to have been delivered within 2 WORKING (not weekends) days of posting unless proven otherwise. I had one from CEL which arrived on a Tuesday being day 15 after the event and have appealed based on this as your site did not clarify this point. Am I likely to win this argument at POPLA who have the appeal now? I am concerned I may have missed the boat for paying a lesser fee
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    m149065 wrote: »
    I notice that for postal NTK's they must arrive within 14 days following the day after the offence? Looking at the link to the legal document it does say that in the event of a postal notification it shall be deemed to have been delivered within 2 WORKING (not weekends) days of posting unless proven otherwise. I had one from CEL which arrived on a Tuesday being day 15 after the event and have appealed based on this as your site did not clarify this point. Am I likely to win this argument at POPLA who have the appeal now? I am concerned I may have missed the boat for paying a lesser fee

Have you read post #6 above? It's in quite big letters.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    m149065 wrote: »
    I notice that for postal NTK's they must arrive within 14 days following the day after the offence?

This is an info-thread and MSE don't issue parking tickets, so why on earth are you posting here..?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yawn, why look at the DATE of a non POFA NTK. Who cares about the date?

Look at the wording! It's not capable of holding a keeper liable ANYWAY even if sent earlier.

How many times do people post about the irrelevant 14 days, re a non POFA Notice...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • flipperjones
    Options
    First of all I would like to say a huge thank you to all who have spent time writing threads and helping others fight parking tickets. So much info and cases out there to read!

My story...

Received 3x notice to keepers from Minster Baywatch asking me to pay £60 for each alleged offence. I responded back to them confirming I actually hold a membership with them and pay them £38 per month to use the car park.

They responded - my appeal has been forwarded to appeal team and if I don't hear back from them within 35 days I should contact them. I did not contact them nor received an response on any appeal.

Letter before claim received - Gladstone solicitors. Contacted them advising I have not received a response back from Bransby Wilson. Received a very quick response back from Gladstone with 3 attachments on email claiming they have sent out letters confirming my appeal was lost and I owed them money.

Completed pre-action protocol and sent REQUEST FOR FURTHER AND BETTER PARTICULARS to Gladstone. As expected, I have still not received any response back from Gladstones,

Received claim form for county court - registered on MCOL and now need to prepare a defence statement. HELP NEEDED WITH THIS PLEASE.

Background to my membership with Bransby Wilson (Minster baywatch manage parking for them on the site and have brought claim ). Held a membership with them since July 2017. Had two vehicles registered with them to park at the site. Bought a new car and didn't tell them I had changed registrations as my membership card was clearly displayed in the window at all times. (In their appeal letter they say that photographs and patrol officers notes (where applicable) will be taken into consideration. Just after I changed cars they installed cameras and new signs and thats when I received the 3 notice to keeper letters demanding payment.

I have reviewed the car parking membership terms and conditions and under section 3. Licensee's undertaking it clearly states in 3.9 that I must inform Bransby Wilson immediately (should ANPR operate on this site) of any change of vehicles using this site to avoid receiving a parking ticket.

3.8 states I must display my membership card - I did and it can be vaguely seen on the photographs on their parking charge notice.

As mentioned above, at the time of me taking out the membership with them, the site was not ANPR operated! Bransby Wilson did not notify members that signs and cameras were being erected.

I have 7 days to completed my defence statement and need help to write one. Is there anybody out there that can please help me. Thanks for taking to the time to read, it is very much appreciated.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2018 at 11:21PM
    Options
    Flipperjones, the very first thing you need to do is read post #6 of this thread.

Here's a summary of that post:

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

but the rest is worth reading too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport