Rosacea

Options
I seem to have developed rosacea on my nose - think rudolph impression ! Made worse by cold weather.
Did school run today without makeup and couple of 'friends' reaction to how red it was made me stop and consider that I would actually need to buy something / do something about it, rather than later on green coverup, foundation, concealer, powder !!

Can anyone recommend a cream / product / tip ...... that helps reduce the redness .

Thanks for any ideas
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

Comments

• donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to go to your doctor, there is a cream/gel which really helps but it is prescription only.

You will need to wear a high sun spf all year round on your face too. Certain ingredients in skin care can also set it off.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    donnac2558 wrote: »
    You need to go to your doctor, there is a cream/gel which really helps but it is prescription only.

You will need to wear a high sun spf all year round on your face too. Certain ingredients in skin care can also set it off.

what is the cream called ?
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • katiekittykat
    Options
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • panagia
    panagia Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    BOBS wrote: »
    I seem to have developed rosacea on my nose - think rudolph impression ! Made worse by cold weather.

Join the club, it's so embarrassing isn't it! I'm staying indoors as much as possible right now, as the skin on my nose is so red. I'm hoping it's going to clear up in a few days. But with me I think it's more of an infection than rosacea, and I've got a lotion on prescription which I am using.
    boots.com/la-roche-posay/la-roche-posay-rosaliac[/url]

This stuff is amazing xxx

And if you go to the larger branches of Boots, there's usually an assistant to advise you, and they often have sample size products to try first, before you spend £18
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BOBS wrote: »
    what is the cream called ?

Rozex metronldazike ph.eur. As I said it is prescription only.

Strangely the al roche posay range did not work well for me. My skin just did not like it at all.

Argan oil was something I used under my Elemis cream and really help sooth my skin. Any time I have an out break I always ended up going by on the Elemis though I cannot use quite a few products from the range. Argan oil you need the pure stuff not mixed with other oils.
  • panagia
    panagia Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    This site is good (sorry I am unable to post links) but you might want to get a diagnosis first, from your GP or dermatologist

acne-rosacea.co.uk/
  • judi_coven
    Options
    There is a study showing honey can help. Google 'BMJ t[FONT=&quot]rial honey for the treatment of rosacea' because I can't post a link. The trial uses a New Zealand honey that is hard to obtain, but my sister (who is currently a GP but has been a dermatologist) said it might be worth trying any 'natural' honey, so if you can get hold of some unprocessed honey (i.e. from a beekeeper rather than from a shop) it might help.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I've been trying it for a couple of weeks (smearing a very small amount on overnight) and to be honest it's not doing much yet. But my sister says different people have different causes of rosacea, so honey may only work for people with a bacterial cause. Still, it's worth a try.
    [/FONT]
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was amazed when i went to the Boots cosmetic counter and asked for some help.

The lady gave me a tube of No. 7 BB cream, in a green tube but the cream is skin coloured. topped off with your own foundation, it stays put all day. I have big red marks on on cheek and it covers brilliantly.
    It is £14 so you should be able to recognise it from my description.

Good luck
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • PoppyTaylor
    Options
    I also recommend the La Roche Posay range and I also use a green-tinted CC cream which helps me.

However, I do have prescription cream recommended by the dermatologist but I haven't had to use this for a while!
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,388 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CC cream IT cosmetics, their makeup is also skincare and the coverage of this is amazing. They sell it in larger boots but also on QVC where you can watch a video of it in use.

https://www.qvcuk.com/IT-Cosmetics-Full-Coverage-SPF-50%2BCC-Cream-%26-Heavenly-Skin-Brush.product.230337.html

Its quite pricey but does come with a very lovely cruelty free brush to apply it with.

If you try boots they might have samples for you to try
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport