Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• 1974Marie
    Options
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Probably a browser compatibility problem, or your privacy settings, etc. Just try a different browser.

Hi. Thanks for reply.

They wrote back to me saying "I can confirm the reason why we have requested a photo of your reading was to ensure the reading was entered correctly and all meter details correlate with those we have on file. I can confirm I have now input your reading, and you should be able to input 5 digits on your meter now."

So instead of contacting me to ask for this at the outset they blocked me from inputing readings and wait for me to contact them.

That is not a level of customer service I am used to. Applied to leave and I do not recommend them at all.
  • hareng
    hareng Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1974Marie wrote: »
    So instead of contacting me to ask for this at the outset they blocked me from inputing readings and wait for me to contact them.

Was this with an old meter by any chance?
    You input a zero first, everything thereafter hunky dory only need to input 4 digits.
  • Seejuu
    Seejuu Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 November 2019 at 12:10PM
    Options
    On 14 June 2019 Outfox acknowledged I was switching and undertook to send me a final statement within
    six weeks.

On 02 July 2019 Outfox sent the final statement balance showing a credit due to me of £36.82.

On 12 July 2019, ten days later, Outfox WITHDREW £59.12 from my bank account.

On 12 August 2019 Outfox WITHDREW £59.12 from my bank account.

On 22 August 2019 emailed Outfox for my refund: auto reply received.

On 12 September 2019 Outfox WITHDREW £59.12 from my bank account.

On 12 September 2019 (Same day!) Bank credit FISCHER ENERGY £155.06: who are they?:( (I now know!)

On 22 September 2019 I emailed Outfox chasing the refund.

On 14 October 2019 Outfox WITHDREW £59.12 from my bank account.

On 21 October 2019, having had no response, I emailed Outfox again stating I would complain to the Energy Ombudsman if no reply within a week. I received an auto-reply promising a response within 5 days.

On 31 October 2019 I used Google to find out who Fisher Energy was. The person who answered my call to Fisner Enery said Outfox was a sister company. I did not say why I phoned but they asked my name and postcode which I gave them. I thanked them for the information, said I had a claim against Outfox and said goodbye. Cancelled my direct debit and complained to the Energy Ombudsman.

On 01 November 2019 email from Outfox, "Your direct debit has been cancelled.". My reply, "I know because I cancelled it! :rotfl: Please reply to my other emails."
    I'll let you know the outcome and leave you to judge Outfox The Market ;)
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Seejuu wrote: »
    On 14 June 2019 Outfox acknowledged I was switching and undertook to send me a final statement within
    six weeks.

I would have had similar problems with Ovo if I had not cancelled the Direct Debit when I switched. Ovo told me the DD remains active until they produce a final statement. I had to let Ovo set up a new DD so they could send a refund to my bank account!

The whole system of switching needs a radical overhaul.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    I would have had similar problems with Ovo if I had not cancelled the Direct Debit when I switched. Ovo told me the DD remains active until they produce a final statement. I had to let Ovo set up a new DD so they could send a refund to my bank account! . . .
    I cancelled my Avro DD after confirming a switch to another supplier but they still refunded to my bank account.

I suspect that Ovo has realised that customers are learning that the DD is not actually necessary after a switch has completed and so are trying to be difficult about the refund. Personally, I would have made them send a cheque - which must still be received within 10 working days of the final bill.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Nick_C
    Options
    I cancelled my Avro DD after confirming a switch to another supplier but they still refunded to my bank account.

I suspect that Ovo has realised that customers are learning that the DD is not actually necessary after a switch has completed and so are trying to be difficult about the refund. Personally, I would have made them send a cheque - which must still be received within 10 working days of the final bill.

Problem I had was six weeks had passed since the switch and I had still not had a final bill. I just wanted the money asap and raised a formal complaint. They sent me a payment on account, based on my calculation. About a week later I got a final bill and have just paid them £0.06 by credit card to clear the account!

Currently, there is no penalty for failing to issue a final bill in 6 weeks, although OFGEM are consulting on this.
  • Seejuu
    Seejuu Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2020 at 10:42AM
    Options
    05 November: Outfox reply to mine above of 01 November:
    "Thank you for your email, I can see that a refund was processed for you on the 12th September. You should have got an email confirming this? This refund will appear on your bank statement as coming from Fischer Energy as this is our Parent company."
    My reply:
    "Yes, I got a refund on the 12th September from Fischer Energy but no email advising me who Fischer Energy was. In my last email I attached other emails concerning the matter. Did you see and read them?

I had hoped that would explain the situation. Please see the same attachments.

I have just checked my Outfox the Market account. It shows:
    Your account is currently £118.24 in credit.
    Direct Debit amount
    £59.12
    Next payment date
    12 Nov 2019

Please may I have a refund for all Outfox owes me?"
    Forwarded email to Energy Ombudsman who's processing my complaint.:)
  • curlytail
    Options
    Originally had gas and electric with them but changed in July to gas only as gas price was still the best I could find. Website is tacky and not very efficient. I am now finding their internal systems don't match my account info on their website.
    Recently they emailed me threatening to put me on a higher tariff if I don't set up a direct debit as I should have done in July.
    After emailing back and forth I have found out that my original direct debit was stopped by them when I changed tariffs but this wasn't explained to me at the time and the website showed it was set up and due out shortly. No - the website was wrong I was told so I set one up - feels like they think I should have known about this! She also told me that I should be giving monthly meter readings and the reason why my estimated electric usage was different in her email to what was shown on their website was that I hadn't given them meter readings for over a year. I sent a copy of what was on my account on their useless website that showed I was indeed giving a reading every 2 months. They apologised finally and now will feedback about the website being different to their internal systems - I'll wait and see!
  • RalphS
    RalphS Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I previously posted on Oct21. Signed up for One Variable Plus 1.0 which I'm very happy with. Everything has been as it should, no issues at all! Maybe I'm with another Outfox? :money:
  • Nick_C
    Options
    RalphS wrote: »
    I previously posted on Oct21. Signed up for One Variable Plus 1.0 which I'm very happy with. Everything has been as it should, no issues at all! Maybe I'm with another Outfox? :money:

I think consumers have good and bad experiences with all utility companies. And two months isn't long.

I find all feedback useful. OTM was the cheapest company when I switched to them in October and they remain so. I was slightly put off by the warning from Cheap Energy Club, but they seem no worse than any other supplier.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback